Super Junior's Sungmin

Our deer, Yoona

Sungmin x Yoona : Awkwardly Friends

 

 

“Thanks Sungmin ah. I feel better now! I shall do what you’ve advice to him~” Sunny said and left Sungmin alone in the practice room.

 

Sungmin just let himself fall down flat on the floor after Sunny left.

“There goes another girl, a friend who asks me about relationship advice. Again! Do I look that experienced in this area? I guess I don’t even have much experience! Plus, I’m a guy and I don’t even have any girlfriend to top it off…”

Sungmin closes his eyes as he rests on the wall at corner of the practice room.

Little did he notice, a certain doe-eyed girl slumped own next to him. Sungmin, being too immersed in his thoughts does not feel the presence of the girl next to him.

“Why is my life is like this?” Both of them scream out of their lungs at the same time.

“Arghhhhhhhhhhhh!”

“Who?” Sungmin took notice of the other voice screaming besides him. Soon, both of them stare at each other at the same time and all of a sudden, Sungmin just let out a tearful laughter.

“What?” Yoona ask curiously and formally since they are not that close.

“Nothing, Yoona-sshi…”

“Ah… I see…”

All of sudden, silence of awkwardness enveloped the two after the laughter. Both of them are well-known for their awkwardness with each other. Sungmin, gets along with mostly all female idols and trainees in and outside of their company except for Yoona. Meanwhile, Yoona, being very tomboyish, gets along with the guys too except for Sungmin of course.

“Hmm… Yoona-sshi…”

Sungmin decides to break the ice as Yoona stare at him waiting for him to start a conversation.

“….”

“…Nevermind, Yoona-sshi.”

“Oh… Okay.”

Again, silence came and tension of awkwardness arose from the two. The two definitely emits awkwardness aura among them every time they meet. They have never been left alone with just the two of them. Usually, there will be Sunny and Heechul accompanying them or Sooyoung and Kyuhyun goofing around with them. Yoona, who have a question in her mind, decides to come clean with it.

“Sungmin-sunbaenim. Can I ask you something? If you don’t mind…”

Deep down, Sungmin knew this might be coming or he might just make another weird conclusion. He just nodded his head softly as a reply.

“Do… you by any chance, hate me or something?”

Sungmin eyes widen in disbelief. Hate? Well, hate is a strong word.

‘Why does she think that I hate her?’

Sungmin take a small breath, “What makes you think like that?”

“Pardon me for being impolite, Sungmin-sunbaenim. It’s just what I heard. Well, technically I’m sure you can see that we, both of us don’t get along at all, right?”

Sungmin nodded in response.

“People around me keep on asking why we are that awkward… I don’t know what else to answer them with besides a smile…”

Sungmin just listen to Yoona’s honest opinion about their awkward relationship. Well, he knows that he cannot use any excuse to deny that. Every single time Yoona tries to be polite and say something to him, he just brushes her off but in a polite way.

“… So, I’m not sure what else to answer them. I… ran out of ideas already~”

Sungmin’s smile formed in his fair skin face as he glance at Yoona who buries her face in between her knees while shaking her head twice.

“… Yoona-sshi. I’m sorry. I didn’t know you faced that kind of problem. Considering the fact that, none of them come clean with me and ask me anything or even talk about it to me. I assume it must be because they thought the problem lies in you since I’m the one who keeps ignoring you…”

“Well… Yeah… Maybe, you are right…”

“So, why not break all their perceptions? Friends?” Sungmin smiles brightly as he put out his hand in front of Yoona gesturing her to make a friendly handshake with him.

“Awkward friends!” Yoona laughs while accepting the awkward handshake they have just made.

 

“Now that we are friends… Can I ask why are you dress up like this?” Sungmin pointed to her manly style of clothing. Yoona sports a short hair by wearing a wig and dresses up in a stylish male clothing that somehow manages to brings out pretty boy look from her.

“Yah~ Sungmin-sunbaenim~ This is the work of the devil trio and their followers!”

Yoona just muttered angrily under her breath while throwing the cap on the floor, hard.

“Who? Anyway, just call me Sungmin. Or you can call me Oppa if you feel comfortable with it. Back to the topic, as far as I know, when people mention devil or evil, it must be those two infamous evil maknaes? Voldemin and Evil Gamegyu? Well, who’s the other one?”

Yoona nodded before continues in a softer tone, “You would be surprise, maybe. It’s Luhan…”

“Whoa! That’s totally unexpected! Since when Luhan joined those group?”

“Since we made a bet~ Sungmin-sunbaenim! No, I mean Sungmin Oppa! Just because that Luhan is famous because he got an angelic smile~ We made a bet~ Sungmin-sunbaenim! No, I mean Sungmin Oppa! Just because that Luhan is famous because he got an angelic smile~ It’ doesn’t mean that he is not evil! He’s far worst!” Yoona shuddered the moment she remembers Luhan’s evil smile.

“What bet that both of you are betting on?”

“Well, it’s a long story and I am no at a point of losing. So, I have to dress up like this every time I’m in the company or went outside~”

“I have an idea! I heard that tomorrow those three are having a practice with just the three of them, you–”

Sungmin went on and tell Yoona the rest of his evil plan. Yoona laughs like a mad woman along with Sungmin.

 

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

 

“Aish~ We have to shower now because that Prankster Grandma deer just throw some smelly water on us!” Kyuhyun grunted as he smells some part of his body.

“I know right. Since when did she knows how to play harsh on us.” Changmin undresses himself as the three of them goes into the shower trying to clean themselves off the dirty smelly smell.

“Aish~ I thought that deer are not as clever as me.” Luhan carefully scrub while singing in the shower and shampoo his hair.

Little did they know, someone had taken their clothes and replace it with something else while giggling happily along with the partner. That girl is none other than Yoona who is leaving the shower room along with her new partner, Sungmin.

 

“Ah~ So refreshing~” The three of them said at the same time the moment they are wrapped with a towel. The moment their eyes landed on each other, they laugh hard.

“Yah! Luhan, why is your hair Pink? Moreover, it’s a hot pink!” Changmin laughs at Luhan who is still laughing at the two.

“Why talk about him when you are the one who’s hair is in light pink colour~ Whoa, Changmin, I never thought you like your hair that way~” Kyu laughs evilly while looking at the two.

“Look who’s talking! Kyu hyung! Your hair is now in the mixture of purple and pink! That’s so funny! You should look at yourself.”

 

It didn’t take long before the three guys stop laughing. They ran to the nearest mirror while screaming out of their lungs.

“MY HAIR! WHO DID THIS?”

“DAMN IT. THIS IS NOT WASHABLE!”

“Wait! I know who did this!”

The three of them stare at each other before muttering, “YOONA, YOU EVIL DEER!”

 

Yoona laughs hard along with Sungmin even though the two earn some weird glances from their friends in the company. It tooks minutes after that until the three guys stood in front of the pair while pouting hard.

“You! You did this?”

 

Yoona and Sungmin just laugh harder when the three had to come out wearing the outfit that Yoona and Sungmin had prepared earlier.

Kyuhyun, Changmin and Luhan were wearing a pink maid dress along with pink stockings and pink headband. Not to forget, pink shoes.

“Yah! You three was wearing that? I thought you wouldn’t wear them.”

“We had to! Since you cut some holes on our towels?”

“What? I didn’t do that?”

“Yoona~ Just be honest if you want to see our y body~” Luhan teases as he get close to Yoona and make a y dirty expression.

“Look at the four of us! We are a laughing stock for cross dressing!”

“Well, they are not laughing at me~ I look cool despite having to dressed up like a man~” Yoona laughs harder looking at Changmin pouting face.

“I admit, you three might be able to some fans easier this way~”

“YAH!”

“Guys, let’s go~ We have to wash off and change clothes!” Changmin drags both Kyuhyun and Luhan with him. Before they left, Yoona shouted ‘Those color will stick to your hair for weeks~ Have fun!’ while laughing along with Sungmin.

Yoona then face Sungmin and hug him lightly.

“Thank you, oppa! I have to go now! See you around~ You are the best guy ever!”

Yoona bid good byes to Sungmin while giggling hard.

“See you around too, my new awkward friend~”

 

Sunny who was watching the whole thing (the thing after the three left) starts to wonder something in her mind.

‘Is the rumor true? Sungmin is Gay? Who’s that hot guy wearing cap that just hug him?’

“I’ll ask him next time.” Sunny shakes her head in disbelief as she walk away leaving the scene.

Meanwhile, Sungmin is feeling all giddy for helping Yoona out. 

"Today is a great day indeed! A girl said I'm the best guy ever~ What a wonderful day~"


Author's Note :

A Sungmin X Yoona fanfic! I've done some research on them saying that they look awkward with each other. Who knows why? Well, it seems that every time Yoona tries to initiate a conversation or saying HI, Sungmin would awkwardly reply or just brush her away politely. I wonder why. Since Sungmin is close to Kyuhyun, I thought he is close to Yoona too. Maybe, it's because of their opposite personalities~ Yoona is the boyish type of girl meanwhile Sungmin is the gentle kind of guy. 

Anyway, thanks for reading. Do leave comments T_T They are my source of idea and source of writing. You hardly leave comments for KyuNa. I thought the readers hate them :< 

p.s : love you, MyDanbo :D