[R] BigBang's TOP

Our deer, Yoona

  

The True Meaning of Love

requested by katym18104 

Every people in the world will experience a different kind of love story in their life. Some people experience the kind of stories which will end up with happy ending and marriage with an additional package including kids. Some people, on the other hand, might have their relationship terminated before anything else could happen. Some people might not even get the chance to move up in their relationship despite the fact that they are two human beings in love with one another.

The kind of love story which might not be as fluffy as everyone else’s is the story of Choi Seunghyun and Im Yoona. The two of them come from different places, different companies and also a different group of friends. It’s easier to say that these two are totally opposite from one another. It is weird enough for the two to even talk to each other or even go further than just acquaintances in the industry.

Who knew that the two of them will be reunited from an accidental encounter at a party?

 

“Why am I here again?”

Yoona glares at Hyoyeon who is busy enjoying the party of the night.

“Well, the others are busy—there’s only you and Joohyun left… So, you’re the best choice~ Come, Yoong~ Stop being so workaholic.”

“You do know that I got tricked into coming here, right?” Yoona sighs, recalling the white lie Hyoyeon told her earlier kind of pissed her off. She stares at Hyoyeon again and smiles. It’s not like she cannot enjoy her life anyway. Plus, it’s great to have fun with Hyoyeon once a while.

“Well, I better enjoy this~” Yoona joins Hyoyeon dancing along with the music. As Yoona’s body sway along, feeling the music, a pair of eyes follows her every move, enticed by her smooth and y movement. His stares continue to watch her every movement until he notices that Yoona retreats to the bartender. He quickly walks over to Yoona after noticing she ordered a drink. He swiftly sits down beside her with his eyes not leaving her.

“Fancy meeting you here, Yoona?”

Yoona quickly turns around, her eyes ended up meeting the man she’s not supposed to talk to. Choi Seunghyun or even more known as Bigbang’s TOP, her senior in the industry which is also the biggest rival slash enemies with her company.

“—not answering me. That’s interesting.”

“I don’t think YOU should be talking to me.”

Yoona ignores TOP and reaches for the glass of drink that the bartender put in front of her earlier.

“No honorifics and fierce. This is not the Im Yoona that people talk about.” TOP smirks, realising Yoona dropped honorifics since the beginning.

“We’re not at work. Now, go somewhere else. I’m not talking to you.”

“Nope, you’re definitely talking to me.” TOP takes away Yoona’s drink from her hand and her biker’s jacket away from her. He motions Yoona to follow him.

“What’s wrong with you?”

Yoona not wanting to lose the precious biker’s jacket (it’s a gift from her fans), quickly follow TOP and enters a room which seems to be a private place at the club.

“Sit down. Now, let’s talk.”

Yoona rolls her eyes, trying to take away her jacket from TOP which only ended up in failure. TOP smirks and motion her to sit down. Yoona accepts her defeat and sits down facing TOP.

“What do you want from me?”

“A simple conversation.”

“—and why is that?”

“Nothing much except curiosity and interest.”

“What do you mean by that?” Yoona stares at TOP, feeling interested with his intention of doing this. They are none other than enemies. He should not have any reason for doing this.

“You simply caught my interest. That’s all.”

Yoona leans back and crosses her legs while gently putting down the glass of drink.

“What is it that you really want, Choi Seunghyun?”

Yoona decides to break off from playing games and throw off that question to TOP. She tries to suppress her anger and the thing she kept from him.

“If I say it, will you give it to me, Im Yoona?”

TOP continues to look at Yoona. He has never seen her this close—he admits what people said about her—she is indeed a beautiful woman. Perhaps, a beauty that is too precious to let go.

“Depends on what you’re asking from me.”

“Go out with me, Yoona.”

“This is not a joke. You should know what kind of relationship our ‘families’ have with one another.”

Yoona’s tone of voice sounds serious. TOP only smiles in return. He understands the meaning behind Yoona’s statement just now. Their families which Yoona is referring to are their own companies, the YG Entertainment, and SM Entertainment. The two companies are rivals and sworn enemies for many years. Moreover, no matter what kind of façade they managed to pull off in front of their fans, SM and YG artists and idols hated each other down to the core. TOP also knows the fact that Bigbang and SNSD truly despises one another especially after the last dispute that occurred between the two companies.

“I know what you are talking about. But, I don’t care about that.”

“Why are you behaving this way?”

Yoona stares straight into TOP charismatic pair of eyes, looking for the truth. She hopes that she can only find his intention to play around, but his eyes—it looks like TOP is serious about his intention of asking her out.

“I don’t need a reason to fall in love with you.”

Yoona’s eyes widen in the surprise of hearing that kind of statement coming out from TOP’s thin lips. Staring into his eyes, Yoona finds herself feeling the sincerity that he is trying to convey to her.

“What do you mean?”

“I meant what I’ve said earlier. I love you, Im Yoona. I don’t care about our company hatred for each other. Nothing will ever stop this feeling I’ve harboured for you.”

“This is a serious matter. You should know the consequences if we were to be in a relationship.” Yoona bites her lower lips, she quivers in fear of the things that might come for them if they were to be in a relationship. It will not end on a good note.

“Even though I know what will happen, I still fall in love with you. Yoona, I can feel that you feel the same way for me.”

TOP gently caresses Yoona’s cheeks full of love. He wants this more than anything, his feelings that he kept hidden for so many years which he finds it unbearable to hold any longer. He finally told her the true and sincere feelings that he has on her.

“Stop making me feel confused. This is not supposed to happen.”

Yoona stands up and walks towards the door, wanting to leave TOP and pretend like nothing ever happen between them. However, TOP pulls her from behind. He carefully enveloped her from behind. He gently places his chin on her thin shoulder. TOP hugs Yoona from the back.

“Yoona, I love you and nothing can change that. If you are afraid of other people, I can tolerate of being in a secret relationship with you. I don’t mind whatever it is as long as I can be by your side. Yoona…”

“I… I love you too…. What took you so long, bingu?” Yoona finally breaks away from her perfect mask she put on earlier. She can no longer lie to herself. She’s fallen to Choi Seunghyun, her ultimate enemy.

“It does not matter how long I took to say this to you. Finally, I can hear those three words that you said to me. Yoona, it must have been hard on you…”

“What will happen if they ever find out about this… about us?”

“I’ll do whatever it takes to protect you… Will you stay by my side as my girlfriend, Im Yoona?”

“I thought you never ask. I will… Let’s protect each other…”

Yoona turns around and lets herself be embraced by TOP. She cries on his chest, letting out all the things she kept hidden inside the Pandora box. TOP, the man who opened the Pandora box, the man she’s in love with after so many years finally belongs to her.

The relationship between TOP and Yoona is way different than other people. They do not go out on dates, they hardly see each other or even do things like other couples do. There are times when both of them manages to see each other, but it was so short that the two of them hardly had time for each other. Nevertheless, they were grateful for it and still try their best to protect their relationship.

 

Sometimes, they try to heal the hatred that their respective group had for each other. However, it will always end up as a failure. Big Bang and SNSD hated each other to the core. There’s not even a single member that like each other except for TOP and Yoona.

However, TOP feels like he do not want to hide anything from his group members, decides to face them and tell them everything. He call all of his group members out of their rooms and stand right in front of them.

“I have something to tell you guys.” TOP finally said after he tries so hard to gather some courage.

“What? Are you leaving the group?” Daesung jokes, trying to ease the tension. He earns a glare from both Taeyang and GD.

“That’s not something you can joke about, Daesung,” GD warns as he urges TOP to continue.

“I hope the thing that I’m telling you will not affect our relationship with each other.” TOP hold both of his hands tightly.

“Wait, are you really leaving us?” This time, it is Taeyang’s turn to speak up. He feels worried if what he suspects will come true. Lately, TOP behave differently than usual. He will go out of their house whenever they are free for the day. Sometimes, TOP is unreachable whenever they got their day off.

“No. It’s not that. I… am in a relationship with Yoona.” TOP finally confess about the truth. He no longer wants to hide it from them.

“Kim Yuna the ice skater?” Seungri asks, half-jokingly.

“Nope… She is…”

“Don’t you dare say that it’s Yoona from SNSD!” GD tone of voice raises a bit higher, but he lowers it down, realising that he is speaking to TOP.

“What will you do if I said that it is Yoona from SNSD?”

GD stands up, glaring at TOP. Seungri stands up and pulls GD to sit down. Taeyang tries to calm GD’s anger and asks TOP.

“We can accept anyone else but not anyone from SM. You should know that.” (Taeyang)

“How—how—many years? How many years were you in a relationship with her?”

“—five years… Guys… I love her so much. There’s no one else I can turn to other than you guys…”

“Whatever it is—I will not accept this… How can you fall in love with our sworn enemies? Don’t you know what kind of people they are?” Daesung who usually jokes around no longer has a smile on his face. He looks angry more than happy from knowing the truth.

“Can’t you just accept my relationship with her? I love Yoona so much… Don’t you want to see me happy?” TOP pleas as he stares at them with tears waiting to come out any moment.

“If it’s another girl, we will congratulate you. If it’s someone from SM, there’s no way we can congratulate and approve this…” GD’s facial expression turn serious.

“I love you a lot, Seunghyun hyung. But, there’s no way I can approve this. It’s either you choose to make her happy and turn your back against us or break off with her and stay with us…” Seungri’s serious facial expression breaks TOP’s heart.

“There’s no way I can leave our group. I love you guys a lot. But, I love her too. Can’t you accept it and allow me to be happy?”

“The choice is yours. Im Yoona or us? It’s up to you…” GD gets up and walks away along with the others, leaving TOP alone.

“Who knows the pain of loving someone can be this hurtful?

He punches the glass coffee table while tears roll down his cheeks. TOP sit down leaning against the wall, letting the blood flow freely out of his hand.

“Is loving someone a bad thing? Yoona…”

“Oppa… Are you okay?”

TOP stares at the fragile women in front of him. Yoona looks tired, but she still comes despite her schedule to their secret place.

“Yoona… What have I done?”

Yoona understands TOP’s words the best at that time.

“It must’ve been hard on you…”

Yoona pulls TOP closer and hugs him. The two of them stays like that for a moment, before they break apart without any word. TOP gently Yoona’s hair and kisses her forehead. He loves her too much. She also feels the same way. But, why is it so hard for them to be together?

“Always remember, I love you…” The words they said to each other every single time before parting ways. TOP hugs Yoona again for a moment before leaving the place separately. He knows how hard it is for her, but there’s nothing much he can do when he is facing the same thing. His group members are now treating him like he was invisible. How can it be this hard?

 

TOP hopes that Yoona will still have a good relationship with her sisters. Unfortunately, that night is not a lucky night for the two of them. The two of them were photographed by the paparazzi. The news of them spotted together was reported in every newspapers, blogs, television and other social media and mass media site. Both YG and SM were furious about this. SM and YG manage to cover it up by denying it. However, their group members felt betrayed especially SNSD who only knew from the news. They decide to ignore Yoona and give her the cold treatment behind the cameras. Both companies refused to comment on the article that day. Yoona was called by Lee Soo Man and got a fairly bad warning from him.

Time passes by, but people still do not give up on uncovering the truth about TOPYOON. Dispatch even threatens to release the intimate picture which clearly shows prove of Yoona and TOP dating to YG and SM.

“Break it off immediately.”

The words every single person in their company told to the two of them. Nothing hurts more than the words coming out of other people’s mouth.

After some time, Yoona and TOP finally decide to see each other after giving some thoughts regarding the incident.

“Hey…”

His low tone of voice sounds sad to her. TOP smiles at Yoona, trying to ease her worries only to make her worry even more after seeing him. He looks tired and restless, but his eyes—the eyes full of love are still looking at her with the same feelings till today.

“Hello, oppa…”

Yoona walks closer and smiles at TOP.

“Yoona-ah… You still look pretty…” TOP tries to break off the tension and jokes around. He notices her eyes—that puffy eyes. She must have cried all night long again. This is all because of him.

“Oppa.. I…”

“Yoona ah… I love you… Do you know that? I love you more than anything…” TOP her hair warmly, he misses every part of her especially her smile. Her cheerful smile that she usually show openly to other people. The sincere smile full of happiness starts to disappear slowly from her face lately. He notices it whenever he watches the show Yoona appeared on.

“There’s no reason for me not to know… Oppa… I have something to say…”

“Hush… Don’t cry… I will listen to everything you say…”

Yoona embraces TOP tightly when TOP tries to wipe away her tears.

“Oppa… I don’t know how else to say this. I love you even if I tell myself not to at first. I fall for you every time even if we are supposed to hate each other. Your silly side, serious side, crybaby side, charismatic side, tough side, every single side of you which perfectly makes you Choi Seunghyun… I love every side you’ve shown to me. I love you a lot, oppa… But, there’s no way I can pretend not to know your sufferings and choose to ignore everything…”

Yoona cries harder when TOP kisses the top of her head.

“Yoona… I… I’m sorry for dragging you into this… I knew this will happen, but I did not know that the effect on you will be this bad. Yoona… I’m so sorry… I apologize for making you cry… because of me… you’ve suffered a lot. Yoona ah… I’m sorry…”

“Oppa… Stop apologizing… It’s not your fault…”

“Yoona-ah… I love you a lot, you do know that, right? I love every single thing about you. I love how you always care about me, the way you treat other people, the way you smile even though things get hard on you. I love everything about you… But, Yoona… You should know that—”

Yoona kisses TOP lips, savouring the moment. She breaks away from the kiss and hug, leans in and planted another kiss on his cheek.

“Oppa… Should we break up? Let’s end this…” Tears b in her eyes, Yoona stares at TOP who understands her intention.

“Yoona… I’m sorry….”

“Oppa… If it is meant to be that our love will only hurt other people, let’s stop this…” Yoona holds TOP hands and kisses it gently before letting it go.

“If that’s the best for us… Let’s break up. I can’t afford to see you crying anymore…” TOP tries his best to hold back his tears.

“I don’t mind crying because you always make me smile and feel happy. Thank you for everything, Choi Seunghyun. Please be happy. I hope one day you can find someone suitable for you. Someone who fits you best…” Yoona smiles while suppressing her tears again. She wipes her own tears after assuring TOP that he don’t have to do it anymore.

‘There’s no else but you.’ The thoughts that he kept inside his mind without letting her know.

“You too… I hope you’ll find the happiness you seek after all these years… Please be happy, Im Yoona and thank you for everything… I…”

TOP pulls Yoona closer and embraces her shortly before kissing her forehead.

‘You’re my happiness. I love you, Choi Seunghyun… Now and forever…’ Yoona can only smile at TOP before leaving him there. The moment Yoona’s silhouette disappears from his sight, TOP burst into tears and keep on asking himself to stay strong. On the other hand, Yoona ran towards her car and cries hard the moment she got inside her car.

“Why does it hurt so bad? The pain you have inflicted on other people hurts more than the pain you’ve inflicted upon yourself. Nothing beats the guilt you’ve had for doing it.”

The two innocent human beings falling in love with each other should end up together. However, not all love stories end on a flowery road. They love each other, but perhaps, love alone is not enough to ensure a good ending.

Author’s Note:

Hello there! MyDanbo here!

First of all, I want to apologise for the lateness in completing this request. I ran out of ideas because I am not good with sad genres, but I love writing them.

Second, I am back on my degree, so I will be busier. But, that does not mean I will stop writing. I’ll update again, so please wait for it patiently >w<

Anyway, thank you to Katym18104 for requesting this kind of story. I truly enjoy writing this sort of prompt. It is pretty challenging, but I’m glad I managed to finish it. I sincerely hope you love it and please leave a long comment on your thoughts for this request.

Thank you for everything and I apologise for any inconveniences. Don’t forget to leave comments and upvote! Subscribe if you like the story <3

P.S: Please request other pairings than TOPYOON. Each pairing will only accept up to three requests for stories. Thank you. Refer to chap 60 for more info.

Till then, MYDANBO <3