Chapter Fifty: Introductions

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a busy day for Jinsol’s family. They were getting ready for a social event later at the Millennium Hilton Seoul. One of the hotels owned by Jinsol. All day, stylists and hairdressers were going in and out of the family’s estate, closely monitored by the security personnel. Jinsol herself was walking around, supervising the undertaking. She wanted to everything to be as close to perfect as they can get. The best stylists and hairdressers were booked for the day and they were to prepare the family for the night’s event.

But in all honesty, they didn’t have to do that much. Jinsol and Jungeun were naturally beautiful and needed only minimal makeup to enhance their already charming looks. The same could be said for their children. The couple was dressed in beautiful red and blue gowns that showed off their beauty even more. They also wore their hair down and Jungeun had her hair treated to be as lush and full as it can be. Jinsol opted for a more wavy look to her hair.

Hyejoo and Soeun looked gorgeous and handsome at the same time, their strong masculine aura and mannerisms were further augmented by the three piece suits they both wore. Hyejoo’s vest was grey which perfectly complemented her obsidian black jacket. Soeun wore an overall white suit which suited her well. They both looked like ravishing heartthrobs that could make man or woman look in their direction as they walked by.

Yerim wore a purple ball gown and wore her hair up in a high bun, which was complemented by a platinum tiara perched perfectly around her bun. Hyunjin wore a canary yellow gown complete with matching white silk gloves, her hair was up in a bun similar to Yerim’s. Thanks to Heejin, Hyunjin could now stand in prolonged durations with a cane. She had practiced since they came back from Sejong to prepare. Hyunjin would go with a golden-ivory cane to complement her outfit and so she could stand alongside her sisters.

Jinsol admired her children and could not help but be overwhelmed with emotion. Each had their own assets and features, especially the triplets who might look similar but they were completely unique from each other.

“My handsome and beautiful children.” Jinsol said as she watched from her spot with Jungeun.

“Hyejoo and Soeun look so charismatic right hon?” Jungeun said, sitting beside her. Jinsol heartily agreed, Hyejoo and Soeun look so charismatic. Overflowing with it. She gave the two a lecture about staying faithful to one’s partners, doing the same with her two daughters. Jinsol trusted them all but she doesn’t want to hear that one of her children cheated on their significant others. For Jinsol, loyalty was everything.

“Oh relax, do you see how crazy Sophie is over Soojin?” Jungeun said.

“Yeah, so was Haseul’s ex-husband.” Jinsol said.

Jungeun fell silent hearing that. Jinsol had a point, a solid point. Haseul’s former husband, they didn’t even want to say his name. They promised their best friend that they’d never utter the cursed man’s name again. He was head over heels in love with Haseul and they soon had a child, that was Soojin. As Haseul was pregnant, her husband became more distant with her.

Eventually, Jinsol found out that her husband was sleeping around. Jinsol and Haseul caught them in the act, in one of Jinsol’s hotels no less! Jungeun wanted to throw the man off the balcony but Dae-woo managed to restrain her in time before she kicked the man off the ledge. He was arrested and convicted of adultery. Haseul spent the next decade clearing out his name from every single record the family held. Their photos were burned, everything that he gave her went into the pyre as well.

Everything except Soojin who was a newborn child by then.

The incident crushed Haseul dearly. She resorted to working tireless and toiling to expand her corporate empire. She worked day and night in an effort to drown the pain. Their cheerful and bubbly best friend became cold and uncaring with an obsession for perfection. She became reserved and ruthless, willing to decimate anyone and everyone that stood between her and her goal.

She remembered the night Haseul was drunk in their office one night when the kids were at Sejong.

“Ging Nip-ah! I remembered seeing Soeun care for Soojin so much. I-I realized I was wrong and not everyone that loves are snakes. I felt so envious and happy at the same time. It was truly an eye-opener. I made my only child detest me… I feel so horrible.” Haseul slurred as she wept in Jungeun’s arms. She only calls her Ging Nip when she’s drunk or if she was picking a fight back in their college days.

“You’ll find yours Haseul-ah.” Jinsol consoled her best friend while subtly pushing the whiskey away. She had enough.

“I don’t care about myself. Just let…let Soojin have the life she deserves.” Haseul said as she drifted in and out from slumber.

Haseul was knocked out cold and woke up with a terrible headache the following day. She then joined the couple in Jungeun’s ranch. They played Polo and rode horses for the day, culminating in a little hot pot feast.

As Hyunjin was getting her hair done, a courier arrived at the gate. He had a parcel for Hyunjin and she cleared the truck through. Dae-woo received the package and signed its receipt before handing the box to Hyunjin. Inside the box was a tailor-made doctor’s coat with Heejin’s name sewn above its pocket. There was also a stethoscope with Heejin’s name engraved on it.

“Oh? A gift for Doctor Heejin?” Jungeun said, draping her arm over Hyunjin.

“Mmm mmm! Its her birthday today!” Hyunjin said as she transferred the contents into another special black box, folding the coat neatly as she put it inside. Tying a neat ribbon over the box.

Over at Gangnam, Haseul was brushing Soojin’s hair as she sat infront of her dresser.

“Ready baby? Are you excited?” Haseul asked her child.

“Yeah, its Soeun’s big day!” Soojin said.

Hyewon was with her today, finally. She was beside her as she picked out an outfit to wear for tonight’s event. Soojin remembered Jihyo and Jaehee and she asked Hyewon if they were ready for tonight. Hyewon said yes and she’d swing by later. As usual, Soojin thought. She couldn’t blame Hyewon really, she was the same if not greater with Soeun.

They were all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter