[R] Super Junior's Ryeowook

Our deer, Yoona

Love for Eternity

requested by kimryeowookimyoona 

 

Love is complicated. Love is simple. Love can be interpreted differently from a person to another. It does not matter how a person can interpret love or how a person views love. How can someone even fall in love with another person and call that as love?

-Love is the feeling when your heart beats faster than ever.

The first time Kim Ryeowook knows the feeling called love was before he debuted with Super Junior. As a person, Kim Ryeowook was not known for being outgoing, friendly or even bubbly. He was even recognizable as the kid who practice hard, sing well, shy and unapproachable. He was shy to the point it was hard for people to approach him at first. A certain girl named Im Yoona never give up due to her friendliness and outgoing attitude. She kept on trying her best to being his friend because she does not want to see him being left out alone.

After some time, Yoona managed to be his close friend.

The first day Ryeowook understand the feeling called love when Yoona asked him if she can call him ‘oppa’.

“Can I call you Ryeowook-oppa?”

Her question was simple and common, but that was the first time she called him ‘oppa’. She usually addressed him formally.

“Yes… Yoona-sshi…” He replied shortly after maintaining his composure.

“Oppa, let’s continue being friends~”

Ryeowook stared blankly at Yoona without moving an inch. He was mesmerized by her smile for unknown reasons. The red tint of blush slowly appeared on his cheeks, his hearts beats faster as he can feel the butterfly in his stomach. (Sorry for using the cliché kind of feeling LOL)

To sum it all up, he was mesmerized by Im Yoona. That was the starting day of Ryeowook harboring his feelings for Yoona. He continues to stare at Yoona as she left him in the room.

Four years. For four years, Ryeowook’s love for Yoona’s grows each passing day. Ryeowook’s feelings for Yoona still remain to be one-sided love. Did he ever try to confess? He confessed to her many times, but she brushed his confession off as a joke or the timing was never right to begin with.

 

There was a time when Ryeowook chose to confess to Yoona, but his group member’s Kyuhyun appeared and take her away.

Ryeowook: “Yoona, I have something to say to you.”

Ryeowook still remembered clearly how nervous he felt that day when he first decided to let her know his true feelings for her.

Yoona: “Yes, Ryeowook-oppa? What is it?”

Ryeowook gripped on the side of his shirt tightly trying to ease his nervousness.

Ryeowook: “Yoona. I hope you won’t find this weird coming from me… Yoona, since long ago, I—”

Kyuhyun: “Oh, there you are, weirdo. Changmin’s here. Let’s go. He came along too. You know who I am talking about right, Yoong? I’m sure you want to meet him too.”

Kyuhyun took Yoona away from Ryeowook who was unable to continue any further.

Yoona: “Oppa, we talk later okay~ It’s been a long time since I talked to Changmin-oppa~ Mianhae~”

Yoona walked away while being dragged by Kyuhyun. Ryeowook hung his head low, feeling disappointed with himself.

 

That kind of situation went on for four years. Ryeowook never once regretted all the hit-and-miss kind of confession he went through while confessing to Yoona. He only ended up falling for her even more.

He finally got his heart broken without even getting the chance to confessed to Yoona properly when he found out she’s dating his very own group member.

The night when he first found out about Yoona’s relationship with one of his group member, Ryeowook shut himself away from everyone else. It was hard to cope with it, he still has to deal with the situation of seeing the two of them around him every single day.

The thoughts of seeing her smiling in the arms of another man scare him. Im Yoona, the girl he’s crushing on for four years. He finally realizes his love for her, but it is too late. She no longer notices him. Her eyes are looking at someone else.

Regardless of whatever happen, Ryeowook still treats Yoona as someone he loves so dear, even if she’s not his.

“I heard they’ve broken up…”

Ryeowook cannot believe he heard that from Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun walks towards Ryeowook’s bed and sits down on the bed while hugging Ryeowook’s giraffe pillow.

“Who?”

Pretending not to know the subject of their topic, Ryeowook feign ignorance and asks him bluntly.

“He broke up with Yoona already. It’s been two weeks. I heard from Sooyoung yesterday.”

Ryeowook feels like he cannot believe the truth Kyuhyun told him just now. Yoona and her boyfriend look like a match made in heaven. The people around them keep on saying how the two suits each other, completing each other perfectly.

“They look happy. They dated for about two years already. So, why?”

Kyuhyun put away Ryeowook’s giraffe pillow and stares at him.

“They are not destined together. Isn’t this your chance?”

Ryeowook shakes his head in denial.

“What are you talking about? What chance?”

Kyuhyun sigh in defeat, he feels pity looking at Ryeowook who is helplessly in love with Yoona.

“You love her, don’t you?”

Ryeowook stands up his seat, he walks away from the computer table walking towards Kyuhyun.

“How do you know, Kyu?”

“It doesn’t matter how I know. Isn’t it painful loving her for all these years without being able to know how she truly felt about you?”

“What are you talking about?”

“Ryeowook-ah, stop hesitating for the right time. Go ahead and tell her right now. I heard she’s at the usual place.”

“Why are you telling me this?”

Ryeowook stops before his hand reaching for the doorknob. He looks back at Kyuhyun who smiles at him.

“No reason.”

Ryeowook leaves Kyuhyun in the room, exiting their dorm in a hurry.

“How am I able to stay silent looking at your painful smile? Good luck, Ryeowook-ah.”

“There you are…”

Ryeowook walks closer to Yoona who is busy looking at the sky full of stars.

“Ryeowook-oppa… What are you doing here?”

Yoona looks away from Ryeowook who sit down beside her. She wipes away her tears, not wanting Ryeowook to notice her crying.

“Yoona-ah. Stop crying alone. I’m here.”

Ryeowook holds Yoona’s face with his hands and gently wipe her tears. He pats his shoulder, signaling that it is okay for her to cry on his shoulder.

“Oppa… How do you know I feel like crying?”

“I know more than enough. I’ve been watching over you… from afar…”

Ryeowook holds both of his knees close to him as Yoona lean on his shoulder.

Silence engulfs the two of them as both of them are busy in their own thoughts.

“Yoona, am I no good?”

“What do you mean, oppa?”

“Yoona, have you ever think of me as a man?”

Yoona stands up abruptly, Ryeowook follows her action and stares at her sincerely.

“Stop joking around, oppa. Of course you are a man, otherwise why am I calling you oppa?”

Yoona laughs at Ryeowook, brushing away his confession as a joke.

“I’m serious…”

“What are you—”

Ryeowook holds both of Yoona’s shoulder stopping her laughter.

“I am always serious about you, Yoona. The girl I told on the radio that I’ve been crushing for about for years is you. The one I’m in love with after all these years is you.”

“Oppa, what are you trying to say?”

“Yoona, I’m in love with you. I am seriously in love with you. You drive me crazy with your smile. You brighten up my day with your laughter. I feel powerless every time I see you crying alone here or in the practice room. You broke my heart when you chose him over me.”

“Oppa, I didn’t know…”

“Yoona, I’ve been in love with you for more than six years. Not even once—not even once did you notice my feelings for you. Yoona, I love you…”

Yoona stood in silence, not knowing which words she should choose to say to Ryeowook right now.

“I’m sorry, oppa. I… I don’t feel the same way…”

Yoona walks away, leaving Ryeowook alone. His tears fall the moment his knees hit the ground hard.

“Can’t you even give me a chance to treasure you?”

Ryeowook cries alone after getting his heart broken for the second time.

 

A year after that heartbreaking incident, Ryeowook heard that Yoona got into another relationship. Ryeowook feels so disappointed to the point he feels like giving up on her. However, no matter how hard his heart got broken by her, his feelings for her keep on growing stronger.

“Why do I love her so much?”

Time passes by, after one year and nine months, Yoona finally break it off with her boyfriend, Lee Seung Gi. The hole she felt in her heart, she tried to fill it with Lee Seunggi who promised that he will try his best to make her happy. However, despite the effort Yoona and Seunggi put into their relationship, the two of them realizes that Yoona is never in love with Seunggi. Seunggi who do not want to burden Yoona with his feelings any longer decides to break it off with her.

“Please find the happiness you seek. Be happy, Yoona-ah. Find someone who will treasure you and reminds you that you should love yourself.” Seunggi’s words keep on playing in Yoona’s head until she finally realizes the person she’s in love with after all these years.

Ryeowook who never gives up on her, stays by her side, takes care of her, and always remind her to love herself and all the things he did for her. Yoona regretted her past action where she rejected him harshly. He still treats her nicely even after all the things she’s done to him. Ryeowook’s kindness which she took for granted.

 

"What have I done?”

“It is something you cannot take back, Im Yoona.”

Kyuhyun appears out of nowhere, standing beside her. Yoona continues to stare at the beautiful pair smiling happily not far from the place she’s standing.

“I should have realizes his feelings for me sooner. If I to realize my feelings for him sooner, I could have treated him better. I…”

“Let him go, Yoona-ah. He finally found the happiness he seeks.”

“Kyuhyun, I love him. I love Ryeowook-oppa…”

“It’s too late, Yoona-ah. He’s with someone else. She asked him out after the two of them MC-ed together for the show.”

“I know… It’s my fault… I should’ve listened to him better. I—”

“You cannot undo what you have done. He’s been suffering for so long. I love both of you, but Yoona. I beg you, please don’t take him away from his happiness. This is the first time after such a long time I’ve seen him smiling like this…”

“Kyuhyun-ah… I understand. I won’t do anything. Please keep this a secret. This is something I should face for doing all those things to him.”

Yoona smiles at Kyuhyun, she holds back her tears as she looks at the pair one last time before leaving. She ran towards her car and finally break into tears after she’s alone in her car.

“I love you, Kim Ryeowook. I love you so much it hurts. This pain I felt might be nothing compared to yours, Ryeowook-oppa. Be happy…”

The moment when Yoona realized Ryeowook’s pure feelings for her was the moment when she finally understand that she do not deserve him. She no longer has the rights to tell him about her feelings. That night, Yoona cries so hard and finally grasp the heart-breaking feelings Ryeowook felt for her.

Time heals everything. That is the right quote to describe Yoona’s situation with Ryeowook. Ryeowook parted ways with his girlfriend after a few years. Not long after that, Ryeowook announced his enlistment. Yoona finally got the chance to talk to him and resolve things out in between them. They no longer hold any hard feelings for each other except for the pure feelings of love in between them. The night before Ryeowook’s enlistment, he called Yoona on the phone.

 

Yoona: “Oppa, take care of yourself over there…”

Ryeowook: “I’ll be fine, don’t worry. Don’t overwork yourself.”

After being silent for a few minutes, Yoona decides to tell Ryeowook her honest feelings for him.

 

 

Yoona: “Oppa, I have something to tell you…”

 

Ryeowook: “Yoona… I think it’s better if you keep it to yourself first…”

 

Yoona: “Oppa…”

 

Ryeowook: “Take care of yourself. I sincerely hope you will always be well. Don’t cry alone anymore. Talk to someone. Please be happy, Yoona-ah.”

Yoona: “Oppa… Can I ask something from you?”

Ryeowook: “Okay…”

Yoona: “If there’s no else by your side after you are discharged, will you let me come and see you?”

Ryeowook: “If it’s meant to be that way, I will be the one coming to see you…”

Yoona: “Alright. Goodnight, oppa. Take care…”

The phone call ended shortly after Yoona bid goodbye. The two of them decides to leave everything to their fate. Yoona did not see anyone else after her breakup with Seunggi neither did Ryeowook. He did not go out with anyone else after his last relationship. He knows deep down, no matter what, he still loves Yoona.

 

 

“Yoona, will you marry me?”

The 34 years old Kim Ryeowook proposal towards the 31 years old Im Yoona is a bit blunt. They did not have any romantic dinner or unexpected event planned for that day. It was during the day Ryeowook got discharged from the military when he called her out come see him. Still wearing his soldier uniform which he worn during the discharge ceremony, Ryeowook asked her to marry him amidst the crowd of people waiting for his official statement after being discharged. Ryeowook who spotted her among the crowd of people called out her name and asked her the question she never thought he would ask.

Her answer was the most beautiful statement he will never forget.

“I thought you never ask, Ryeowook-oppa. Of course I will.” Yoona’s witty statement brought laughter to the people watching them that day. The news of them getting married caused an uproar not only in Korea but all around the world. It was unexpected as their relationship was never revealed to public since the two of them never gone out as boyfriend and girlfriend to begin with.

The two of them got married with the blessings of the people around them. Kyuhyun who was watching over them teases them for being so slow.

 

“Thank you for marrying me, oppa…”

Yoona hugs her husband from behind and leans her head on his shoulder. She does not know how to repay him because of the happiness she receives from him each day.

“I should be the one thanking you. Thank you for not rejecting me in public back then.” He pulls her hand and turn her around facing him. He gently plants a kiss on her forehead. Yoona may gain more weight compared to back then, but she looks the most beautiful to him right now.

“I truly regret the time when I—”

Ryeowook holds both Yoona’s hands in his and kisses it softly.

“Yoona… Let’s not talk about the past. If it did not happen, we would not be able to experience this kind of future. It is more than just a miracle that I’ve fallen in love with you for more than 14 years. I’ve never stopped loving you.”

Yoona stares at her husband lying down by her side. She is so lucky to have him by her side. She does not want to exchange this happiness with something else.

“Oppa. It might be too late for me to say this… I don’t care if it’s too late anymore… I love you, Ryeowook-oppa. I want to spend each day with you. I want to make you happy and smile. I want to be a good wife to you…”

Yoona moves closer to Ryeowook and kisses his lips lightly. She kisses his cheeks again before caressing his face.

“Let’s do our best from now on. Yoona-ah. Oh yea, Yoona-ah…”

“What is it, oppa?”

Ryeowook moves closer and kisses Yoona’s nose lightly while having a naughty smirk on his face.

“They have been asking for Little Yoona and Ryeowook. Mom, dad and our SM family and our friends… Well, we are married for more than six months already… So…”

Yoona laughs shortly when she understands what Ryeowook is trying to say. She suddenly remembers something and smiles at him.

“About that… I don’t think they have to worry…”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, you’re going to be a dad in five months. So, I don—”

“What?”

“I’m pregnant, oppa. You’re going to be an appa and I’m going to be a mother~” Yoona smiles as she shows him a picture she got from her doctor the other day.

“No wonder you gain weight~ Oh my goodness, I need to tell everyone!”

Ryeowook takes his phone and snaps the picture Yoona showed him just now. His hands move swiftly as he types something and put away his phone.

“It’s because the baby wants to eat! I cannot do anything about that.”

“From now on, if there’s anything you want to eat, I’ll cook for you.”

Ryeowook smiles happily and embraces Yoona. Ryeowook smiles wider when he heard his phone Instagram’s notification rang non-stop.

“I will always love you even if you put on weight, my wife~” Ryeowook smiles and kisses the top of Yoona’s head warmly. His hand moves towards her a little bulging tummy. He cannot believe himself because he used to think that was an effect of her gaining weight. It turns out to be another life forming inside her.

“By the way, Yoona.”

“Yeah?”

“I want at least five kids. If possible, thirteen?”

 

Author’s Note:

After rewriting this many times, I finally finish this within an hour and a half. It was quite a tough and challenging prompt for me, someone who never experience this kind of situation hahaha. But, I still enjoy myself writing this. Thank you to kimryeowookimyoona for requesting this beautiful story. I truly enjoy writing this from the bottom of my heart. Anyway, I will move on to the next story and I hope I can finish everything in time before I go back to my life as a student this March.

Oh yeah, lately I enjoyed watching Japanese Drama such as Kounodori. Please watch it!

Till then, My Danbo

P.S: If you want to request a story, please refer guidelines in chapter 60. Keep on the lookout at the comment section because I posted the form there. I would love writing Yoona with any Japanese or Korean idols or actors KE KE KE.