DBSK's Changmin

Our deer, Yoona

ChangYoon : Closure and Distance

 

 

“Changmin, what are you thinking?” Yunho softly pats Changmin’s broad shoulder as he smile at him.

Changmin just sigh as he turns to the older guy and shakes his head.

“Nothing, hyung. I’m not thinking of anything at the moment…”

“Hmm… You are such a bad liar…Okay then… If you need anything, I’ll be here, okay?” Yunho smiles again before leaving Changmin alone in the balcony.

 

“What a bad liar I am…” Changmin sigh again before he looks at the snows falling down like cotton candy.

“If you were here, you must love this so badly. You’ve always says that snow looks like cotton candy…” He abruptly smiles when he thinks about the certain deer.

 

“I miss you… Yoona…”

 

▓▓▓▓▓▓

 

“I wonder what you are doing, Changmin… We haven’t seen each other for a long time… I’ve been busy with filming and you, with your comeback this January… I miss you…” Yoona sigh.

“Oh! Cotton candy snow!” Yoona face beams up brightly as she look at the falling snow that looks like cotton candy.

“Did you remember? I’ve always say that I wanted to eat snow. Like a kid, you laugh at me when I said that it might taste like cotton candy…” Yoona laughs as she thinks of him.

“Unnie, what are you doing here?”

Seohyun smiles sweetly as she looks at Yoona who seems to be in deep thought.

“Oh, Joohyun ah… I’m not thinking of anything… I’m just enjoying the view.” Yoona shows her famous professional smile that she usually worn at the event.

“Unnie… You are such a bad liar… You cannot lie through that smile of yours… Oh well, if you need anything, I’ll be here, okay?” Sehun smiles as she softly kisses Yoona’s cheek before leaving her in the balcony.

“That kid, why is she the sweetest when are together? Thanks to Yonghwa oppa, I guess?” Yoona laughs as she looks at the view of the falling snow in front of her.

 

“I miss you… Changmin oppa…”

 

▓▓▓▓▓▓

 

Changmin walks calmly through the practice room before he accidentally bump into a certain deer.

“Ouch…”

Changmin eyes widen as he heard the voice. He looks up with a face full of hope, but ended up meeting the other deer.

“Luhan?”

“Oh, Changmin sunbaenim… I’m sorry… I was in a hurry and I didn’t look in front. I am extremely sorry!” Luhan  who is flustered by the appearance of a well-known sunbae immediately bows respectfully begging for forgiveness.

Changmin immediately let out a heartfelt chuckle before he smiles calmly at the frighten deer in front of him.

“Don’t worry, Luhan ah… I’m not mad or anything. Are you going for practice?”

Luhan nodded furiously.

“Well, practice well! Good luck, EXO and you , Xi Luhan. Also, don’t you ever address me as Sunbaenim. Call me Changmin hyung, okay? You know, you really resembles someone...”

Changmin smiles happily with his famous mismatched eye smile while ruffling Luhan’s hair softly.

“Okay, Changmin hyung…” Luhan looks at Changmin dumbfounded as he left him with another eye smile.

 

“He doesn’t look older when he smiles like that… I feel like squishing that cheek of him… But, who was that someone?” Luhan muttered to himself as he walks away with a smile.

 

▓▓▓▓▓▓

 

“Lu! Why are you smiling like an idiot? Did you meet your crush on the way?”

Luhan eyes widen when his eyes meet with another deer-like eyes same as him.

“Yoona Sunbaenim…”

“Yah! Lu! Stop calling me that, Lu! Aren’t we the same age? Call me Yoona! Plus, I’m younger by a month or so!” Yoona softly smack him causing the junior deer to flinch and immediately bows.

“Sorry, sunbae – No, I’m sorry Yoon… Yoona!” Luhan shut his eyes tight as he bows at the senior deer.

Meanwhile, Yoona just show her alligator laughter at him before gesturing him to stop bowing.

“Don’t worry, Luhan ah~ Why would I be mad at you or anything? You’ve done nothing wrong~”

Yoona smiles happily and just like Changmin, Yoona shows her smile alongside her mismatch eye smile at Luhan.

“Sun – Yoona, are you winking at me?”

“Yah! I’m not~ It’s just when I smile brightly, my eyes tend to mismatch~ Kekeke~ I’ve gotta go now~ See you around, Lulu~” Yoona shows her mismatch eye smile again as she ruffles Luhan’s hair softly causing the deer to blush hard.

 

“She looks like a kid just now… Wait, deja-vu?  Hmm… Is it just me or they are just too similar?” Luhan smiles grew wider as he run off to his group, EXO’s practice room.

 

▓▓▓▓▓▓

 

“Yo! Changmeeeeeeeeeen in the house!”

Changmin just laugh at his friend, Kyuhyun who seems hyper seeing him.

“Duhhh… Of course I’m here! You called me right?”

“When did I?” Kyuhyun smiles evilly as he feigns ignorance.

“Dude, you called me for a game of StarCraft! Like seriously?”

“Of course my soulmate, Choikang Changmeeeeeen! You’ve been busy like hell. I haven’t seen you for a long time…”

“Duh~ I’m always practicing at the company~”

“But! But! I miss you~” Changmin rolled his eyes at the unexpected Kyuhyun aegyo.

“Stop it, you look hideous…”

Kyuhyun erupted into a big laugh as Changmin look at him with a what-the-hell-is-wrong-with-you look.

 

“Well, speaking about you… What’s about your twin deer?” Kyuhyun smirk as Changmin tries to ignore his question.

“What deer? I’m not a deer…”

“Dude, stop feigning ignorance… I’m talking about Weirdo here…”

“Why are you saying she’s my twin… These days, she’s been Luhan’s twin…”

Changmin voice sounds hoarse like he’s unable to utter the last sentence well.

“Changmin… Stop avoiding her…”

“What? When did I?”

“You’ve been avoiding her ever since people try to couple her up with Luhan…”

“I don’t –”

“Changmin, both of you are my best of friends! My feeling for her is all in the past… What’s with you these days?”

“Kyu…”

“What are you afraid of?”

Changmin look down as he sighs deeply.

“Everything…”

“Huh?”

“Kyu, who am I to step up and say I’m the only twin deer she has?”

“Chang—”

“Plus, haven’t you seen the two together? They look so damn f— perfect together… They are the real deer that look so suitable with each other. Haven’t you heard about the news? How they got publish in a newspaper for their similarities and such? Dude… that kid digs on her! I can tell that she does to!”

“Changmin…”

“Kyu, please… Stop… I don’t want to talk about this anymore…” Changmin looks away and walks away before Kyuhyun could say anything.

 

“But, she loves you… Are you that blind?”

 

▓▓▓▓▓▓

 

“So, Sehunnie~ Here’s your bubble tea…”

Sehun faces immediately glows up seeing his favourite bubble tea.

“Thank youuuuu, thunbaenim…” Sehun muttered softly with a little bit of lisp flavour added to his speech that makes him cute in Yoona eyes.

“Aigoo~ Why are you tho cute, Thehunnie~” Yoona softly pinches his cheek causing the younger guy to grin happily.

 

“Yoona!”

Sehun immediately pout when the infamous evil maknae entered  the practice room where he and Yoona are in.

“Oh~ Thehunnie’s here too~” Kyuhyun laughs as he ruffles the younger guy.

Sehun glares furiously at Kyuhyun for disturbing his precious time with Yoona as he hugs Yoona from the back while pouting.

“Aigoo~ Sehunnie~”

 

‘This kid… is dangerous… Should I invite him to join Kyu-Line?’ Kyuhyun smiles evilly as he look at Sehun with a meaningful smile.

 

“Kyu oppa, tell me why are you here again?”

“Oh yea! I’m here to talk to you (looks at Sehun and back to Yoona again) ALONE…”

“Oh okay… Sehunnie~ Later, we’ll practice together okay? Say hi to daddy too~” Yoona smiles as she pinches Sehun cheeks.

“Arasso omma~ Call me~” Sehun pouts cutely and leave after leaving a death glare at Kyuhyun.

“Omma? Appa?”

Yoona just laughs at clueless Kyu.

“Oh~ Nothing~ It’s just this thing we usually call each other. Sehun insists on calling addressing me as his mom while Luhan as his dad. I just play along though~” Yoona smile cheekily with her mismatch eyes.

 

‘You look much more similar to Changmin though. What’s with that dude? Can’t he see their damn similar ing smile?’ Kyuhyun thought before letting out a silent sigh.

 

“Well, Yoona… Is something wrong?”

“Oh~ Nothing’s wrong… My drama filming is going on well~ In fact, I’m feeling better…”

Kyuhyun softly put his hands on Yoona’s shoulder.

“Yoona, I know you well… Stop acting like Changmin…”

“What— Wait! What’s with Minnie oppa!” Yoona face turns serious as he look at Kyuhyun worriedly.

“You still call him that… Yoona… Did something happen in between you and him?”

“Huh?”

“Why I haven’t seen the two of you at my meeting at the same time? Why are you coming when he’s not there and why is he coming when you are not there? Are you two avoiding each other?”

“No…”

“Don’t lie to me! I’m your best… friend! What’s with you two?” Kyuhyun voice raise up in a higher tone causing Yoona to flinches a bit.

“Kyu… Fine… He… Changmin and I am avoiding each other…”

“Why?”

Yoona hung her head low. Kyuhyun uses his senses as he pulls the girl into a soft embrace.

“Tell me everything…”

Kyuhyun soft words bring tears to Yoona’s eyes.

“Kyu… He hates me… I’ve missed him… I still remember how you and Yunho oppa would tease us for eating the pizzas (refer to chapter one). Both of us were doing fine…  But, abruptly, he just starts to avoid me without hinting why. Changmin… Does he hates me? But, why?” Yoona tears flows freely on Kyuhyun’s shoulder as he listens attentively.

“Yoona, do you… love him?” Kyuhyun try to ask even though he knew it would still hurt his heart a bit.

“I… love him… Kyu… But, what can I do? He… hates me!”

“Hate is a strong word, Yoona… That goes the same with love… Why you never talk things out with him?”

Yoona let out a sigh for the umpteenth time.

“He never gives me the chance… I’m sorry, Kyu… I got to go… I’ve promised to spend time with Sehun today…”

As Yoona is about to leave,  Kyu holds her wrist to stop her.

“Is Luhan going to be there too?”

“Yeah…”

“Is that guy is also joining?”

Yoona nodded softly before leaving Kyuhyun alone in the practice room.

“Why do I feel bad? I know she’s close with Luhan and Sehun… But, that guy? What’s happening here? Changmin… You better hurry…”

Kyuhyun sigh as he leaves the practice room without knowing that there is another person watching the whole thing since the beginning.

 

“So, you still like her, Kyu? I guess… I’m the third wheel…” He clutches to his heart area as his single tear roll down his cheek.

 

“What’s happening to us, Im Yoona?”


Author’s Note:

A ChangYoon one shot! Kekekeke…

It’s longer than my usual length of one shots.

Besides EXOYOONG, I’ve been a ChangYoon deprived too!

I’ve been into Changyoon since long ago. But, nikatsu / aoza grab me in deeper XD

 

Anyway, hope you enjoy reading this uhhh fanfic xD

Please leave comments so that can know your view on this fanfic

Should I write a continuation?