Chapter Seventy-one: New Beginnings

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The wedding day was near and Soojin was expecting the others to arrive any moment today. Sana had did an impeccable job with the flower arrangements for the table’s centerpieces and the bridal bouquet. Tzuyu’s supervision incredibly increased the efficiency at which the preparations were made. Together with the coordinators and the staff, the group managed to make the wedding venue something magical.

The combination of the natural setting the beach vista offered was further enhanced by the simply yet intricate designs the team had made. The flowers placed on the centerpieces of each table would greatly add to the ambiance. Sana really chose the flowers that could greatly help set the mood for the reception.

Back at Seoul, the wedding celebrants and the guests are slowly filing into the yacht. The celebrants went in first, Jungeun had to separate the two of them for the time being as they were almost glued to each other. Jinsol remained outside as she guided the kids onto the vessel.

“Steady Jihyo dear, just look at me.” Jinsol cooed as she helped Jihyo onto the yacht. The child was a bit unsettled by the continuous rocking of the vessel. Eventually, she was able to get on board. Jungeun took her into one of the cabins.

Jinsol went on to help the other kids get on. Jimin and Jaehee didn’t have any issue with getting on. The same went for the others, save for Chaewon who nearly fell into the Marina because of a misstep she took on the gangplank.

“Eomma and appa will be able to attend, aunt Jinsol.” Chaewon happily reported as she stood safely on the main deck of the yacht. Delighted, Jinsol told the captain to wait for two more guests. After making sure that the kids were safely inside the cabin, Jinsol went out to wait for Chaewon and Jimin’s parents to arrive.

Sooyoung and Jiwoo eventually arrived in an ivory white Jaguar. Jinsol recognized the couple from their family dinner awhile back. She also recounted that the couple was an extremely busy pair. This made Jinsol appreciate their presence more. Approaching the couple, she gave them a hug each.

“Oh Jinsol! How are you? Its been quite long.” Sooyoung said. She had been away for a couple of months on several business endeavors. Jinsol answered that everything was fine.

“How about our daughters?” Jiwoo chided in and they all had a hearty laugh at the matter.

“They are doing fantastic.” Jinsol said as they walked to the waiting vessel while a crew member carried the luggage the couple had. Inside, they had settled in nicely with the kids.

Haseul was sitting on the foot of her bed in her cabin, Jungeun is standing beside her as she listened to her friend gush about the upcoming events. Each of them had their own cabins but they had all decided to let the kids stay in the biggest cabin inside the yacht. It’d be easier to check on them if need be.

“It would be magical right Jungie?” Haseul said, finally finishing her tirade.

“Of course. It’s going to be your day, so don’t think about anything else save for Vivi okay?” Jungeun said as she sat beside Haseul. She could feel her friend’s sheer excitement as she sat beside her.

Haseul opened her clutch bag and brought out her wallet. Inside the wallet was a couple of photos. They were all photos of Soojin throughout her life. The oldest one was Soojin’s photo when she was about five years old or so. The newest was a photo of her and Soojin taken during the dinner party thrown for Vivi.

“Didn’t know you’d have such a collection.” Jungeun said as she looked at the photos.

“These kept me company during those trips.” Haseul said as she flipped through each photo.

“Be there for her this time okay? Its not yet too late.” Jungeun said as she affectionately put a hand on her friend’s shoulder.

“I will Jungie. This time there’ll be two of us cheering for her.” Haseul said as she looked out the window, they were beginning their voyage.

Jinsol had finished checking the passengers and making sure that they were okay. She had then been notified by the first mate that the yacht will sail soon. Nodding, Jinsol estimated that they will arrive at Jeju in about six hours. Just in time with a little bit to spare, she thought as she watched the waves gently caress the yacht’s ivory white hull.

Vivi was spending time with her niece inside their own cabin. Much like Haseul, Vivi is a nervous wreck and had threw Heejin one too many questions that she herself could not answer. Heejin wasn’t married yet after all. The flustered intern tried to answer the questions as best she can.

“Well…it largely depends on who wakes up first I guess? Maybe you and aunt Haseul can work out a schedule?” Heejin said after being asked by Vivi about who’s going to make breakfast for the family.

“Oh wait, they have a personal chef. I don’t think you’ll be cooking much over there auntie.” Heejin corrected herself after realizing that Soojin lives in a household where you pretty much have a staff member for pretty much every chore there is.

Vivi chuckled at her niece, deciding to give her a break. She leaned back on the bed. In all honesty, Vivi was still nervous. This was a new chapter in her life and she would be going in virtually clueless about how married life is.

“Just relax auntie. Its not a test or something. I’m sure you and auntie Haseul would learn how to live with each other’s habits and behavior. It’ll be alright.” Heejin said as she answered the door.

A crew member handed her a covered tray, saying it was snacks for the two of them. Thanking the man, Heejin went back inside and shared the food with her aunt. Eating would take her mind off of things.

Jimin was looking out the window with Jaehee beside her. She didn’t take much marine travel during her globe-trotting as it was too tedious for her. Today she learned that sometimes, slow and tedious works out well. Especially in the company of friends and family.

“Oh Jiminnie, what’s that big boat?” Jaehee said as she pointed over to the horizon. There was a big black-hulled ship moored out in the distance.

“I think that’s an oil tanker. It carries oil from the Middle East or wherever to here. The oil is then processed into gasoline which is then used for cars and stuff.” Jimin explained. Jaehee nodded in understanding. It was such a big vessel, she reckoned. The ship might even fit several yachts of this size.

“You sure do know a lot Jimin-ah.” Jaehee complimented her which made her turn into a slight shade of red upon hearing it.

“Oh no, I just see a lot of stuff on my travels.” Jimin said, brushing off the compliment that undeniably sent her heart beating a tad too faster than normal.

“When will you be traveling next?” Jaehee asked.

“I don’t know really, but I’d like the next trip to be with you.” Jimin said which sent Jaehee blushing off to the corner, much akin to her reaction moments earlier.

Over at Jeju, Soojin was going over the final few rechecks with the coordinators. Soeun was with Sana and Tzuyu as they made final checks to the venue and everything that will be needed for the wedding. The priest had already been flown in earlier and is now staying in one of the hotel rooms. Lawyers that will legalize the marital proceedings arrived on the island a couple of hours ago. Normally, such legal actions needed in a wedding ends in the signing of a marriage contract. But marrying into a high-profile family such as Haseul’s requires a bit more preparations than that. Most of the needed preparations pertain to Vivi’s inclusion in the family fortune as well as other financial and corporate concerns.

Soeun arrived at the supply docks and parked the caddy. Getting out, she and Sana went to the approaching barge. Tzuyu went to the dock supervisor to get the needed papers the two might need. The barge carried one of Jinsol’s luxury sedans, a Mercedes-Benz SLK 65 AMG. This car would serve as the bridal car for Haseul’s arrival to the venue.

Docking safely, the dockhands went to work in securing the vessel to the quay and the workers went to work in unlatching the vehicle from the cargo hold. Soeun got the keys from one of the workers and got in the car. She would drive it to shore with Sana acting as a guide.

“Slowly, slowly, okay. Perfect! Its on the dock now!” Sana said as she guided the vehicle onto the concre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter