Against All Odds {DongTian}

Random Stories,Thoughts and Music

 

A/N- As I was reading the story on this chapter...somehow the wordings of the songs does not aptly agree witht he story that i have written.I don't know what happen at that time...and i wrote this a year ago...that long?????

 

<  

Fan Fiction

I was not really into writing mood lately,I don't know maybe too busy?,lack of inspiration?,too much going on emotionally? and yes trying to break away?.But then,all of a sudden,I am hit again with this bug.So here I am writing....

I was reading my previous stories,and I have notice my stories are more from the heart than anything else.Lately ,it has been forced lately.So I think in order to write beautifully,it has to come from the heart....

Anyway,out of my reverie,this stories hit me,I have to write this down ,before I lose this one....

_______________________________________________________________

Against All Odds by Phil Collins

How can I just let walk away
Just let you leave without a trace
When I stand here taking every breath with you,oh
You're the only one who really knew me at all

How can you just walk away from me
When all I can do is watch you leave
Cause we shared the laughter and the pain
And even shared the tears
You're the only one who really knew me at all

So take a look at me now
Cause there's just an empty space
And there's nothing left here to remind me
Just the memory of your face
Take a look at me now
Cause there's just an empty space
And you coming back to me is against the odds
And that's what I've got to face

I wish I could just make you turn around
Turn around and see me cry
There so much I need to say to you
So many reasons why
You're the only who really knew me at all

So take a look at me now
Cause there's just an empty space
And there's nothing left here to remind me
Just a memory of your face
Take a look at me now
Cause there's just an empty space
But to wait for you
Well that's all I can do
And that's what I've got to face
Take a look at me now
Cause I'll be standing here
And you coming back to me is against all odds
That's the chance I've got to take

Just take a look at me no....

The sun is shining brightly outside,but still Hebe is chilled to the bone.The heater must not be working properly as she check the thermostat.It read 72 degree.

It must be really cold outside,she thought ,as she put on her sweater.She started folding on clothes that she took from the dryer.She look at the outline of their modest condominium.The place is a mess, dirty clothes lying everywhere,left over food on the table and dirty dishes in the sink.She took a deep breath.She wondered how long can she take everything.

She worked long hours during the weekend,and now as she comeback from work,all she can see are the mess that her family have created.The kids are in school now.Thank God there will be there for a while ,and her husband at the safety of his work ,in the office.She still have time to clean up the mess before they arrived.

She looked outside the window,and stared at the pile of snow that have fallen during the weekend.There is not much of an inspiration outside either.The sun might be shining,but the gloom can be felt,and that what she feels right now.

She think of her life,now and way back.What do you do when you married your Prince Charming,and you have settled into this quietness?The daily monotonous life of a housewife and a mother.Do I have to be thankful for this? Do they think ,this kind of life is not a struggle,trying to be sane,trying to be good,trying to be the perfect Mom and a wife?What if you married a not so Prince Charming after all? And you later find out that he is nothing but a son of a and a jerk? Hebe took a deep breathe.

Before,she could not understand why woman ask for more,why woman walked away from marriage,from her own kids.But now,feeling what she is feeling right now,she doesn't have to wonder anymore.When reality strikes,and love comes flying out of the window,what is there left for one? Is love really gone? Can they still rekindle the passion that once they have known? She shook her head,she doesn't know anymore.

She went back to her housework and try to brush away the nagging thoughts.Maybe she is just on her premenstrual cycle,that is why she is feeling down,she thought.She checked the food on the fridge and started to plan what to cook for dinner.She took out the meat in the freezer,so that it will start thawing.

Two hours later,the place is clean,dishes washed,clothes are now in the washer,some are in the dryer,and Hebe can breathe again.She looked at the clock,pretty soon the kids and Jiro will be home.She took a tea kettle and started making tea.It is time for a break,as she sat on one of the stool and the music.At least the music will soothe her tired mind....as her mind drifted...to the happier days....to a place not so long ago..

She have loved Jiro the first time she laid her eyes on him.There was a party in her friends house and yes,he was there.He was not supposed to be there anyway.But then they met,and the attractions was instant.He was handsome ,tall and aptly built. With his good looks and a sense of humor,every girl will fall for him.It must be love at first sight or maybe an attraction that developed into a bigger thing called love.Yes she have loved him,more than anything else in this world.

Jiro was likewise attracted to her.She was beautiful, young,and full of life.She exudes the warmth of a modern woman.She can relate well with people,and was well liked by everybody,even his own Mom,who tends to be choosy.Yes Jiro fell for her hard and true.He does not even know what hit him.Before he knew it,he can't live without her by his side.

Everything seems to fall in the right places.He loves her,she loves him.The parents approved of the relationship.Both are of age and have graduated from college,and what would be the next step but to get married.All of their friends are either married or are also hooking up with somebody,so it is just the right thing to do.

They got married and then kids came.They have Josh,who is ten and then Jared after a year and then her little girl Amanda ,who is six right now.Everything is in the right place.Perfect marriage,perfect kids,and yet ,why does she feel so empty at the end of the day.She should be jumping with joy.Why is she asking for more?...this is her dream,to marry the man that she loves and have a beautiful family.She is blessed,it is a sin to ask for more when some people got none at all.....

Hebe woke up from her thoughts,she finished her tea.She got up and started to prepare dinner.She put the beef in the oven ,and started peeling potatoes and carrots for the ts.She looked at the clock,she have an hour to go.

She went inside their bedroom and caught a glimpse of their wedding picture by the drawer and there she can see their happiness,their smiles as they got married.She stared at his husband,and smiled at herself.He is quite a looker,that is why she fell in love with him...She missed the smile,the jokes that he makes,and yes she missed his kisses.... She did not know that you can miss somebody,even though,you sleep in the same bed.

She took a shower,and dressed up differently today.This time,she is dressed to impress,dressed to catch her husband attention,after all,it has been a while...They have been too busy and too caught up with everything around them,that they almost forgot the most important thing of all.... and that is ,just loving each other.

And then the door opened as Jiro and the kids rushed inside the house.

"Honey,we are home." Jiro said,holding unto their little girl's hand and the boys scrambling to get to their room.

Hebe went out of their bedroom,as she kissed her husband ,and this time,she kissed him on the lips,in view of their children.Jiro was surprise as he gave her a naughty look.

"Uhmm,I kinda missed that" Jiro said."Where is that coming from."as he smiled at her.she smiled back and gave him a come on look,a game they used to play before...

The two boys said in unison"Uhmm,so cheesy,it's a yuck" as they ran to their room.

"Mommy and Daddy is kissing." Amanda said in a song.

Jiro put his arms around his wife,as they laughed.

"Come on,changed your clothes and then dinner will be ready soon." Hebe said."Amanda,you have homework to do?"

"No Mommy,I am done with my homework" Amanda said."So I can watch TV now,before dinner."

"Alright,but change your clothes first and wash up for dinner." Hebe said."So how's work today?" as she looked at her husband.

"Same old thing,nothing new." Jiro said."So what did you do today?"

"What else,you left a mess out here,but clean up." Hebe said. Usually she will start mumbling of the things he forgot to do and of things he didn't do,and that made both of them grumpy at the end of the day."But it is alright.You want to take a shower before dinner.?"

"Yeah,I better ,I might get lucky today." Jiro said as he winked at her.

Hebe laughed at him."You'll never know.You might get lucky tonight."as she pinched him on his side.

And then the Wang family have a quiet dinner together.They watched TV after the kids did their homework.And then by ten o clock,the kids are all tucked in for the night,as Jiro and Hebe closed the door at their bedroom,and the role of being parents are put aside for the night and stepped on for a different role as husband and wife...

Jiro kissed Hebe on the lips,each one knowing how to please each other.The kiss gets longer and as the passion builds up,each one feel the need for each other.As they pull away from each other trying to catch their breath.

"I love you ,Hebe." Jiro said,his voice raspy "And I will never get tired making love to you."

"I love you too,Jiro"Hebe said."Only you,my husband." so she closed her eyes,and Jiro put his lips on her lips once again and as she tasted the sweetness of his kiss once again.How can she forgot this,the very reason of her existence....And yes this is where she belongs,in her husband 's arms.....And yes it is heaven on earth....