[R] EXO's Baekhyun

Our deer, Yoona

Sing for You

requested by yoonhae00 

 

What does it mean to fall in love with someone? Does love begins the moment your eyes laid on someone? Or did it start after you get to know that person deeper? The voice that sounds like music playing by your ears, the eyes that shines and draws in you in—or the lips that attracts you to kiss it. What does it mean to fall in love? Especially if the person you’ve fallen for is the best friend of your-supposed-to-be-crush.

“How did this happen?”

This question keeps on playing inside Byun Baekhyun’s mind which changes him as a person little by little. This kind of feeling is a first even for someone like him. It is not like he never like someone or anything. This feeling is strange enough to the point he cannot describe it. The first time he realises this kind of feeling growing inside him during the time he hang out with the very person that cause him this.

 

“Didn’t you like Taeyeon-unnie?”

Her question struck him like lightning which only made him stared at her in return.

“What do you mean?”

Baekhyun stared into empty spaces earlier, not paying attention to Taeyeon walking passed by him earlier. Taeyeon is his senior in the industry and their company. She is also someone he usually stares whenever she walks by, the one he will get flustered whenever she’s around, the one that makes him smile whenever he got praises by her.

“Taeyeon-unnie was here just now, why didn’t you smile like an idiot?”

Her question with no ill-feeling caught him off-guard again. 

“Did I do that before, Yoona?”

He hardly call Yoona in a formal way due to their closeness after Suho introduced them when Baekhyun first entered SM back then. He got closer to Yoona and stop using formalities with her which only brought them closer. It seems like Yoona did not care much about it.

“You did… What’s gotten into you?”

This time, Baekhyun was taken aback. He also felt weird by the fact that he did not feel anything whenever his so-called crush, Taeyeon is around him these days. On the other hand, it seems like whenever Yoona is around him, he feels different than usual.

Baekhyun watched Yoona who looked concern over his unusual behaviour. Yoona cupped Baekhyun’s face in her hands and pinched both of his cheeks. Baekhyun let her do whatever she wants to. For some unknown reason, he like it. The way her eyes grows bigger while examining his facial expression, her lips pouts when Baekhyun gives no response in return.

“Are you feeling unwell?”

Baekhyun decided not to worry the deer any further, not wanting her to speculate anything weird based on her judgement.

“I’m fine. There’s nothing wrong with me…”

Baekhyun smiled, trying to assure Yoona that he have no issue or whatsoever. Yoona nodded slightly while Baekhyun slowly hold both of her hands. He intended to put her hands away from his face.

“Baek—?”

Yoona felt weirder when Baekhyun keep on holding her hands without any intention of letting go.

“Yoona… You…” Baekhyun stared at Yoona while holding her hands, grasping her fingers in between his, liking the fact that their hands fit together.

“Yoona, we gotta go. Our—Baekhyun? What are you doing?”

Sooyoung’s loud voice brought Baekhyun back to reality, causing him to release Yoona’s hands from his grasp. Yoona quickly stand up after making sure Baekhyun was fine.

“If there’s anything you need to talk about, let me know. See you—”

“Wait, what happen just now, Baekhyun-ah? Yoong?” Sooyoung asked out of curiosity, feeling like something was wrong since the moment she caught them holding hands.

“Nothing serious, noona. I’ll do that, Yoong…” Baekhyun replied as his eyes followed Yoona until she disappeared from the door with Sooyoung.

“What’s wrong with me?”

Baekhyun stared at his hands, feeling weird with his behaviour towards Yoona earlier. It is highly unlike him to do something like that to his best friend, Yoona. He felt a sweet tingly sensation when he hold Yoona hands earlier. That moment when Yoona’s hands fit perfectly with his hands, he cannot help himself from not smiling at that kind of thought.

“What’s with me?”

That was the last time Baekhyun ever saw Yoona face to face. The two of them continues to get busy with their own personal schedule and group schedule without having any chances of bumping with one another. Slowly, another weird feeling grows inside him each day he did not get the chance to see Yoona. He feels lonely for the first time in his life. He feels strange when he do not get any text from her. He want to pick up his phone and call her right at this moment even though it’s quite late. It is weird, but he feels like he misses her so bad that it hurts.

“This is not what I’m thinking about… right?”

Byun Baekhyun is not that dense to not figure things out. This is weird enough for him if he is unable to understand the reasons why he behaves this way.

“Why am I like this when I already called her the other day?”

He did call her the other day, singing to her the songs she wishes to hear from him. As his thoughts begins to be filled by her, his phone screen lights up. The ringtone plays her part in her latest collaboration song with 10cm. Yoona’s collaboration song with 10cm sparks the fire of jealousy within him. He shakes his head in denial and pick up the phone call.

Baekhyun’s square shaped smile appears on his face the moment he heard the sweet voice on the other side.

“What song are you going to sing for me today?”

Her voice sounds sweet to his ears. The sweet voice resonance perfectly through his headphone flowing sweetly into his eardrums. Baekhyun smiles as he teases the older girl.

“Didn’t you say you like Jongdae’s OST better?”

Baekhyun pretends to be sulking as he notices her frantic look shown on his phone screen. He’s on Skype with her, due to their schedules. For some unknown reasons, Baekhyun will sing some songs for Yoona once in a while. He will always sing the song Yoona requested him to sing, which he heard that she recorded it and made it her ringtone. Her excuse? It’s because she loves hearing his voice.

“Well, that’s because you don’t want to sing for me the other day. By the way, I heard your song with Suzy~ You two matches well~” Yoona smiles happily without noticing Baekhyun’s expression hardens.

“She’s with Minho-hyung, noona~” Baekhyun reply shortly.

“Aww, don’t be sad. Noona might not be as good as Suzy, but noona is here~” Yoona smiles as she throws her kisses to Baekhyun who responds like getting shot by arrows full of hearts.

“Noona is more than anything I can ever ask for~” Baekhyun stated, earnestly showing his real feelings behind those words.

“Yah~ Stop making me feel like your girlfriend~ Can I hear a song called—”

“Tonight, let me sing a song I want to sing to you.”

“Okay~”

Yoona smiles as she stares at Baekhyun, giving full attention to him.

Baekhyun takes a guitar he borrowed from Chanyeol earlier. He take another glance at Yoona before he begins to sing. Tonight, he is determined to let his feelings flow freely to whatever the results will be. It is a good time for him to make sure of his feelings for her. It is time to get serious.

“This song is for you…”

 

Nae nalkeun gitareul deureo haji moshan gobaegeul

Hogeun gojipseure samkin iyagireul

Norae hana mandeun cheok jigeum malharyeo haeyo

Geunyang deureoyo I’ll sing for you

 

Neomu saranghajiman saranghanda mal an hae

Eosaekhae jajonsim heorak an hae

Oneureun yonggi naeseo na malhal tejiman

Musimhi deureoyo I’ll sing for you

 

The way you cry the way you smile

Naege eolmana keun uimiin geolkka?

Hagopeun mal nohchyeobeorin mal

Gobaekhal tejiman geunyang deureoyo

I’ll sing for you sing for you

Geunyang hanbeon deutgo useoyo

 

Jogeum useupjyo naegen geudae bakke eopsneunde

Gakkeumeun namboda moshan na

Sasireun geudae pume meorikareul bubigo

Angigo sipeun geonde marijyo

 

The way you cry the way you smile

Naege eolmana keun uimiin geolkka?

Doraseomyeo huhoehaessdeon mal

Sagwahal tejiman geunyang deureoyo

I’ll sing for you sing for you

Amureohji anheun cheokhaeyo

 

Maeil neomu gamsahae geudaega isseoseo

Sinkkeseo jusin nae seonmul

 

Oneuri jinamyeon nan tto eosaekhae haljido

Hajiman oneureun kkok malhago sipeo geureoni deureoyo

 

The way you cry the way you smile

Naege eolmana keun uimiin geolkka?

Hagopeun mal nohchyeobeorin mal

Gobaekhal tejiman jom eosaekhajiman

Geunyang deureoyo I’ll sing for you sing for you

Geunyang deureoyo I’ll sing for you

 

“Sing for you~ One of my favourite song!” Yoona claps her hands happily after Baekhyun finishes singing for her.

“Noona… Did you feel anything?” Baekhyun asks, wanting to make sure whether his feelings get across her. He realises his feelings as he sings the song to her. There’s no doubt, Baekhyun realises he’s in love with Yoona.

“You know, you should sing this song for someone you love~ She will truly love it~” Yoona shows a thumbs up.

Baekhyun sighs in defeat, feeling sad that Yoona did not get the whole point of him singing the song to her. He do not feel like giving up since he finally understand the reasons behind the butterfly all over his body whenever she’s around. He sings again the last part of the song for her to make her understand.

 

Maeil neomu gamsahae geudaega isseoseo

Sinkkeseo jusin nae seonmul

I’m so thankful every day that you are here

You’re a gift from God

Oneuri jinamyeon nan tto eosaekhae haljido

Hajiman oneureun kkok malhago sipeo geureoni deureoyo

When today passes, I might get awkward again

But I wanna tell you today, so listen

The way you cry the way you smile

Naege eolmana keun uimiin geolkka?

Hagopeun mal nohchyeobeorin mal

Gobaekhal tejiman jom eosaekhajiman

Geunyang deureoyo I’ll sing for you sing for you

Geunyang deureoyo I’ll sing for you

The way you cry, the way you smile

Do you know how much you mean to me?

Words I wanna say, words I lost

I’ll confess to you though it might sound awkward

Just listen, I’ll sing for you, sing for you

Just listen, I’ll sing for you

 

“Baek…hyun-ah…. I…”

Yoona stutters as she finally understands the meaning behind the song Baekhyun sang to her just now. It’s not like she has never feel like the way Baekhyun treat her is a bit different than the people around them. Sometimes, she feels like Baekhyun is too nice to her for his own good.

“I don’t ask for your answer right now. If I can wait for many years since the first time I’m in love with you, I will wait even more if that what it takes to make you understand. I will wait patiently till the day you finally fall for me, Yoona.”

Baekhyun calm tone of voice makes Yoona feel better. She truly like it when he respects her and give her time to think about it. Like? Is it too soon to assume she likes him too when she usually think of him as her cute junior.

“I will confess again, no matter how many time it takes—till the day you finally say the words I’ve been wanting to hear. For now, as long as you can start looking at me as a man, that will be good enough.”

“Baekhyun—ah…”

“Good night, Yoona. Sleep well”

That night, Yoona finally realizes Baekhyun’s earnest feelings for her. She do not know how to react the moment she notices his intention after singing the song to her. Her mind starts to be filled with Byun Baekhyun who manages to knock at the door of her heart.

Yoona continues to think about a good answer for Baekhyun to the point she slowly increase the distance in between them. Yoona starts to contact Baekhyun lesser, their different schedule did not help them in strengthening their bond. Slowly, little by little the two of them starts to drift apart.

Distance makes heart grows fonder. Yoona usually ignores this kind of thing whenever someone approaches her with the intention she cannot fulfil. This time, it’s a little bit different. Baekhyun is a different case from the other guys that approaches her before. She cannot explain it well, but his existence itself is different to her.

It’s been quite some time since the night he confesses to her. She have no idea how to handle this. She’s unsure about a lot of things. But, after taking a lot of time thinking about it carefully, Yoona finally got her answer.

The reasons why she felt Baekhyun is different from other guys is most probably because he’s the only guy whose brave enough to confess to her—even after Yoona knows about Baekhyun cute crush on Taeyeon.

She recalls how weird it feels to imagine him falling for her. That kind of thought never crosses her mind until now.

[I want to see you]

Yoona send a short message to Baekhyun using the Kakao app. She wants to set things straight especially her feelings for him.

[I’ve always wanted to see you. Where?]

He reply shortly after. Yoona’s heart flutters reading Baekhyun’s message to her.

[Now. Usual place]

She replies without trying to show how she feels right now. She covers it up by using a short message without any emoticon or sticker. Baekyun replies a cute okay with an emoticon to her making her smile for unknown reason.

 

The moment when she notices his figure walking towards her, she can feel her chest tightens. She feels nervous which is not common for her. He’s not someone she should feel nervous with—Baekhyun is just his friend. Or is he?

“Did you wait for too long?”

He asks shortly after he took a sit on the swings beside her.

“Nope…”

Yoona’s short answer cause Baekhyun to be tight-lipped. He do not know what to do about it. Both of them are unable to withstand the awkward tension in between them. The silent surroundings only makes the feel uncomfortable.

“So… You—” Yoona and Baekhyun said at the same time, leaving their sentence hanging as they stare into each other. Moments later, both of them erupts into big laughter after realising that they do not suit this kind of situation.

“Let’s not make things awkward.” Yoona said and Baekhyun nods in agreement. The two of them continues to talk about random things, mostly related to their schedules. The things they did during the time they did not see each other. At this time around, Yoona feels the comfortable and safe feelings when Baekhyun is around her.

“I have something to ask you.” Yoona grips the swing’s rope tightly, trying to ease her nervousness.

“Go ahead.”

“What will you do… if I said I cannot accept you—?”

Baekhyun takes a deep breathe, somehow he expects this coming from her. It’s not like he did not hope for her to accept his feelings or anything, but he knows deep down he should be prepared with something like this. In fact, he is already prepared himself for this.

He looks at Yoona sitting on another swing by his side, smiling before he answers her question.

“What will you do if I say I will never give up?”

Yoona feels amaze by Baekhyun’s confident expression. She knows Baekhyun good enough to know that he will not give up easily.

“What will you do if I tell you to give up?” She asks again, knowing that Baekhyun expects an answer from her.

“I will not do anything besides keep on trying harder. If you can steal my heart away from me, why can’t I do the same to you?”

Yoona smiles looking at the calm and composed Baekhyun which usually behaves differently than the other days.

“You… really don’t know how to give up…” Yoona sighs in defeat while laughing at Baekhyun who feels weird.

“Nope, that’s wrong. I will eventually give up if you finally tied down and choose another man. At that point, I don’t think I can pursue you any longer…. So, are you here to tell me that you have another man?” Baekhyun asks with a sad tone of voice. He feels disappointment all over his mind right now.

“Well, it’s true that I am interested in someone right now. I think I’ve fallen hard for him…”

“Maybe, it’s time for me to move on if that person totally loves you more than I loves you.”

“I don’t think you will do anything.” Yoona smiles meaningfully which only makes Baekhyun feels clueless even more.

“What do you mean?”

“What if I tell you that the person I am talking about—is you…”

“Oh my goodness! What should I do?”

Baekhyun walks back and forth at the corridor while frantically thinking of the outcome.

“Stay calm, Baek. It’s not anything serious!” Suho who feels rather annoyed by Baekhyun’s restless action stops Baekhyun from moving around.

“I wonder if Yoona will be fine… Oh my… Our Yoong~”

Hearing that kind of name calling coming out of Jongin’s mouth, Baekhyun shot daggers through his glares to Jongin.

“That’s my wife that you’re talking about…”

Minseok who always being the sensible one, takes another step in between Baekhyun and Jongin before anything serious happen.

“Now, let’s stop fighting. What’s with you calling us all here during our busy time of the day? We wouldn’t have come if it wasn’t about Yoona.” Minseok mutters half-heartedly, feeling annoyed that Baekhyun disturb his precious time.

“Well, she suddenly fainted and I am worried. I don’t know what else to do.” Baekhyun shows his puppy eyes to the three men in front of him.

“She’s probably tired of you, hyung. Noona should have come to me back then…” Jongin rolls his eyes while noticing that Yoona is coming out of the doctor’s room.

 

“Yoong! How are you feeling?”

Baekhyun hurriedly walks towards Yoona and hugs her warmly without noticing her pouty facial expression.

“My feeling—you idiot husband!”

“What? What did I do, my love?”

Suho, Minseok, Jongin feel like puking hearing that coming out from Baekhyun’s mouth. Nevertheless, they still stand there to watch the short drama between the two.

“I told you the other day right! I should have never come back home that night… It’s not your fault, baby~” Yoona sighs heavily before rubbing her stomach with a loving facial expression.

“Wait, what baby?”

“Are you that dumb or what?”

The three guy face-palm themselves mentally, knowing how dense Baekhyun can be. They walk towards Baekhyun and pat his back.

“Hey Baek, you’re going to be a dad. How dense can you be?” Minseok break the news to Baekhyun who accepts it with a bright smile.

“OH MY GOODNESS. YOONG! WE ARE GOING TO BE PARENTS!”

Baekhyun jumps around and hugs Yoona again.

“Shut up, Baek. I have to cancel everything because of you. Aww, my baby, omma is not mad at you. Omma is only mad at your stupid appa.” Yoona mutters before glaring at Baekhyun.

“Aww… Yoona, don’t worry~ I’ll work as much as I can~ I’ll buy any food you want~”

“That’s a promise! You three, you’re gonna be my witnesses if he fail to fulfil that.” Yoona’s cold statement makes Suho, Xiumin and Kai shudder. Now they know how scary a pregnant woman can be.

“Now, what do you want?”

Yoona smiles after hearing Baekhyun’s promising statement. She wrap her hands around his arms and pulls him closer to her. Yoona gently kisses Baekhyun’s cheek making him smile wider.

“I want you for the whole day. Let’s go somewhere.”

Baekhyun smiles and nods before turning his attention towards the three members from EXO.

“Sorry guys, I cannot join our guys bonding time tonight. I got a wife to take care of~ Let’s go baby~”

“Alright, love~”

The two of them walks away leaving the three standing in the corridor like idiots.

“What are we doing here?” Minseok shakes his head, feeling jealous seeing the couple’s action earlier.

“Man, it must have been nice to be married. By the way, Minseok. Wanna go together?”

Suho feels jealous seeing his best friend, Yoona feeling happy for being married. He turn his attention towards Minseok.

“Sorry, I’ve got a date to go to. By the way, Kai left already. Enjoy your days off~” Minseok walks away, leaving Suho alone.

“Man, am I the only one alone now?”

Author’s Note:

Greetings~ MyDanbo here~ I’m finished with another one-shot requests <3

Yeay. I hope I can finish one more, but it is late here and I have classes early in the morning. So, first of all, thank you to yoonhae00  for requesting this kind of pairing and story from me. I sincerely hope you will love it anyway >w< I rewrote this many times because I am worried you will not like it.

Anyway, if my lovely readers want to request please check chapter 60. Each pairing will only be not more than three stories for each. The counterpart for Yoona must come from Japan or Korea. You can suggest someone else and I’ll see if I can do it.

Please leave comments, subscribe and upvote ^^

Till then, MyDanbo<3