Chapter Sixty-eight: Downtime

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A couple of days after the dinner party, Jimin was driving down the main road in downtown Seoul. The bulky Jeep Wrangler stood out from the stream of Infiniti Q35s, BMWs, Toyotas, and Hyundais that constituted most of the vehicles moving to and from in the urban metropolis scurrying about to their various destinations. Moving deftly about the mass of cars and pedestrians, Jimin was able to smoothly weave out of the metropolis and head to the quieter part of Seoul.

The adventurer was heading to Jihyo’s home. Today was her day with Jaehee. Jihyo was going to Hyewon’s to help conceptualize the activities the club will take on in the future. Jimin was going to bring Jaehee to one of Seoul’s museums known for its grand exteriors and impressive interior design. Jimin figured that Jaehee would like the scenery and would have some inspiration for her design plates. Driving to an intersection with a red light, Jimin watched the vehicles in front of her cross the intersection.

She was pleasantly surprised to see a silver-colored Rolls Royce drive across the intersection. Having seen this car numerous times, it seemed all too familiar a sight for Jimin. It was aunt Jungeun’s Royce, perhaps headed to work. Seeing the light turn green, Jimin got into gear and headed for Jihyo’s home.

The rest of the trip went well and was uneventful, pulling in front of Jihyo’s home, Jimin cut the engine and got out of her truck. As she opened the unlocked gate, she saw Jaehee peek out of the window checking who it was. As soon as their eyes met, there was a flurry of rushed footsteps heading to the door.

Swinging wide open, Jaehee gave Jimin a big hug as she jumped in the air. Catching Jaehee, Jimin returned the hug and kissed the top of Jaehee’s pink hair.

“Jiminnie!” Jaehee squealed as she tightened the hug. Jihyo came out to check on her best friend and was stunned to see Jaehee wrapped around Jimin.

“Yah! Jaehee-yah get off Jimin unnie!” Jaehee said as she laughed while playfully tugging at Jaehee’s shirt hem.

“Its alright Jihyo-ah.” Jimin assured Jihyo who in turn invited her in. Jimin carried Jaehee inside and set her down on the couch in the living room. Hyejoo’s old home really changed. It seemed more vibrant with pastel and light colors. Like how a kid’s ice cream parlor would look like. Jimin was impressed with the decoration Jihyo and Jaehee did.

Sitting down beside Jaehee, Jimin asked about her day intent on finding out how her lover finds Seoul.

“Well…it was fun! Jihannie and I went to a nearby convenience store the other day to buy some snacks. That self-heating rice meal thing was neat! Wow!” Jaehee gushed about how cool the city looks.

Jimin listened with great interest. She was happy to find out that Jaehee was adjusting well. The country girl was absolutely shocked to find the impressive array of technological amenities Seoul had. Jimin remembered that Jaehee and her parents did everything traditional back in Sejong.

“Wait till you see the restaurants with no waiters or cooks to be seen.” Jimin chuckled as she brushed a stray lock of Jaehee’s hair. Hearing this caused Jaehee to explode in a burst of excitement and she wanted to visit the restaurant. Chuckling, Jimin agreed and promised that they would pass by on the way to the museum.

Jihyo gave Jimin a glass of fruit juice and sat on the couch beside Jaehee. She had her bag with her as she was going to Hyewon’s for a meeting. Well Soojin’s house really. Hyewon was enamored to living with her cousin. Besides, her parents weren’t due yet for a week.

“Want me to drop you off at Soojinnie’s place?” Jimin asked as she finished drinking the glass of juice proferred. Jihyo declined, thanking Jimin for the gesture. She explained that Hyewon was going to pick her up here.

Nodding, Jimin and Jaehee stood up, ready to leave for their date. Jihyo walked them outside and saw them off as Jimin drove away. Smiling, Jihyo went back inside to wait for Hyewon to arrive.

Soojin was sleeping in today. She had no classes and she would love to have an extra hour of sleep. Recently, she had been at peace lately. Vivi had been visiting regularly ever since the dinner party. She even dropped her mother off during one of their dinner dates together. This had greatly lifted an unseen load off Soojin’s chest.

However, the young lady’s supposed extra hour of sleep was disturbed by vigorous shaking. Eyes fluttering open, Soojin saw Hyewon’s smiling face as she shook her awake.

“What do you want Zoa?” Soojin said sleepily as she tried to process what was happening.

“Well, I’m going to go get Jihannie. I bought Soeun-unnie here to keep you company while I’m gone.” Hyewon explained as she put Soeun’s hand over Soojin’s. Feeling her Soeun’s hand on her, Soojin’s brief bout of irritation disappeared. Rising from her bed, Soojin gave Soeun a hug.

As the couple lay intertwined in each other’s arms Hyewon took this opportunity to push Soeun towards Soojin. This resulted in Soeun laying on top of Soojin and a guffawing Hyewon running out of the room. Soeun turned red as she lay on top of Soojin with their eyes locked together.

Gently moving aside, Soeun asked Soojin if she was okay. Soojin said she was and apologized for Hyewon’s behavior.

“Its alright. I asked her to do something romantic. I didn’t expect it to be that.” Soeun said as she giggled. Soojin laughed along with her as she reached over to wrap Soeun in her arms.

“I love you.” Soojin whispered in Soeun’s ear.

“I know. I love you too.” Soeun replied with a wink.

Cuddling the two lay in each other’s arms, ignoring the world around them.

Meanwhile, Hyewon was sitting in her Benz as they traveled to Jihyo’s house. Suddenly, the young lady thought if she would still be able to return home.

“Wow! This is really neat!” Jaehee said as she watched a conveyor belt ferry the food that they had ordered to their table.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter