[R] BTS Jungkook

Our deer, Yoona

Distance makes the heart grows fonder

requested by AsdfghjklPink_Panda 

“I am a fan of IU-sshi.”

“I like IU-sunbaenim…”

Every single time he was asked about his favourite female idol, he will definitely give the same answer. He knows that lying is not a good thing. But, nothing good will come out of being honest in this industry. It will be good if he can hide the truth.

He sits down in front of his laptop, typing his password which is the name of the girl he liked have always like since long ago. He stares at his wallpaper without noticing one of his group members already entered his room.

“Jungkook ah, what are you up to?”

Jungkook quickly closes his laptop and lie down on his bed. He scrolls on his phone screen while staring at Taehyung.

“Nothing much. Just checking up some stuff.”

Taehyung sits down on Jungkook’s fluffy bed and notices a bear called Rilakkuma. He smiles and holds the bear while looking at Jungkook.

“Hey, until when are you going to pretend?”

Jungkook feels weird with Taehyung question.

“What do you mean by pretend? Did I do something wrong?”

Taehyung laughs at Jungkook innocent stares he gives him just now. This kid. Really clueless.

“Why do you say you like someone else when the one you like is the girl in your laptop’s wallpaper?”

Taehyung laughs again when he notices Jungkook’s dumbfounded expression. He put down the bear back to his place and pat Jungkook back.

“You should be honest with yourself. All the best Jungkook-ah”

Taehyung says goodnight and leaves Jungkook’s room.

Jungkook diverts his attention back to the wallpaper on his laptop screen. He smiles sadly while looking at the wallpaper.

“Is it wrong for me not to admit that I like you, Yoona-sunbaenim?”

 

“You are the golden maknae Jungkook from BTS, right?”

Jungkook stares at the goddess-like figure standing in front of him with her hand reaching for a handshake from him. He could not believe this situation will ever happen to him. He thought his manager was joking when he was told that he was going to have a photo shoot with a famous female idol. He did not put his hope too high since he knows that she is usually busy with her activities in China nowadays. Who knew that the girl his manager was talking about is SNSD’s Im Yoona?

He notices that he is not showing a good manner, so Jungkook carefully accepts her handshake after his manager nudges his side.

“Ah, yes… I am Jungkook from BTS. Nice to meet you, Yoona-sunbaenim.”

Yoona flashes a sincere smile to Jungkook who feels like he’s a hundred feet floating in the sky seeing her smile.

“Can I call you Jungkook? I want us to be comfortable. If you don’t mind—”

Jungkook cut Yoona off, not wanting her to drop her idea just now.

“It’s okay, Yoona-noona. Can I call you that?” Jungkook smiles and rubs the back of his head out of nervousness while waiting for Yoona’s answer.

Yoona pat Jungkook’s back, she can sense his nervousness.

“I know that you are not familiar with me, but, I hope we can get along well,” Yoona smiles and pat Jungkook’s head softly before leaving to change her clothes.

“This is bad… She’s going to be the reason for my heart attack someday.” Jungkook hand move over to his chest area. He tries to calm his heart is beating rapidly due to Yoona’s action earlier.

He thought he can handle this professionally. He knows how hard it was for him to get over his shyness with women. This is his chance to get over it, so he decided to do the photoshoot. Who knows that his partner will be the women he feels so nervous to be around?

The concept for the shoot also requires him to be intimate with her. Intimate as in doing some skinship with her. How can he do that?

As Jungkook busy with his own thoughts, Yoona has already finished doing make-up and changed her clothes. She wears a sleeveless flower lace dress in pastel pink and a simple makeup.

“Are you okay?”

Yoona’s voice awakens Jugnkook from his deep thoughts. He could not believe his eyes right now. How lucky he feels right now seeing her standing in front of him? No one knows how he truly feels at this moment.

“Wow…” He gives an honest reaction seeing her standing just a few distance away.

“What was that?” Yoona teases him making Jungkook feel embarrassed.

“Umm… You look pretty, noona…”

“Thank you! I think we should go now. The photographer oppa called us earlier.”

Yoona carefully pulled Jungkook’s hand and lead him to the set. Jungkook covers his mouth for a moment before showing a professional look when he notices the people on the set.

The whole day Jungkook ‘s heart flutters countless time. He smiles genuinely throughout the photoshoot. He feels thankful that Yoona always tries her best to make him feel comfortable throughout the shoot. The two of them practically did lots of things together. The staff feels like their heart flutter seeing Yoona and Jungkook during the shoot. Both of them have to hold hands, gaze into each other’s eyes and pretty much do what a couple usually do. Jungkook might be the reason why the two of them gives off innocent kind of love vibe. His red cheeks and shy laughter make the staff unable to stop teasing them. As the photo shoot reaches the end, Jungkook approaches Yoona in her waiting room. He looks around and notices that she is all alone and that makes him feel relieved.

“Noona…”

Yoona turns around and smiles when she sees Jungkook. She walks over to him but ended up tripping over the stuff laying around in the room. Jungkook manages to catch him only for her to trip again and causes both of them to fall on the ground.

“Oh… I’m so sorry… I’m a bit clumsy…” Yoona quickly apologises after realising the situation they are in right now. If not for Jungkook, she might have hit her head. Yoona who never blush throughout the shoot today suddenly blushes hard when she notices how close Jungkook’s face is right now. Jungkook moves back gently and helps Yoona to stand up. Silent befall on the two of them before Jungkook erupts in laughter.

“Noona… I didn’t know you can be so clumsy.” He laughs as Yoona pouts at him for laughing.

“Hey, you should not laugh at your noona… So, what is it?”

Yoona tries to change the topic and Jungkook ends up smiling seeing the embarrassed look on her face.

“Noona., why are you changing the topic?” He smirks feeling amuse seeing her.

“Stop it~ So, what do you need from me?”

This time, it’s Jungkook’s turn to feel nervous. However, he tries his best to maintain his calm facial expression.

“Noona, I hope you don’t mind me asking this. Can I have your number?”

Yoona feels like teasing Jungkook, so she asks him. “Why should I give you my number?”

Jungkook looks frantic as he thinks, ‘How can I tell her that I want her number for personal use? No, she’s not going to like it. I need to make sure it will go on smoothly.’

He takes a short breath and smiles professionally at her.

“I don’t know many people in the industry besides the members of my group. I still have a lot to learn and I think that you can help me out a lot. Am I asking too much?” Jungkook looks at Yoona sincerely. Yoona smiles in return and takes out her phone.

“Tell me your phone number and I will tell you mine.”

Jungkook’s face beams up with a smile and take out his phone and hand over to Yoona. The two of them exchange contact.

“If there’s anything, don’t hesitate to contact me. I’ll be going now, Kookie…” Yoona smiles and Jungkook help to open the door for her.

“I will, noona. I hope you won’t feel burden with me.” He bows politely at Yoona and her manager.

“Don’t worry, I won’t. Take care, Kookie-ah. Delete what happen earlier from your memory.” Yoona playfully glares at Jungkook.

“Don’t worry, It will stay in my memories for sure. I will not tell anyone.” Jungkook smiles to assure her. Yoona laughs and bows at him before leaving with her manager.

Jungkook stares at her figure until she disappears from his sight.

“Who knew she can be so attractive and funny? So cute,” He smiles to himself and leaves to find his manager.

That day will be marked as the day the two of them starts to feel interested with one another.

//Hello noona… I am Jungkook…//

Jungkook stares at the text he typed a few seconds ago and sighs in frustration.

“This look so normal and boring.”

He erases all the written text and stares at the Kakao application for a long time.

“Maybe she will reply if it’s like this.”

//Noona, did you fall again today?//

Jungkook stares at the message for a moment and sighs again. He did not notice that he accidentally send the message over.

“Uh-huh, what if she’s mad?”

He stares at his phone as he waits for her response.

“She did not read it yet. Is she busy? Oh, no….” He feels so stupid right now for not thinking through before sending anything. He rolls around on his bed and stares at the phone screen. Minutes passes by and Yoona still has not read the message.

“Ah, whatever. I should not hope much. She might have forgotten all about me…” He frowns and decides to take a bath and go to sleep. Just the moment he is about to step inside the bathroom, he hears his phone rings KaTalk and he quickly jumps on his bed. He grabs his phone and stares at the phone screen.

“SHE REPLIED! OH MY GOODNESS!”

He screams so happily and smiles alone. He feels glad that he is alone in the hotel room so that he do not have to worry about his group members seeing him.

// Hey, I’m not that clumsy! What are you doing? //

Jungkook smiles and continues to type a reply to her. Just as he is about to send the message, he realises something Jin and J-Hope told him the other day.

“Never ever reply fast after you received a message, wait for a moment before replying.” Jin gives a golden advice and J-Hope added on.

“Or else she will think you’ve been waiting for her. Mildang, remember?”

Jungkook rubs his chin and thinks for a moment.

“Maybe I should reply after I took a bath, that way we can continue talking. But, what if she already give up on me and went to sleep?”

He shakes his head and decides to take a bath first. He was thinking about the text the whole time he is in the bathroom. The moment he finishes taking a bath, he quickly dries himself up and wears comfortable clothes. He grabs his phone as he sits on his bed.

//We’ll see about that, noona. Me? I’m just drying my hair. You?//

The time waiting for someone to reply the text can be so amazingly painful and makes a person nervous. Jungkook feels worried if Yoona has already gone to sleep, but he cannot help himself from staring at the conversation.

Moments later, his face brighten up when he notices she replied again.

//You must dry it well. I just finished my schedule for the day. I’m heading back now.//

Jungkook smiles and continues to reply her without caring about the advice he follows earlier. The two of them continues to talk to each other until Yoona said that the two of them need to sleep to be ready for the schedule next day.

Contacting each other through the Kakaotalk application has been a habit for the two of them. The feelings they had for each other grows even more as their text lessen due to being busy with each other schedules.

Distance makes the heart grow fonder.

This is a sentence people always say when two people start to miss each other even more when they hardly see each other. The feeling of missing someone can either be so heartbreaking and makes you feel warm inside. It’s painful to miss someone and yet you cannot help but miss that person. The time passes by when you misses him or her will only makes your love grows stronger.

Unable to hold herself back from this unbearable feeling of missing someone, Yoona decides to contact Jungkook again after a long time.

She regrets her action back then when Jungkook somehow hinted that he wanted something more than just friends.

Her mind wanders back to that day as her fingers continue to type on her phone screen.

-Flashback-

//Yoona-noona, why did you break up with Seunggi-hyung?//

Yoona knew this question will come from him. She does not feel uncomfortable at all. For some reason, she feels so comfortable talking and sharing things with Jungkook despite their . She feels like he understands her.

//It’s because of me… I am incapable of giving him the love he deserves to get. I don’t mind being able to see each other. In fact, I don’t really miss him that much when we were apart. I think I don’t love him as much as he loves me. That’s why we break up.//

//Noona, do you think you can fall in love again?//

Yoona smiles without noticing Jungkook’s hidden motive behind his question.

//I’m not sure. But, it’s not impossible.//

//What did you of someone like me?//

Yoona’s eyes widen reading the reply from Jungkook. She does not know how to respond to this. But, thinking that there might not be any meaning behind his words, she replies his message without thinking much about it.

//You’re a kind person. You listen well to other people. You also know how to deal with people even though they are different from you. You work hard and I’m sure you’ll grow into an amazing guy.//

Yoona smiles in satisfaction after replying him. She brushes away the thoughts that he might be referring to something else.

//If I manage to become an amazing guy, will you fall in love with me?//

Yoona could feel heat rushes up to her face, making her face redder than ever. She covers due to surprise seeing his honest and straightforward-self shown clearly through his text. However, reality hit her hard and she realises that she’s way older than him. 7 years—she keeps saying it in her mind as she replies to him.

//I’m sure any women will fall for you. I hope you’ll find someone amazing.//

She feels nervous and worried that she might have broken his heart. However, his next reply makes her feel happy.

//The only woman I want by my side is you, Yoona.//

Yoona knew the meaning behind the words he sent her. She sighs, trying to maintain her composure and feel like she needs to be matured for this situation.

//I’m not sure what you meant. But, it’s not good to joke with noona. You should only say that to someone special. Anyway, noona need to sleep. Goodnight.//

Yoona put away her phone and lie down on her bed covering herself with a fluffy blanket. As she is about to close her eyes, a Kakaotalk tone suddenly ring for a moment. She reaches for her phone and read the text Jungkook sent to her.

/./You are someone I consider as special in my life. Goodnight.//

-End of Flashback-

After that, the two of them ended up not texting for quite some time. She talked this thing out with her group members. God knows how glad she feels when she told them everything. They told her to follow her heart and respect her decision. Taeyeon and Seohyun even tell her to brace herself if she decides on to be in a relationship with him.

//I miss you…//

Yoona’s eyes widen the moment she notices the text she sent to him earlier as she was busy recalling the past.

A moment later, her phone rings and she nervously pick the phone call.

[Yoona… I miss you too…] –Jungkook-

Lots of things going on inside her head the moment she hears his voice, she can no longer control herself as her tears flow freely down her cheeks.

[It’s been a while, Jungkook-ah] –Yoona-

Jungkook feels like coming over to Yoona and embrace her right now.

[Where are you? Can I come and see you?] –Jungkook-

Unable to control her emotion, Yoona nodded as she tells him her location at the moment. Jungkook asks her to stay where she is and ended the phone call.

 

“I miss you…”

Suddenly, a pair of strong hands hugs her slim waist from behind. Yoona did not have to turn around to see the face of the person hugging her from behind. She knows from his voice that he is Jungkook.

“I’m sorry…”

Yoona holds Jungkook hands and lets herself being hugged by him.

“Hush… It’s okay… I understand. Hey, don’t cry… I’m here.”

Jungkook holds Yoona shoulder and turns her around to face him. He gently wipes away her tears and caresses her cheeks.

“I don’t know if this can work between us… What would people say? I’m older than you…”

Yoona finally said what’s bugging her since the first time she realises her feeling for him. Jungkook smiles and continues wiping her tears.

“So, are you admitting that you’ve fallen for me?”

Yoona holds Jungkook’s right hand and kisses it lightly.

“I’ve fallen hard for you… I can’t explain why and how, but that’s how it is…”

Jungkook holds both of Yoona’s hands in his and smiles warmly at her.

“Yoona-noona, I’m not good at expressing my feelings for the people around me. But, I still want you to know this no matter how embarrassing this can be.”

Yoona nodded and listen to Jungkook attentively.

“I don’t care what people going to say about us. I don’t care what they are going to write. All I care right now is us. I love you. I love you with all my heart. No matter what it takes, I’m going to continue loving you. I will only stop if you finally found someone who can make you happier than me.”

“Jungkook-ah. I…”

Hush… You’ve been taking away my chances from saying anything, let me say it. Yoona-noona, things might be hard from now on, we might get cursed and cry a lot. Whatever’s going to happen, all I want to ask you right now is one thing. Will you let me be the one to make you happy?”

Jungkook smiles and caresses Yoona’s cheek softly.

“Why do you cut me off?” Yoona unexpectedly pinches Jungkook’s cheeks. He quickly rubs his cheeks as he feels it is painful.

“What did I do?” He stares at Yoona innocently and Yoona smiles in return. ‘

“Jungkook-ah. I feel like all my worries disappear the moment I see you. I love you. So, please take care of me from today onwards. Let’s do our best in making each other happy. Let’s stay together for a long time.”

Yoona smiles and kisses Jungkook’s cheek which she pinches earlier.

“I will treasure you, Im Yoona.”

Jungkook gently kisses Yoona’s forehead and smile.

“Don’t you go and me after you find out more about me, okay?”

Jungkook slowly embraces Yoona and caresses her hair.

“Don’t worry. I’m so lucky to have fallen for this clumsy girl. 7 years gap is nothing if it’s you.”

Author’s Note:

I updated again after so long. Hehehe. First of all, I want to apologise again for the lateness in updating my stories. These days, I read up somewhere that when a writer or an artist feels sad, they will write a lot of stories and create lots of things. I don’t know how far the truth lies in this, but I believe it is not a lie. In fact, these days, my life has been happier than before. I finally got over someone and it’s funny how I ended up finding someone. Well, let’s forget about this hahaha.

Anyway, I sincerely hope that the requester will love this story. Thank you so much for requesting, AsdfghjklPink_Panda . I will keep on doing my best to fulfil the requests coming.

I also hope that all of you will be able to leave comments on your thoughts of this story. Please comment, subscribe and upvote if you like these fanfic collections.

Till then, MyDanbo <3