[R] Bigbang's T.O.P

Our deer, Yoona

Caring for Love

requested by Yoonlovers

“It seems like I am unable to forget him. Why am I so dumb? Blindly in love with him without knowing he will be engaged to someone else behind my back.”

Disappointment, the only word suitable enough to describe her feeling right now. Im Yoona brought herself somewhere far without realizing that she only have her identification card in her clutch. She did not bring anything else after appearing at Taecyeon’s engagement party. She only found out about it after coincidentally she had a schedule at the same venue. She has no money, no credit card, bare face and messy look.

“What am I going to do now? I already told my manager and the rest of the members that I won’t be returning to Korea for a while.”

Yoona sigh, regretting her decision she made without thinking through earlier.

“Ouch, this still hurts.” Yoona rubs her forehead that still bleeds due to her car crashing against the tree earlier. She was grateful that she’s still alive.

 

“Are you okay?”

She quickly turned around, noticing someone else presence. Thinking that it might be some Japanese citizen feeling concern over her messy condition, Yoona quickly bow her head.

“I’m fine. You don’t need to worry.” She tries her best not to sound like herself by speaking fluently in Japanese.

“Are you perhaps—Yoona-sshi?”

“How do you—”

Yoona looks up, feeling shocked looking at the person who recognizes her even in her messy state.

“T.O.P-sunbaenim…”

Yoona feels embarrassed realizing that the person recognizing her is none other than her sunbaenim in the industry, Bigbang’s TOP. How in the world that she ran to him out of any other person she knows? She barely knows him anyway.

“Your forehead’s bleeding…”

TOP realizes that Yoona’s forehead’s bleeding and she looks pretty badly injured.

“It’s okay, TOP-sshi. I’m fine…”

Yoona quickly bows to TOP politely before she turns around to leave.

“Wait, Yoona-sshi. You are bleeding…”

“Sunbaenim… Can I borrow some money? I will pay you back…” She somehow recalls that she have no money or anything that can help her to survive, so she turn around again facing TOP properly this time.

TOP realizes that Yoona’s condition right now is not suitable for her to show her face in public. People might write nasty stuff about her especially after the rumors of her rumored boyfriend, 2 PM’s Taecyeon engaged to someone else. That’s what he heard from Seungri anyway. He’s still unsure of the truth.

“Yoona-sshi, let’s—”

Yoona realizing that she’s not making any sense—asking money from someone she barely knows is not the right thing she should do right now. She’s not supposed to ask to do this to him right now.

“Nevermind, sunbaenim. I apologize for suddenly doing this. I’ll take my leave now…” Yoona bows her head to TOP and tries to leave again.

“Wait, my villa is around here. Let’s get you treated first.

TOP’s offer is like the light shone in the darkness in her life right now. She truly needs a place to stay.

“But—” Yoona suddenly feel dizzy. It might be the after-effect of the accident. TOP’s figure in front of her starting to look blurry as Yoona can feel herself falling before going unconscious.

“YOONA-SSHI!”

“Huh?”

Opening her eyes weakly, Yoona finds herself in unfamiliar surroundings. She’s lying down on a king size bed, covered up with a fluffy blanket. She reaches for her forehead and feel the bandage wrapped around her head.

“Are you awake?”

A gentle low tone voice welcomed her. Yoona feels bad looking at the restless face on the man’s facial expression. He looks pretty tired from lack of sleep.

“W—where am—”

Yoona tries her best to speak, but the words could not come out perfectly as she wished it to be. Perhaps, it has something to do with her weak state.

“You fainted, so I brought you here.”

TOP stretches his arm, trying to ease his soreness from a bad posture of sleeping while sitting down.

Yoona looks at her newly clean change of clothing she’s wearing and blushes hard. TOP who seem to understand what she’s thinking quickly interject before she misunderstands anything.

“Ah, my private doctor is the one who treated your wounds and the aunty who came daily is the one who helped me change your clothes.” The aunt and the doctor come in shortly after TOP finishes his sentence.

“I have to leave for now. They will take care of you.”

“Thank you…”

Yoona cover her face with the blanket and thanked TOP in a low voice.

“Get well soon…”

TOP smile before leaving Yoona alone with the doctor and the aunty.

 

Day after day passes by as Yoona continue to stay at TOP villa without TOP bothering to say anything about it. The two of them are still awkward with one another as Yoona is not like how she portrays on the television. Her cheerful and bubbly personality is just a façade to hide her cold attitude towards strangers. She’s not really open to strangers. She hardly says anything other than the answers to TOP’s questions. For some reason, it’s like she’s putting up a thick wall around her—blocking people from trying to get into her heart.

Yoona did not even say anything about her situation, until one day when the news of Taecyeon’s announcing his engagement and upcoming wedding.

“He looks happy…”

TOP’s glance at Yoona. Her eyes start to get teary as she smiles sadly looking at the television showing Taecyeon’s press conference with his soon-to-be-wife, Park Shinhye.

“Yoona…”

Yoona takes a deep breath as her eyes start to get teary even more.

“He asked me out many times. I rejected him because I thought he only plays around with me. However, one day, he came to me with a signature from all my labelmates approving our relationship. He kneels down to me while holding my favorite flower, Baby breath, and lavender, asking me to be his girlfriend with a marriage in mind. We’ve been together facing all kinds of ups and downs, fights, and a few breakups. But, the two of us still stays together even, after all, those things happen to us. However, I start to sense something wrong when he starts to talk about Shinhye. The phone calls from everyday turn to once in a while, he hardly agrees when I ask to go out with him while giving the excuse of having a busy schedule. Even though there're rumors circulating that I’m in a relationship with him back then, both of us chose to deny it for the sake of our future.”

Yoona’s tears are now flowing freely down her cheeks. TOP attentively listen by her side as she continues on.

“He promised me that he will make me happy. He promised that we will be together no matter what happen. He promised me all kind of things—and now, he’s marrying someone else. How am I supposed to smile after this?”

Yoona cries as she hugs her knees close to herself. TOP moves closer, slowly caressing her hair.

“Tell me… sunbaenim. Why did he do this to me? Why? After all the sacrifices I’ve made in order to make this relationship work… How can he be so cruel?”

TOP continues caressing her hair, softly patting her hair after he embraces Yoona gently.

“You’ll be fine… You are strong… Yoona…”

Yoona buries herself in TOP’s chest. TOP continues to listen to her while caressing her hair softly, letting her to cries even though his black shirt is now wet due to her tears.

“Seunghyun-sunbaenim. How do you know? If I’m strong, I wouldn’t be here. I—”

TOP gently break off the hug, facing her as his fingers gently wiping away her tears.

“If you’re not strong, you will not be here. You might not be around anymore. You are a strong woman, Im Yoona. I’m sure you will find yourself rebound back while standing proudly on your two feet. Someday, you’ll find someone who will love you, but you will need to love yourself first. Only then, you’ll find someone who loves you truly as who you are…”

“Sunbaenim…”

TOP stifles a soft chuckle at her honorifics. It’s been two months since she started staying here, he’s amazed by how she can still be polite to him and cold at the same time.

“It’s been days and we are this close, you are still not dropping the honorifics?”

Yoona’s doe eyes blink few times, obviously clueless of what TOP’s meant.

“I’m asking you to drop the formalities. Call me by my name… Yoona.”

Yoona who is not used to this kind of situation feels awkward and embarrassed at the same time. The person gently caressing her hair right now is a man, realizing the situation she’s in, Yoona moves away a bit from TOP and wipe her tears.

“Are you embarrassed?”

TOP laughs, showing his pearly white teeth and the perfect smile that captures the heart of his female fans.

“N—no… It’s just that I am okay now… I want to wipe my tears. Now, if you’ll excuse me, Sunbaenim, I have a dinner to make.”

Yoona quickly gets up, trying to hide her red face. However, TOP grab her wrist making her sit down by his side again.

“Call me oppa first…”

He smirks, the kind of smirk that only makes her blush harder.

“Okay, but close your eyes first. I don’t want to do it if you open your eyes.”

Yoona looks at TOP who had his eyes close while looking like he’s enjoying this kind of situation.

“Thank you… Seunghyun-sshi…” Yoona pinches TOP’s cheeks and then run towards the kitchen.

“You are a tough deer to be tamed. You just get interesting each day.”

TOP laughs recalling her blushing face he witness earlier. That’s the first time he saw that kind of facial expression. She’s usually cold to him, but today it seems like she opens up a bit.

 

TOP and Yoona continues to enjoy each other company each day while spending time together at TOP’s villa. Once in a while, they would go out and walk around the area together without getting worried of people recognizing them. The two of them are too used of being around each other without noticing their feelings for each other growing each passing day.

“Thank you for everything. I don’t know how to repay your kindness. I hope you can enjoy this meal I’ve cooked for you.” Yoona smiles warmly at TOP who is currently sitting facing her at the table.

“Who knows that you can cook?” TOP snickers and laughs when he notice Yoona’s pouting. It is never boring to .

“Hey, that’s not nice…”

The two of them continues to chat happily while enjoying the meal. That night, Yoona spends a lot of time watching movies while chatting with TOP. They fell asleep with their heads on each other. The next day, Yoona left a note and leave the house. The moment TOP wakes up, he realizes she’s gone. He notices a post-it note on his fridge.

“Thank you for everything. I’ll treasure every single memory.” –Im Yoona

 

TOP notices another post-it note asking him to open the fridge, he laughs shortly after finding a white box containing a big round cake. He read the note attached to it.

“I am sorry I could not celebrate your birthday with you. I can only do this….”

TOP take a piece of the cake and eat it. The sweetness, the taste, everything is like how he likes it to be. Staying with him for days makes her understand him more than anyone else.

“Be happy, Yoona ah…”

 

Yoona already left and starts to get busy with her schedule, TOP can still feel her presence around the house. The room she used to sleep, he let it be the same as how she left it. The kitchen she used to cook, the living room she used to lazily sit around watching television, the couch she asks him to buy, every single thing in the house reminds him of her. Now, he finally realizes the hole in his heart that she takes along with her. He finally realizes the reason why he’s so interested in her.

“Choi Seunghyun, you love her… You love Im Yoona…”

He hit his forehead with the palm of his hand, realizing his stupidity for letting her go. He quickly takes out his phone. He smiles the moment he read the news for the day.

“Are you sure you can do this, Yoona ah?”

Sooyoung asks from the other side of the phone call. Her worried tone of voice make Yoona smile.

“I’m okay. Don’t worry. See you there, Syoung~” She playfully use that nickname since that is what SNSD calling Sooyoung nowadays.

“But—but—what if… Yoona, we are going to be late tomorrow…”

“That’s okay. Take your time… Don’t worry I’ll be fine.”

Sooyoung sighs, knowing how stubborn Im Yoona can be. She decides to let it slide and let Yoona go with what she decides to do.

“Please don’t disappear just like what happen last time… Yoong…” Sooyoung’s voice crack, remembering how worried they were when they heard that Yoona left her schedule and disappear. Fortunately, they managed to get through her, but Yoona only told them that she won’t be back for a while. She returns after a few months, with a new haircut. Sooyoung starts to feel more worried when Yoona buries herself with her no rest schedule.

“Goodnight, unnie” Yoona ended the phone call while taking a deep breath. She stares at the phone case TOP brought for her back then when she’s still staying at his villa. That phone case is totally not her style, sophisticated and feminine. But, he insists on her to use it so that he can throw away the phone case Taecyeon gave her.

“I miss you, bingu…”

 

The wedding held in a beautiful garden near the beach, Yoona wearing a long peach dress matching the dress code of pastel colors with her hair down walk towards someone with a smile.

“Hey…”

“Yoona… I did not expect you to be here…” His tone of voice sound worried as he lowers the volume, not wanting people to suspect anything.

“Don’t worry, Taec… I’m here to congratulate you…”

Yoona smiles and moves back a bit when Taecyeon moves closer, not wanting to cause a scene at the beautiful wedding venue.

“Yoona, I’m sorry for everything… I regret—”

Taecyeon tries to reach out for Yoona, out of reflex Yoona tries to push him away, however, another person’s hand have beat her to it.

“Hello there, Taecyeon-sshi. What sort of business do you have with her? Isn’t today your wedding day?”

Yoona’s eyes widen after she notices that the person shielding her from Taecyeon is none other than TOP. TOP hold Yoona close to him while his right hand is patting Taecyeon.

“Congratulations, Taecyeon. If there’s nothing else, I think we should go to our seats.”

“Wait, but—how? Why?”

TOP smiles professionally at Taecyeon, he looks at Yoona by his side and smiles warmly.

“I don’t have to explain anything to you. Congratulations, Taecyeon-sshi. I’ve forgiven you. Now, make your wife happy.” Yoona feels like she have the courage with TOP by her side. She confidently looks at Taecyeon and smile. She walks away after noticing Jun.K come to take Taecyeon to stand at his respective place.

 

“Why are you here?”

TOP smiles, fully expecting that question coming from her.

“I’m here for someone.”

Yoona remains calm, not wanting to expect anything from him. She turns her head looking towards Taecyeon and Shinhye.

“Go to her.”

“I already am.”

TOP smiles warmly at Yoona who feels the same way he’s feeling right now. His hand moves towards hers, entwining them together as they watch the husband and wife exchanging vows.

“Are you sure that—”

“Nope, but all I want right now—I want you to stay by my side and let me treasures you the way you are.”

“Seunghyun-oppa…”

Yoona smiled, feeling the happiness exuding from her heart.

“I’ll take that as a ‘yes, I love you too, oppa’. TOP smirks, Yoona hit his shoulder while smiling.

“I can never win against you… Seunghyun-oppa…”

“You don’t have to… because you already won my heart. Yoona, I think Choi Yoona sounds better than Im Yoona.” TOP tries to drop a hint on Yoona while nervously waiting for her answer.

“It will sound better only if you let me shop for furniture with you next time.” Yoona smiled, pinching TOP’s cheeks.

“Well then, hello Mrs. Choi.” As the crowd cheers for Taecyeon and Shinhye kissing each other, TOP grab this chance and gently plant a kiss on Yoona’s forehead.

“I love you…” The words they kept in their hearts without mentioning to each other, because they know how they feel for each other through their actions.

On the other hand, Yoona and TOP did not notice certain eyes looking straight towards them. A tall girl with a pastel pink dress standing with her official boyfriend, Jung Kyungho looking straight at the pair. Sooyoung shakes her head, feeling the worries fly away from her head.

“Im Yoona, you have a lot of explanation to do. I’m going to get all of the information after this…”

Author’s Note:

I am back again. Healthier, but still recovering~ But, I’m okay~ Thank you for all the warm wishes :3

Anyway, I want to apologize for keeping you guys wait for too long especially the people who requested. Ah, I forgot to tell that the people who requested must leave a comment on their thoughts of the story. I love reading long comment^^

Thanks to Yoonlovers for requesting this sweet story. I hope you feel satisfied and happy >w<

Don't forget to upvote! Anyway, TOPYoon pairing request is full. Please request for other pairings <3

Ah, don't request any pairings from outside Japan and Korea >w< I might have it hard kekeke. But, I will try my best to do that one.

Till then, MyDanbo <3