Infinite L

Our deer, Yoona

 

“I’m tired of this…”

A young man around the age of twenty let out his honest thoughts. He lean against the wall with his earphone plug in his ear – perfectly shutting himself from his surroundings. He close his eyes and let his back slide down against the wall. He sit down with his back leaning against the wall. He feels better because he know that place is considered as secluded. People rarely use that emergency staircase anyway. So, he think that will be his favourite place while his group is busy promoting their new song.

He continue to listen to the lyrics to the song ‘I Don’t Want to be an Idol’ sung by VIXX Ken and Leo without noticing another person’s presence nearby.

“I think I’m safe here…”

She mutters slowly as her eyes busy looking around. She’s tired of doing this every single time. She cannot possibly able to explain to her group members about her feelings and how she want to run away sometimes. They will never understand. They always say how she should be grateful for being able to be recognized and loved by many people. People have always envies her looks and how other people seem to be able to accept her the way she is. She know that kind of life is nice to other people—but not to her. It’s not like she want to be hated or anything. She just want a little bit of freedom. Something she wishes people can understand.

“It’s tough being an idol.” She sighs as she sits down on the staircase while trying to catch her breath. As her eyes scan around her surroundings, she notices a young man around her age. That young man seems to be absorbed to whatever song he is listening to. She gets up and moves closer, trying to get a closer look to the young man who did not seem to notice her presence. She feels like she know him very well.

 

“Infinite’s L?”

His eyes open wide at the sudden voice that he hears after the song ends. His eyes meet up with a pair of clear deer-like eyes. He feels like he has seen that eyes somewhere.

“L-sshi?”

He quickly recalls her identity as the SNSD’s deer, Im Yoona.

“Ah, am I interrupting you? I’m sorry, L-sshi…”

Myungsoo still feel confuse seeing Yoona at his newfound secret location. Yoona looks pretty worried for disturbing him from his personal time. Yoona feel guiltier when Myungsoo did not answer her because he keep on staring at her.

“I’m sorry, L-sshi… I have to hide for now. I don’t know where to go. I just—”

“Myungsoo is better.”

Myungsoo calmly spoke to Yoona after he regain his composure. He guess that she mean no harm to him. It is possible that she might need something similar like him.

‘Is she facing the same problem like me?’ He think for a moment before Yoona interrupt his thoughts again.

“Myungsoo?”

“That’s my real name. I’m Kim Myungsoo, by the way.” Myungsoo takes off his earphone and slightly bow his head to her as a sign of respect. She’s his senior in the industry anyway. He surely need to at least respect her for that reason.

“Ah, yeah—I read it somewhere, but I forgot. I’m Im Yoona…” Yoona smiles warmly and slightly nod her head at Myungsoo.

“Anyway, Yoona-sshi… Can I call you that?”

“Oh, sure you can… So, can I call you Myungsoo-sshi? L-sshi sounds awkward and distant” Yoona left out the last two words and look away from Myungsoo. She notices that the distance in between their face is not that far, so she decides to back away a little bit. She look away with the intention to hide her almost-blushing face, that is.

“Sure, I guess. What are you doing here?”

He tries not to stutter in front of her. He is sure that his words flow out smoothly out of his mouth so that she will not feel awkward with him. The two of them never get the chance to talk like this anyway. Both of them only said their greetings at most whenever they meet each groups respectively during promotions. Now, he is promoting for Infinite latest song, Bad while Yoona is promoting Girls’ Generation song for the summer comeback, Party.

“I just need umm—”

Yoona feels like lying to him just like how she did with her members or other people. But, for some reason, she also feel like telling him everything. She kind of need someone to talk to. Maybe, he can understand her better. Who knows? Perhaps it might be better to talk to some stranger she had just acquainted with just now. Well, they are both in the same industry, perhaps he will understand.

“You can sit beside me, I don’t mind.”

Myungsoo try to say it smoothly, but his voice sounds nervous nearing the end. He is not that good at talking with people he hardly know especially women. How he wish one of his drama characters can help him right now.

“Oh, okay.”

Yoona sit down beside Myungsoo with her back leaning against the wall. The two of them ends up not talking for a moment due to awkwardness.

“Uh—wanna hear some music?”

Myungsoo offer her one side of his earphone with a slight feeling of worry. Will she reject him because she feel his earphone is too dirty or anything?

“Sure…”

Myungsoo eyes widen in surprise at her laidback attitude. She’s no different from what she show to the public. He always thought she’s just acting. Maybe, he judge too early. He shakes off his thoughts away and slide his finger across his phone screen. He replays the song he listens to earlier, ‘I don’t want to be an idol’. Both of them let themselves be immerse in the song as Myungsoo put the song on repeat.

“Hey, have you ever thought of quitting and run away?”

Myungsoo feels a little shock at her unexpected question, but he do not let it shown on his face. He keep on a calm expression before he answer her.

“Of course—that’s a given.”

“I always have that feeling… I feel suffocated sometimes to the point I want to run away and leave everything behind.”

“Mhmm…”

He glances sideways at Yoona only to notice her eyes starts to get teary.

“I know this might be weird coming from me. I should not be telling you all this because we hardly know each other.”

“It’s okay… I don’t mind listening.”

Myungsoo words sound assuring to Yoona as she decide to continue letting everything out to him.

“This is what I’ve been dreaming to do… I know I should be grateful and learn to live with it because I’m the one who choose this life. It’s not like I truly want to run away either. I don’t know how to explain this—even if I know how to explain, I don’t think people will understand.”

Yoona suddenly feel loss at words. She do not know how to express what she want to say, she just let her tears flow.

“I understand… Well, isn’t it hard to keep on smiling when all you ever wanted was to cry out loud?”

Myungsoo look at Yoona and smile warmly. Yoona look at him with teary eyes. Myungsoo did not do what the male lead in the dramas do—wiping her tears away or anything. He just want Yoona to let it all out.

Myungsoo continues and look ahead, “I’m not good with expressing my real feelings, you know?”

“You are a good actor. How can that be?”

“You should know this too—being a good actor, does not mean the person will be good at expressing his or her true feelings in real life. I might know how to express my character’s feelings, but not mine. I’m not that good of an actor yet…” He trails off and sneak another glance at Yoona.

“I understand… How did you end up here?” Yoona slowly wipe her never-ending tears.

“I was thinking of finding a place where I can relax by myself—”

“I’m sorry, I should not have invade your personal time…” Yoona quickly apologizes after noticing her mistake.

“Hey, stop apologizing. Why don’t you just relax and be your true self around me?” Myungsoo suggests. He feels like Yoona is similar to himself. He feels like Yoona can understand how he feels right now. He understand what she want to say and so did Yoona.

“Umm—Myungsoo-sshi?”

Myungsoo look at Yoona who is smiling at him.

“What is it, Yoona-sshi?”

“Myungsoo-sshi…I—”

Before Yoona can say anything else, her phone vibrates and her phone light up. Yoona read her LINE message and sigh.

“I gotta go. It’s my group time to rehearse before performing.”

Yoona’s regretfully give back Myungsoo’s earphone. Both of them stand up facing one another.

“Oh, it’s okay. I think I have to go too after this.” Myungsoo smile and take off his side of earphone—he take Yoona’s side and keep his earphone in his jeans pocket.

“Umm---thank you for listening, Myungsoo-sshi… I hope you can keep this between us, only…” Yoona bow shyly and fidgets with her fingers.

“Sure. Umm—Yoona-sshi?” Myungsoo feels like patting her head right at that moment. But, he held himself back because he do not want to cause any misunderstandings.

“Yes?” Yoona look at Myungsoo with her big round deer-like eyes, surprising the latter.

“Oh, it’s nothing…”

“Oh— I guess I should leave now…” Yoona’s voice sounds disappointed as she turn away from Myungsoo.

“Wait…” Myungsoo grab Yoona’s right hand to stop her movement.

 

“You can always come here—if you ever need a place to release everything or a person to talk to…” He stutters a bit—his worries of her reply is killing him. They have spent like an hour together, it might not enough to convince Yoona of his sincerity.

“Can I?” Yoona’s face bright up as she smiles warmly at Myungsoo.

“—Yeah…”

“Okay! Let’s meet up here whenever we have time~ It’s nice talking to you, Myungsoo-sshi…”

“Keep on doing your best, Yoona-sshi… Don’t forget to smile!” Myungsoo’s warm feelings have been successfully been received by Yoona the moment he softly pat her head. She feels like crying, but she hold it in. She look at him with a bright smile.

“I will. Thank you, Myungsoo-sshi…” Yoona bows lightly and exit the door with Myungsoo staring at her. He pull his hand back and ruffles the back of his hair shyly.

“What am I doing? Why does this feel like a secret date?” He laughs off at his funny ideas.

 

“Oh, wait. I forgot to ask her number! Silly Myungsoo!” Myungsoo curse himself for being an idiot at a moment like this. He laughs at his own stupidity before he walk away from that place. He surely do not want to get dissed by his playful group members if he’s late.

“I can ask her later.”

A short(?) drable on MyungYoon. Hahaha!

I don’t know what’s gotten into me when I wrote this. I adore them back then.

I’ve always wanted to see them in a drama together. Well, I know Yoona is older by two years.

But, I don’t see their age difference anyway. Hahaha :P

Well, I just got this random idea at 3.30 am and I wrote it until I finish it.

I hope you will like it! I’ll update some more later on if I have more time.

Thank you for reading! Please leave comments filled with your thoughts of the story.

Till then,

MyDanbo 

p.s: I'll edit later. TOO SLEEPY. I hope I can see some comments when I wake up :D