One Fine Spring Day

Random Stories,Thoughts and Music

 

 

Ryeowook stepped outside and breath in the fresh air that early springs brings.The sun is up and bright,but it is not enough to thaw the coldness from the past winter.He looked around and saw flowers starting to sprout out from their long winter sleep and their hiding.He smiled to himself.Isn't it only last fall when she was here all bent down trying to plant the bulbs of tulips for the spring time.Time seems to just breeze away and left him at the same where he has always been.In the same spot where she found her and she ,she was all gone now and all he has are all memories of the girl that he used to love.

He looked at his watch and it is almost time to go before he missed his train for the day.Day in and day out he went to the same routine and it seems there will be no changes in his life in the near future.He will still be alone and yes lonely like when she found him.Whatever happiness he found was only short lived for the only happiness that he have known,she took it away with her.

There is nothing new in the office.The same old stuff of books and ledgers.No new faces ,and no new stories to share.Nothing to excite a one restless soul who used to thrive on excitement. and wild life .Where was the Ryeowook that he has known,the wild child and the adventurous one who  once thought that the whole world is under his feet.The unafraid and bold guy who can face anything and everything...When did he started hiding from the truth? And when did he became so afraid to face life,to face her ???

Her letter is still in his pocket,he has read and read it , for the umphteen times and yes he could not understand himself,and he still could not decide whether he is going to see her and face her again...He has been good without her.He is not that happy but he is not that miserable either,unlike when she left him and he has to pick up the pieces of a love lost and broken heart.Why go through that all over again,when you knew that is all over .

America is a thousands miles away from Korea and yet her dreams lies there while his stays here where he was always been.She said that id he loves her enough,he will understand and  follow her ,to  be with her.But he stood his ground,is she wants him enough,she has to give up her dreams and stay with him.Two pulling forces and yes nobody wins ,until they decided to part.There is no use in staying together when you knew that you have to part in the future,She left and he stays and he later learned that she has left Korea to follow her dreams,and now she is a thousand miles away,far beyond his reach...

The letter says she is  coming back from America and she will staying only for a few days,a week the most and she wants to see him.For old times sake or more??/ He doesn't knows.But why  make a ripples out of a sleeping lake?Why can't she just leave him alone in his quiet life.Now her face is all in his thoughts,now he could not think of anything else but her.He has long for that beautiful face,longed to touch it  and longed to kiss her beautiful lips, which he misses so much.He shook the thought as he took a deep breath.No,he is not going to see her.She will come around again to break his heart and this time he doesn't know if he can heal again like the first time.

He looked at his watch as he closes the book in front of him.It is almost six oclock.He needs to walk almost two blocks for his train.His heart is beating fast knowing she could around near him and then he would bnot know what to do with her.Will he smile at her if by chance he meets her along the way.The town that they live in is only small where everybody knows everybody else.They will bound to meet even though he doesn't come around to meet her.

It was almost dark when he reached his town.An almost hour train ride from the city,as he walk slowly.His eyes looking down,instead of looking up afraid to see a familiar face along the way.he is almost there in his home,soon he will be able to breath easy and look up from the ground....as he reached the gate of his home.....

And yet when he looked up...the face that he has been avoiding all this time has been there staring at him and has been waiting for fim.he stared at her,as she tared at him too.Her face is still the same ,just like in his dream,just like in his memory.

"Yoona...what are you doing here?' he asked as he slowly approached his door.

"You are not going to see me.I knew it.But still I tried...I waited for you all day yesterday ." she said

" I don't see the reason ..for it..' he said.

"You need a reason to see me ? You don't want to see me anymore?' she asked her eyes hurting at the knowledge.

" I...do...I ....wanted to see you.But what is the use.You are leaving again,and i will be here,stuck at this place." Ryeowook said."You can't stay and I can't go..as simple as that." as he walked pass her,trying to go inside and close the door,as to build a wall between them.The urge to touch her is getting strong every minute and if he do,he knows he is not going to let her go this time...

"Don't you love me anymore?" Yoona asked,as the tears in her eyes is now visible."I....still love you.I still love you Kim Tryeowook."

He closed his eyes as she spoke the words.What right does she has to say those words? Doesn't she knows that she was hurting him,saying those words."Yoona,even if you say those words and i say that words nothing is gonna changed,you are still gonna be there and i will still be here.Nothing is gonna change between us. we ended the whole thig before,let us just keep it that way." he said as he walk inside and was about to close the door behind her...but he made the mistake of looking in her eyes,and he can see the hurt and the pain,.She was crying ..he is not the only one hurting but she is also hurting...as he took a step towards her  and took her in his arms..as he filled the gap between them...

"I love you too Yoona and has never forgotten you.You are always in my mind everyday.If you only knew." he said.

"Can we start anew ? I am sorry that I have to leave you.But then I realized that I won't be happy without you.You are all that I want and need.' she said.

"So you are not leaving me anymore for real?" as he looked at her and smiled.

Yoona nodded and smiled."That is why I want to see you.I want you back in my life.And this time I am here with you to stay." she said.

And Ryeowook doesn't have tp say anything anymore as he kiss Yoona ...and yes he never knew that his dreams will be fulfilled this very day...one spring day...