Do You Know Where You're Going To ? {Dongtian}

Random Stories,Thoughts and Music

 

 

This is the Dongtian version.Then Chunella and Ruxuan...
Hope you like this.

Good thing Jiro does not have to for surgery...Hope he is feeling a lot better now...Oh I almost forgot,Calvin's birthday coming up and then Arron's too...I should do something for them.

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

 


Jiro was holding on his hand the letter and the invitation. His manager told him he have to do it.It will be good for his image.The most popular son of their town,they will honor him and he is going to say his speech of encouragement to the youth to follow their dreams,to reach for a their own star.

It has been years,since he set foot in his hometown.There is nothing there,nobody to go back to.No reasons to see the old place again.They have never been good to him anyway.They looked down at him all those times.And now all of a sudden,they want to honor him.What an irony.This is all a joke,if there is anything,they must be plotting something against him like they used to do a long time ago,those rich kids.

There is only one,who have been nice to him.Only one who noticed him and gave him encouragement through all those times.The only one ,the only reason ,he is going to do this,just for her.He can still remember her face so clearly,the face that has been haunting him,all this time.

Hebe woke up early that morning,as she hurried to go to her classroom.Students soon starts to file out outside before coming in to the classrooms.Hebe taught high school kids and it sure different than teaching small kids who hang on to your every words and the bigger kids who doubted and challenged every words you utter.

This morning,there were talk in the teacher lounge that they invited him to come over,as a guest speaker for the graduating class.Her heart beat faster at the mention of his name.She wondered if he still remember her,she wondered if he still knew the promised that he made to her.Maybe not for she never heard anything from him after graduation.After the announcement,he just walked away without even asking her,without finding the real truth.

On the before the day of the graduation,Jiro came to town,without the fan fare,without the media.Just him as he drove around the town on his own.he retraced all his memories.The old house where they used to live,is all run down now.Nobody lives there anymore.He saw the old school,the primary and then the high school.All the old memories flooding him back.The playground,the library,the baseball fields,all witnesses to his life back then.

It was late in the afternoon and dusk is at hand,as he parked his car outside.The students are long gone.And then Jiro saw her.Hebe looks prettier than the last time he saw her.She have grown and mature to a beautiful young lady that she is.No more braces and no more eyeglasses.She is all beauty now.He got out of the car and approached her.He can see the surprised in her face when she saw him.

"Hello Hebe"Jiro said"How are you?"

"Jiro?"Hebe said.Her words never came out from ,she just stared at him.He looks so different now,the same but different.He look so handsome and he still have that charismatic smile,he still have that charm that attracts people especially those of the opposite .

"So you still remember me"Jiro said."I thought,you don't remember me anymore."

"No I do,I won't forget you."Hebe said."I am surprised you still remember me."

"Your face is not that easy to forget."Jiro said with a smile and Hebe blushed"Is there a place where I can talk to you? I don't think the local diner is the right place,everybody will notice."

"We can go to my place,if you don't mind."Hebe said.

"Sure,you live alone?"Jiro asked.

"Yeah,I live on my own now."Hebe said."Just follow my car."

Jiro followed Hebe's car until they reached a series of townhouse as they entered the complex.She parked her car in front of one in the corner.Jiro stopped and parked his car in the nearby spot,as Hebe got up and open the door for him.He went in.He looked around.there was no sign of any male resident in the house as he looked around.It looks like a girl's house.Everything is in it's proper place and is in order.

"You have a nice place here.And the neighborhood looks secured."Jiro said.

"Thank you.Do you want anything to drink?"Hebe said."Coffee or tea or soda?"Hebe asked.

"Tea will be fine."he said as he sat down on the sofa,but Hebe went in the kitchen and Jiro followed her there as he sat on one of the stool.

"I thought,you married Mike?"Jiro asked."You are engaged to him,aren't you?"

"No,we were never engaged in the first place,it was all a prank or a joke."Hebe said.

"But you were very close then,I even..."Jiro continued"Oh never mind."

"I heard you are our guest speaker for our graduation.That is nice that you were able to find time to come over."Hebe said.

"So you are a real teacher now,"Jiro said .He does not want to talk about himself.He wants to know about her,everything about her.

"Yeah,just like I wanted."Hebe answered."And you a big star now,a real Hollywood star,just like we always dreamed of."

"Yeah,I never know how I did it ,but I did it."Jiro answered."You remembered all those times,when we were young.You are the only one who believed in me,you are the only one who encouraged me and said that I will be big someday."

"I saw some thing in you,I do really believe that you will be someone."Hebe said."How come you left after graduation without saying goodbye,without any word?"

"I don't think it is necessary."Jiro said."I don't think I mattered to you anymore since you have Mike."

"You hurt me,you really did hurt me at that time."Hebe said.

"I am sorry,I did not know."Jiro said as he stared at her.

"I thought we have something going there for a while,I guess it is nothing to you."Hebe said full of pain,and full of regrets.

"I thought so too,but the announcement,changes all of that."Jiro said.

"And you never even talked to me,and never asked me about it."Hebe said."You just walked away,just like that."

"I am sorry,I am sorry Hebe."that is all Jiro can say,feeling all the pain she felt at that time.

"Anyway,that is over,we both have moved on."Hebe said."That is all in the past,everything is forgotten now."

"Yes,everything is in the past now."Jiro said.

"If you excused me I am tired,it has been a long day."Hebe said.

Jiro stared at her.Did he hurt her that much?Was she hurting as much as he is?She looked away as Jiro walked slowly to the door."Good bye Hebe,it is nice to see you again."

Hebe did not answer,she was looking away.He never saw her face before he left.He liked very much to see her face for the last time,but....

On graduation day,he made his speech,he can see her with all the staff.She never came near.She never say any words to him again,in as much as he wants to hear her voice again.She have moved on she said.It is wrong to bother her again,just leave her alone,I'll go my way,and she'll go her way.That is the way it should be.

But that night Jiro found himself in front of her townhouse.He have to see her again,one last time,he told himself.One last time before he goes his way.He rang the bell and Hebe opened the door,she did say anything.But she did open the door for him.

"I am leaving tonight,I am going back home."Jiro said."I just want to say good bye and I just want to say thank you for all those times.Thank you for believing in me."

"Good bye Jiro,I wished you happiness,in whatever you do."Hebe said."I really mean it" as she stared at him.He can see the tears forming in her eyes,and he cannot stand it.He does not want her to cry again,as he hugged her and took her in his arms."Hebe,oh how I missed you."

"I missed you too,Jiro."Hebe said.

"I don't want you to cry anymore,please don't cry anymore.I love you.I always love you."Jiro said.

"You love me?I love you too,Jiro."Hebe said."I never forgot you.You have been in my heart all this time."

"I can't go on anymore without you.I want you there with me all the time."Jiro said.

"Yes,I'll be there for you."Hebe said."I will always be there for you.I waited for you for a long time to come back."

"It took me a while but finally we are together at last.And I will never leave you again." as Jiro kissed Hebe.Jiro and Hebe together at last....