Chapter Forty-one: In Laws

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haseul had breakfast with Soojin. It was one of the few instances where she shared a meal with her daughter. Soojin was very sweet as she served her breakfast, sitting beside her so she could easier talk to her. Deep within, Haseul felt bad for missing this scene for years as she neglected her daughter. She wanted to see more of this every day. The two ate their breakfast interspersed with brief snippets of conversation.

“Soeun’s a lucky girl sweetie.” Haseul said as she drank coffee from a mug.

“How so mom?” Soojin asked curious, looking at her mother.

“She has all those fantastic friends who’d do anything for her, Chaewon-ah, Jihyo-ah and the rest. She also has you.” Haseul smiled as she looked at Soojin.

“Soeun-ah is a very kind person. Hyejoo-unnie too. They may not have the best lives for not but they more than make up with it with their sincerity and honesty.” Soojin said.

“Indeed. That’s why I decided that she’d be best for you and not some spoiled rich kid who never worked a day in his life.” Haseul replied with a chuckle.

Soojin leant on her mother’s shoulder and she brushed her hair in return.

“Oh my only girl’s a sugar mommy.” Haseul said laughing classily as she pinched her cheeks.

“Mom!”

“Oh I’m sorry honey, Hyewon-ah filled me in with your group’s inside jokes. I couldn’t help it.” Haseul said struggling to stifle her laughter.

Hyewon-ah’s gonna get more than just a pinch from me later, Soojin thought as she stared at her mother in disbelief. Never had she thought that her stoic and serious CEO mother was capable of making jokes. But moments later, she found herself laughing alongside her. She let Hyewon slide on this one for now.

Over at Yongin, Hyejoo woke up to abrupt chaos. Soeun was there playing games with Hyunjin and Yerim was attempting to pacify their oldest sister’s cats. It was an attempt in vain nonetheless, but Yerim persevered and kept on trying to calm the cats down. Out of the four, Cheddar was the most obedient and Daemon was completely on the other side of the spectrum. She saw that they were playing Breath of the Wild on her Switch which explained the familiar sounds coming from the television. Hyunjin was screaming as the character was being pursued by several monsters which Soeun was in control of.

“Sophie! Look out!” Hyunjin screamed as she jumped about in her wheelchair. Link was on his last heart and Soeun was getting beat by the monster mob. She successfully managed to evade death and run away from the enemy. Hyejoo sat up from her bed to watch her sisters. Yerim managed to pacify Cheddar and Polaris. Daemon was unshakable and he sulked off in the corner.

The four of them had slept in Hyejoo’s room because none of them wanted to leave the others. This motivated Jinsol to expedite the remodeling of her daughter’s rooms. They were inseparable, they had just been reunited a week after sixteen years and neither one would let the other out of their sights as long as possible.

“Soeun-ah you here?” Jungeun asked as she opened the door after a knock.

“Yes mom. I’m here.” Soeun said, looking up from the screen. As she was distracted, a monster snuck up to her and almost killed her. Hyunjin snatched the controller away and managed to save him by an inch.

“Are you free today sweetie?” Jungeun asked. She wanted to bring both Soeun and Hyejoo with her to the mall. She’d like to buy them some stuff they’d like. Jungeun also wanted to take them out to eat.

“Yeah mom, I’m free today.” Soeun answered.

“How bout you Hyejoo-ah?”

“I’m free as well. I left the restaurant to the managers for a couple of days.” Hyejoo answered.

“Wanna come with me to the mall?” Jungeun asked.

“Sure!” Soeun instantly answered followed by Hyejoo’s agreement.

“Mom!” Hyunjin said with pleading eyes.

“Oh of course you two will come along. Lucky Yerim-ah doesn’t have classes today as well.” Jungeun said brushing her eldest’s hair. Hyunjin squealed in glee. She left them for a while to get ready. Each girl had briefly went back to their rooms to change.

Hyejoo put on a pair of black jeans with canvas sneakers and a white shirt topped off with a leather jacket. Soeun wore a similar outfit only she put on her olive drab jacket, the same jacket she was wearing when she met Soojin for the first time. Hyunjin put on a long yellow dress that flows below her knees and a pair of flats, Yerim helped her dress as Hyunjin found it difficult to stand for long periods of time. Yerim was wearing a blouse and jeans with similar shoes as Hyunjin. The four sisters reconvened at Hyejoo’s room where Hyejoo and Jungeun was already waiting.

“Oh, I may have two princes and two princesses here.” Jungeun commented as she saw her children’s outfits. The first two dressed like princesses and the other two dressed like rockstars. They then went down to the waiti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter