Chapter Forty: Moving Day

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyejoo watched as the movers hefted and hauled the packed boxes into the back of the van. Soeun was over at Jihyo’s helping her pack her belongings Hyewon helped as well. Hyejoo got a bigger moving truck going towards Jihyo’s place to pick up her stuff.

Hyejoo only took their personal things and left the furniture and other appliances for Jihyo to use. Steam cleaning the bed and closets and clearing out the bathroom supplies for their personal stuff was all that’s left to be done. She packed Guruem’s bowls and doggie toys, placing it in the van. Going through the house one more time to double check the things. Hyejoo was sure that everything inside the van.

“Its okay. Everything’s inside now.” Hyejoo conferred with the movers and they set off to her new address in Yongin. She remained there to wait for Jihyo and the others, she wanted to hand the keys herself. Going inside to walk through the once one more time, Hyejoo took in all of the things she had worked so hard for all those years.

“A new owner will be here soon. She’ll take care of you don’t you worry.” Hyejoo said as she trailed her hand over the hardtop kitchen counter.

“Thanks for everything.” Hyejoo said as she closed the front door one last time.

She waited outside to wait for them, leaning against the gate post.

Jihyo’s moving truck arrived after half an hour. It was followed by Soojin’s Benz who pulled behind the truck. A bubbly Jihyo came running toward Hyejoo.

“Hyejoo-unnie!” Jihyo greeted Hyejoo with a tight hug.

“Thank you so much! I don’t know how to repay you.” Jihyo said with eyes twinkling.

“You’re a good friend to me and Soeun-ah, that’s more than enough. I’d rather give the house to someone I trust than sell it to a stranger.” Hyejoo said as she handed the keys to Jihyo, ruffling her hair after.

Jihyo gave her a tight hug once more as the movers prepared to unload the boxes. Jihyo went in with the others, followed by Hyejoo.

“Oh? Where’s your Soojinnie?” Hyejoo asked after realizing Soojin was missing.

“She’s at Sky Park with her mom. She’s really making up to her unnie. She lent us her car and driver so we didn’t have to take the cab.” Soeun said.

Haseul was doing everything she can, she had even rebooked all of her appointments a month later to ensure that there would be no disturbances with her time with Soojin.

“That’s good. Our families are finally being pieced together.” Hyejoo said as sthey went inside.

Jihyo was walking around the house, still processing that this cute bungalow was actually hers.

“Soeun-ah, you guys are moving too right?” Jihyo asked as she sat on the couch.

“Yep, to our family in Yongin.” Soeun said as she bought the canned soda she got on the way here. Handing one to Jihyo, she sat down as well and got her own.

“That’s nice. Wait Yongin? Like the super-classy neighborhood?” Jihyo asked.

“Yep. Turns out our mom and dad are bigshot CEOs. Dad owns Lotte and Mom owns Korean Air.” Soeun answered.

“Wow! I’m happy for the both of you!” Jihyo said surprised at the revelation. She was too busy the past weeks in the Literature Club that’s why she didn’t catch the news.

“Come by soon. We’d love to have you there. Oh and here kid.” Hyejoo said as she handed an envelope to Jihyo.

She gingerly peeled the lid up and got the paper inside.

It was a receipt.

A receipt stating that all of her college bills were fully paid.

Jihyo wept at what she read. She knew how hard her parents worked at Sejong to pay her bills and tuition. Now all of those was suddenly off their shoulders. Hyejoo told Jinsol yesterday when they got home about her plan. It included giving Jihyo the house and paying her college fees. Jinsol had already agreed to Hyejoo’s proposition before she finished, immediately calling one of her accountants and instructing her to fully pay the academic fees of a certain Han Jihyo of SNU. Earlier morning, Hyejoo already had the receipt in her hand as she tucked it into an envelope.

“Unnie!” Jihyo managed to say before she was hugged by the two sisters. Hyewon joined in the hug after finishing the macaroons she was eating.

“I owe you a lot Hyejoo-unnie.” Jihyo said as she cried into her shoulder.

“Nah kid, you don’t owe us anything. You’re a good friend.” Hyejoo said wiping her tears away.

They had then helped Jihyo unpack her boxes. Hyewon volunteered to stay for the night to help her fully unpack the stuff she bought. Luckily most of Jihyo’s appliances were owned by her landlady, thus she finally owned her own appliances along with the house.

“I already told the neighbors about you, they’ll keep an eye out. Don’t worry.” Hyejoo said as she shelved Jihyo’s folded clothes into their cabinet. She and Soeun had made this six years ago, she could remember the thrill they felt when it was finally up. No longer would their clothes be in boxes or plastic bags, it now had a real home.

After most of the bulk were unpacked, Soeun and Hyejoo bid goodbye to Jihyo and Hyewon. They needed to go to their new house to unpack their stuff. As if on clockwork, their ride home was here. Jihyo saw them off, promising to come by their new place soon.

A silver Rolls-Royce pulled up outside with the chauffeur waiting for them beside the opened door. Soeun gave Jihyo a quick hug before they went off. Hyejoo took one last long at their old house, the next time she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter