Chapter Seventy: Preparations

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojin looked out at the beach overlooking the hotel room that she and Soeun share. It has been about three weeks since Vivi proposed to her mom and now here they are at the wedding venue. They were on the private resort owned by the family at Jeju Island, booking it completely so that they could have privacy in the momentous occasion.

“Beautiful isn’t it?” Soojin mused as she felt Soeun’s arms wrap around her waist.

The couple was looking at the rising sun as they stood on the veranda. They arrived last night, earlier than the main party as they wanted to make sure that the preparations were going smoothly before Haseul and Vivi arrived about two days later. Hyewon remained at Seoul with Haseul to tend to her needs and so did Chaewon and Heejin with Vivi.

Soojin gazed at the sun slowly peeking out of the horizon. It was too beautiful and she didn’t reach for her phone to capture the moment. These kinds of phenomenon are best stored in memories, she thought as she felt Soeun’s grip tighten. It was indeed a breathtaking moment.

They had spent an hour more lounging on the balcony deck chairs before heading inside for breakfast. Changing into casual clothing, the pair walked to the elevator bay to reach the restaurant located on the ground floor. As Soojin was waiting for the elevator, her phone beeped, signifying a message.

“Soojinnie! Tzuyu and Sana will be arriving there today. Take care! Love you!” It was a message in English from Haseul. Smiling, she typed back a reply and slid the phone back into her purse.

“Aunt Sana and Tzuyu will be coming too!” Soojin excitedly told Soeun and they launched into a cheery celebratory dance. They had loved the couple greatly during their stay in Japan and they were excited at spending time with them.

Breakfast consisted of a nice plate of bacon and eggs with toast. They had washed down the meal with a couple cups of green tea.

“It sure is grand huh baby?” Soeun said as she looked around the result.

“We all wanted this. It means so much for eomma.” Soojin said as she sipped at the last of her tea.

“Soojinnie. If you don’t mind me asking, where’s your dad?” Soeun asked.

“Dad… like mom’s old husband? I never met him honestly. The only thing I knew about them was that mom suffered a lot when she was still with him. Minyeong-unnie told me that they had a very messy divorce. He…is the reason why eomma became how she is back then. You know what I mean.” Soojin calmly explained.

“That’s why it was such a big deal for you when you found your mom was dating again.” Soeun replied and Soojin answered with a nod.

The wedding venue was going to be at the beach. The organizers consulted with meteorologists so that by the time the wedding concludes the sun would be right above them. This extraordinary measure was suggested by the only daughter herself signifying the start of a new life in sync with the start of the new day. This had of course been approved by the guests and the couple, remarking that it was an incredibly powerful gesture for the wedding.

“The wedding would end in a similar scene earlier right Soojinnie?” Soeun asked as they strolled through the beach.

“Yeah, by this time we’ll be eating breakfast at the hotel.” Soojin replied.

“With your new daddy.” Soeun giggled as she playfully elbowed Soojin.

The part of the beach where the wedding will take place has already been cordoned of by the staff and they were in the middle of preparing the venue. One of the supervisors saw them and let them in, paying respects to the two ladies.

Soojin went over the venue, checking everything. She wanted the wedding to be perfect to the extent that she had hired three of the best wedding coordinators in all of South Korea for her mother’s event. Soeun played the faithful personal assistant, tagging along behind Soojin carrying her bag and checklist for her. Finding everything to be alright, Soojin left with Soeun. They were going to fetch Sana and Tzuyu at the resort’s helipad. The couple had offered their assistance with the wedding hence their earlier arrival than the other guests. They walked with an eager step as they were excited to meet the couple once more.

“I wish we’d be like Sana-unnie someday.” Soojin said as they walked to the waiting caddy.

“Trust me. We will.” Soeun assured her as she helped Soojin into the passenger seat. Getting on the driver’s seat herself, she drove for the helipad.

Back at Seoul, Vivi was chatting with Heejin and Chaewon as they sat at the salon. Vivi wanted to have her hair treated so she’d look her best for the big day. She was too scared to go herself as she didn’t really indulge in these things back then so she brought Heejin and Chaewon along to have their hair treated as well. A treat in some sorts.

“Hey auntie, are you ready?” Heejin asked as their hair was being shampooed in preparation.

“Yeah. Nervous, but I can do it. I just… I get so nervous when I’m with Haseul. She’s so pretty! I mean look at her.” Vivi rattled on. Heejin chuckled and understood what her aunt was saying. Haseul’s clean and sharp sense of fashion along with her classy mannerisms were truly something that would turn the head of any man or woman. That wasn’t even considering her natural beauty that truly hinted where Soojin got her looks from.

Chaewon was peacefully scrolling through her phone as her hair was being washed when a message from Hyejoo popped up. Raising an eyebrow, she opened the message. She was surprised to see her Wolf message her at this time and day, she knew she had work t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter