EXO's Xiumin

Our deer, Yoona

 

(Can I) Call you my own and call you my lover?

Call you my own and only girl

Call you everything

Call you my baby

 

Listening to the song ‘Call you mine’ in Jooyoung version while smiling like an idiot surely scares off other people around him. His group members stare at him weirdly. It’s not like he cares about it or anything because he pays full attention to the song he’s listening to. Indulging himself in listening to the song, Xiumin sing along to the song without caring about his surroundings.

Chen who has been watching Xiumin behaviour feels like he know the reason behind his happiness. He is sure that he knows the person who makesXiumin smile all this time. He already had a hunch in this since the moment between their group oldest member and his sunbae just now. That shy smile— there’s something definitely going on around here.

“Hyung, why did you do that earlier?” Chen throws the question to Xiumin after he takes off his earphone. Xiumin who have no idea of what Chen is referring to, simply feign ignorance and keep his earphone in a special box.

“Are you ignoring me now?” Chen asks again when he receive no respond from Xiumin.

“Well, I don’t know what you are talking about” Xiumin answers calmly and continues humming to a sweet melody.

“You look so happy. Is it because of what happen earlier during the ending stage?” Chen tries to ask discreetly trying to lure Xiumin into answering him.

“—ending—end—ending—ending stage? What do you mean by ending stage?” Xiumin stutters at the beginning because he feels flustered hearing Chen’s question.

‘Is it that obvious?’ Xiumin looks away thinking about the incident earlier.

“It’s pretty obvious, hyung~ ” It’s like Chen can read Xiumin’s mind at that moment making Xiumin feel more nervous than before.

“—how? I didn’t—” Xiumin ends up looking speechless seeing Chen smirking at him.

“Hey Minseok, do you like her?” Henry who has been listening since the very beginning decides to step in and straightforwardly ask the question to Xiumin.

Xiumin who has been caught by the two observers feels like fleeing before they attack him with questions.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about~ I gotta go to the toilet~” Xiumin quickly stand up and flee from the hotel room they are staying.

“—but, there’s toilet in here too?” Henry question receives no respond when Xiumin has already left the two of them in the room.

 

“Well, it’s too obvious when you held Lay hyung back from going over and you even change my position with yours. I was supposed to be standing beside Yoona-noona and you change our position without a second thought, Minseok hyung~ You cannot hide the truth any longer~” Chen smile like an evil villain making Henry feel scared.

“Yah—what’s with you? Forget it, I’m leaving~ Call me if you want to again~”

“Is it that obvious?” Xiumin stares at his right hand—slowly, he smiles showing his cute teeth. He did not dislike it—holding her hand might be one of the greatest things in the world. Well, how can he let that kind of chance slip away? He hardly sees her these days—even though he see her around, it’s not like he have that sort of courage to walk up to her and talk normally like before.

“Her hand feels so soft.” Xiumin bites his lower lips shyly as he remembers the moment earlier.

“It’s Yoona…” Xiumin noticed Yoona’s presence as he turned to look at his right. He also noticed that if no one stand in between them, he will get the chance to stand beside her. However, when Siwon pull Lay to stand in between him and Xiumin, Xiumin know that he might not have that chance if he do nothing. He needs to do something to prevent anyone standing in between them. He also needs to make it look as natural as possible. Lay tried to walk passed Xiumin and in between him and Yoona—there’s no way he will let that happen. Xiumin immediately stops Lay movement and assured him to stand in between Xiumin and Siwon. However, when Chen came into the picture and naturally stand in the position he wanted to, Xiumin quickly reposition himself and move Chen to stand beside Lay.

He sneaks a glance at Yoona who seems pretty clueless about what’s happening. Xiumin slowly moves a bit closer to Yoona but feels worried when he saw Henry looking for a spot to squeeze in.

“Hyung, stand here.” Chen’s words to Henry felt so magical to Xiumin. That moment when Chen pulled Henry to stand by his side, Xiumin secretly whispered to himself, “Good job, Jongdae!”

As Henry squeeze in between Lay and Chen, Xiumin had to move closer to Yoona. Chen has no idea how thankful Xiumin felt at that moment.

Success!’ Xiumin silently celebrated that moment and wiped his sweat from his forehead as he turned to look at Yoona. Xiumin noticed that Yoona was looking at him. He smiled shyly at the blonde hair girl and tried his best to look ahead.

‘Relax, Minseok. You can do this. Please don’t sweat at this moment, dear hand.’ Xiumin encouraged himself as he hold Yoona’s left hand like a man.

Just like nothing happened, Xiumin’s right hand hold Yoona’s left hand while bowing to the audience for the ending stage.

“That was the best ending stage I’ve ever had.” Xiumin smiles happily as he jumps around the corridor without caring for his surroundings.

Minseok?” The very person Xiumin is thinking appeared right in front of him.

“—Yoona?—What are you doing here?” Xiumin asks nervously. He always finds it hard to speak as smoothly as Baekhyun.

“I’m bored, so I decide to walk around this hotel.” Yoona smiles at Minseok who seems pretty nervous.

“—did—Did you saw what I did earlier?” Xiumin recalls his idiotic moment just now. He’s jumping up and down like an idiot. ‘Did she saw that? Great, now she’s gonna think I’m so embarrassing.’ Xiumin looks at Yoona who seems pretty relax in her sleeping attire with just a t-shirt and long pants.

“You look so cute…” Xiumin unconsciously caresses Yoona’s cheeks with his right hand without noticing her shock expression. Yoona eyes widen because of Xiumin’s unexpected action that caught her off-guard.

“—Min…Minseok… Uhh—” Yoona stutters and blushes harder when Xiumin smiles at her innocently.

“Yes, Yoona?” With his hand still on her cheeks, Xiumin carefully moves his right hand and ruffles Yoona’s hair softly.

“What are you doing to me right now?” Yoona asks while trying to distant herself from Xiumin.

“I’m just being honest…. You’re just too cute… Yoona-ah~ Why are you soo cuteeeeeeeeee?” Xiumin squeals and Yoona somehow understand the reason behind Xiumin’s unexpected behaviour.

“Yah! Minseok! Are you drunk or something?” Yoona stand up straight and put both of her hands on her waist while glaring at Minseok, obviously pretending to be mad.

“Are you mad? You definitely look prettier.” Xiumin smiles as he stand up and stares at Yoona. Their not-much-of-difference in height scares Yoona a bit, she back away a little to leave space in between her and Xiumin.

“How much did you drink that made you this drunk, Minseok-ah?” Yoona pretends that she hear nothing from Xiumin just now.

Xiumin laughs and sigh for a moment, ‘Chen is right… If I never tell her anything, she will never know. Perhaps, I might be in love with her so much. What will she do if she know how much I love her?’

“I’m not drunk at all.” Xiumin replies shortly and somehow look serious right now.

“Then, are you just joking around? Yah~ It’s too funny~” Yoona tries to laugh it off to ease the tension in the air.

Xiumin stop smiling and look at Yoona with a serious look shown on his face.

“I’m not joking around or being drunk right now. Can’t I praise someone I love once in a while?” Xiumin voice filled with sadness for a moment. He leave out the word love only to be spoken in his mind. He is unsure of his feelings—he could not possibly in love with his best friend.

“Minseok, what did you say just now?”

“I—Honestly, I—Nevermind, it’s nothing much.” Xiumin tries his best to smile. He decides not to confess or anything. His decision might ruin their years of friendship and make things awkward. He did not want that. He never want to lose her even as friends.

“Minseok?”

Hearing her calling his name made him to think again. ‘Am I willing to see her in someone else’s arms again?’

Xiumin decides not to walk away this time. His mind might be in a state of confusion, but his heart never lies. His feelings for her that he harboured for years is not a lie. He truly loves her as a man loving a woman. He truly cares for her more than just a friend caring for one another. Just by holding her hand made his heart fluttered more than he could imagine.

He look back at Yoona—straight in the eyes making Yoona wonder of the words he’s going to say. Xiumin on the other hand is busy collecting his thoughts. He is not a smooth speaker like his group members. He’s not someone who can easily expresses his true feelings.

“Am I willing to see you with someone else again? Do I l—” Xiumin accidentally let out his real thoughts. He starts to panic more when he notices her expression changes.

‘What have I done?’  He blame himself for not preparing enough during a situation like this. He feels like blaming himself for not asking Baekhyun to teach him regarding this kind of situation. He should have paid Baekhyun enough or ask his help in dealing with—

“Are you practicing lines from drama? Or—”

Xiumin sighs again—He knew it. She will probably brushes it off as some kind of lines from drama.

“Forget it. Thanks for letting me to hold your hand and playing around with me on stage. See you around, Yoona…” Xiumin smiles warmly, bows slightly at her before leaving her alone in the corridor in the hotel. He walk back to his room with regret of not being able to honestly express his true feelings.

“I’m still not good enough. I should have told everything to her… Do I love you that much, Yoona ah?” Xiumin wrap himself with the blanket without noticing Chen’s absence from the room.

 

“—or are you being serious, Minseok? I truly am happy when you hold my hand earlier…” Yoona

The next day, the two of them interact like nothing happen last night. They give it their all for the rest of the days of the SMTOWN concert. They even play around with each other by challenging each other whether they can bow lower than one another. It’s interesting to see how professional they can be. Chen and Henry who notices the slight changes in between them starts to plan out something for them. In their eyes, both Yoona and Xiumin have something to ask one another, but they cannot gather the courage and the right time to ask.

 

After the concert ends, the SMTOWN idols and staff return together to Korea. Coincidentally or not, Yoona and Xiumin are in the same flight back to Korea. Whether fate play its part well or not, Yoona and Xiumin are somehow ‘destined’ to sit beside each other.

“I’m sorry, the other seats are taken. Do you mind if I sit here, Mr—?”

Xiumin uncover his sleeping mask, feels surprised the moment he sees Yoona sitting beside him.

“Uh—I don’t mind, Yoona.”

He answers shortly, much to her surprise because he finally spoken to her after their incident the other day.

Silence engulf the two after the two of them failed to strike a conversation with each other. Xiumin sneak a glance at Yoona and notices that she’s not comfortable sitting there because of people walking around beside her.

“Change places with me. You will love it here, by the window.” Xiumin offer to Yoona politely, in which Yoona accept the offer without thinking twice.

“Thank you, Minseok-ah. I hope I didn’t bother you. I—“ Yoona want to continue, but the flight starts to get shaky the moment it take off the ground.

“It will be okay.” Xiumin assures Yoona who seems rather nervous by gently holding her hand. He knows how nervous she can be during time like this. He knows that Yoona is afraid of this kind of thing sometimes because he have been looking at her after all this years.

“I’m okay, Minseok. Thank you.” Yoona let out a relieved sigh and smile at Xiumin. Xiumin on the other hand decides to slowly let go of her hand after he notices she’s feeling better.

“Don’t…” Yoona grab Xiumin’s hand and interlace their fingers together. Xiumin looks at their entwined hands and stares at her in surprise.

“Why?” He asks shortly.

“I just like it when you hold my hand. It makes me nervous and happy at the same time. I love it.”

Xiumin can feel blood rushing up to his cheeks as it shows a slight tint of red.

“Do you mean it? I—Honestly, I love it too…” Xiumin smiles shyly and laughs along with Yoona.

“Minseok ah… Will you stay by my side, just like this?” Yoona gently rests her head on Xiumin’s shoulder. She feels the comfort she longed for after all this years.

“I will, if you insists.” Xiumin also do the same. He rests his head on top of Yoona’s head without noticing a few pair of eyes staring at the two of them.

 

“Hey, how did this happen? How come I didn’t know anything?”

Chen roll his eyes at his group leader, Suho. Henry tries to hold back his laughter.

“Me too, it seems Yoona is not telling me everything.” Taeyeon added, noticing the sweet pink aura around Xiumin and Yoona.

“I saw everything! How can you missed out that shy smile these two shared during the ending bow?” Ryeowook shakes his head at Taeyeon and Suho denseness.

“I think our group members need to meet.” Taeyeon and Suho exchange glances at each other after they look at Yoona and Xiumin.

“I agree, noona. We need to meet, but let’s exclude the two of them. Let’s leave them alone for now.” Suho nodded and drag Chen back to his seat.

 

Meanwhile, Xiumin suddenly remembers something.

“Yoona, can I ask something?” Xiumin stares at Yoona nervously.

“Sure, go ahead and ask.”

“Umm—Are your unnies and maknae scary?’

Yoona notices his intention and smiles warmly, “Nope, but they might be scary towards you especially maknae. She’s quite protective of me…” Yoona laughs remembering Seohyun’s warning whenever she brought up topic concerning dating.

“I guess I have to try harder to get their permission.”

“Huh? Permission for what?”

Xiumin looks at Yoona and smiles shyly.

“Umm… I need their permission to make you mine. Can I call you mine, Yoona?”

Yoona laughs and kisses Xiumin’s cheek. She smiles warmly at Xiumin.

“Let’s consider that permission granted.”

Author’s Note:

Finally! I’ve finished this one-shot!

I’m inspired by Oilybutt’s video of YoonSeok 27# moment in SMTOWN Osaka, I think.

The two of them look so adorable smiling shyly when they held hands.I feel like there’s something missing, but I don’t know.

I hope the readers will still give lots of love to this one shot!

Anyway, please leave a comments of your thoughts for this one-shot!

Till then, MyDanbo ^^

P.S: I'll edit later >w<