Chapter Nine: Club Shopping

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojin was on her way to Soeun’s house. She had offered yesterday to pick up Soeun from here on out. It started when Soeun was late to one of their exams due to heavy traffic and a crowded subway. Luckily, their professor for the subject was considerate and let her take the exam. Soeun was a bit distraught after as they walked down the hall to the next class.

This made Soojin decide to pick her up everyday. It hurts to see Soeun, who’s usually calm and composed become fraught with worry. She knows how Hyejoo cares so much about Soeun’s studies and she cares for Soeun as well. Sitting back, she was messaging back and forth with Soeun as the car idled by on a red light.

Soeun was ready when she heard the deep and guttural revs of Soojin’s car. Hyejoo was cleaning the front when they arrived. Soojin greeted Hyejoo and gave her a hug. She saw Chan-mi and Min-yeong as well, greeting her unnie and her as well when she came into view.

“Ssong-ah… Good morning.” Soojin greeted her and swept her into a hug.

Soeun could almost hear the mental teasing Hyejoo’s gaze was throwing at her. Soeun stifled a grin and went with Soojin, passing by Hyejoo.

“Soeun-ah… You have such a kind girlfriend ehe.” Hyejoo sister as they passed her. The two blushed at the notion and there was Soeun’s dopey grin once more.

The two waved at Hyejoo before getting into the car, she waved back and saw them off before resuming her sweeping.

Soeun was sitting with Soojin in the backseat, she was seating near the door. Soojin scooted scooted close to Soeun and wrapped her arms around her. Startled, Soeun looked around only to find that Soojin’s face was snuggled closely to her with her lips almost grazing her cheek.

“I don’t want you to worry anymore about being late. Especially with that grumpy old man.” Soojin whispered into her ear. After that, she nudged a bit more closer pressing her lips against Ssong’s cheeck. This caused Soeun’s eyes to grow wide in shock.

The old man she was referring to was their economics professor. He had a reputation of being one of the College’s strictest professors. A sample was already made the other day when someone came in a couple of minutes late and he was prohibited from taking the exam.

“Gomawo, Soojinnie.” She managed to stutter out a reply and brushed Soojin’s hair. Soeun’s heartbeat was pounding like a jackhammer. Soojin’s response was to hug Soeun even tighter.

The two remained entangled in each other’s arms until they reached the University’s parking lot. The two separated and got out on the Soeun’s side which was opened by Chan-mi. They then bid goodbye to the two and the car departed as they went up the steps.

Midway walking up the steps, a voice rang out calling the both of them. Turning around, they saw it was Zoa who has just alighted from her emerald green Bentley Continental. She rushed up the steps to catch up to the pair.

“Soojin-unnie! Soeun-unnie!” Zoa greeted them with the proper honorifics. This caused Soojin to have a curious eyebrow raised at her cousin.

“Jihan-ah taught me!” Zoa explained upon seeing the curious look on their faces.

This relieved Soojin of the worry that she’ll be called by Zoa once more and telling her some disaster had occurred once more. She had called her mother a couple of days ago and let her know of the situation with Mr. Kim. Haseul had met with him in person and had explained Zoa’s actions that day, fortunately the two parties had come to an agreement and Hyewon’s ban had been revoked.

Of course if Mr. Kim had refused, mom would have bought him out of the hotel stocks. Soojin thought as she draped her arm over Zoa as they walked up the steps as a trio. She was also glad Zoa and Jihan get along well. It was nice to see her loner cousin hang out with someone.

Today would be an easy day, according to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter