Chapter Thirty-seven: Reconciled

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyejoo took a cab back to Jinsol’s house. As she walked through the driveway, she realized that the house also belongs to her and Soeun. The guards bowed deeply as she passed by, apparently Jinsol had already informed them of who she was.

Yesterday they had taken a short trip to the hospital for the DNA test before her parents dropped her off at home. Soeun was at Jihyo’s dorm probably throwing pillows at Soojin or someone else. Jinsol had asked the hospital’s medical director to expedite the process as it was a very important for the family. Understanding, the medical director had promised the results in 24 to 48 hours using the hospital’s new testing equipment allowing for faster results and high accuracy.

“Baby! You should have called me sweetie! You had to take a cab, oh come here darling.” Jinsol said as she jogged out the door, seeing Hyejoo walking up the driveway.

“Its okay appa. I don’t mind. I needed time to take in things anyways.” Hyejoo said as she hugged Jinsol.

Taking her hand, the two walked inside the house. Jungeun emerged from the elevator with Hyunjin.

“Good morning young miss.” A burly man greeted Hyejoo as he came from the west wing of the mansion.

“Good morning to you too.” Hyejoo said.

“Oh baby this is Dae-woo. Our head of security, he’ll be looking after you and Soeun as well from now on.” Jinsol said gesturing to Dae-woo who bowed deeply in respect.

“Yes miss. As of the moment I have a team watching your residence from a safe distance.” Dae-woo reported.

“Why? Are we in danger appa?” Hyejoo asked Jinsol, surprised at the revelation.

“No sweetie. Its just that… the incident was a deliberate attempt to eliminate your eomma and all of us in the process. I… We don’t want to take any more chances.” Jinsol explained.

“Ah… its okay I get it. Now I know why the guards outside look ready for war.” Hyejoo said with a chuckle.

“Your humor hasn’t lost in touch despite all these years young miss.” Dae-woo commented. Hyejoo looked puzzled at the comment.

“He was your Karate instructor way back dear.” Jungeun said as she and Hyunjin drew closer to the trio. They had ate breakfast together. After that, Hyejoo went up to play with Hyunjin and her pets.

Jimin was playing volleyball with Heejin at her apartment’s rooftop court. It was the intern’s day off and Jimin had someone to spend time with. After a strenuous match, the two had rested on the bench nearby.

“Hyejoo-ah is with her parents now right?” Jimin said as she drank Gatorade.

“Yep, just yesterday. They looked so happy all three of them. Soeun can’t go yet, Hyejoo wanted to be extra sure. But from what I saw last night, they were indeed family. I mean dude Hyunjin recognized Hyejoo and she had never ever saw her since they were separated.” Heejin went on to describe how the three sisters were yesterday.

“I’m happy that Hyejoo-unnie finally has someone to rely to. Dude I hope she won’t have to work another day in her life man. She deserves the rest.” Jimin said, relieved at her friend’s reunion with her family. Chaewon told her how Hyejoo worked to raise Soeun by herself. Now that she was with her family, Hyejoo deserves to do anything she wants.

“Hey, Heekie. I saw something in lil Gosang’s binder last night.” Jimin said calling Heejin by her childhood nickname.

“Oh what?”

“A polaroid of her and Hyejoo.” Jimin said, Heejin knew about that photo as she had also accidentally uncovered that.

“Ah. Yeah I get it dude.” Jimin said after she saw the knowing look Heejin gave her. As long as Gosang’s happy, Jimin thought as she and Hyejoo walked to the staircase.

Soeun concluded her presentation to an applause given by the board of judges. She was thrilled at the reaction of her professors at the presentation she had made. She had labored last night to make changes and go over the papers a couple of more times making sure that everything was in place. Soeun did all this as she fought off pillows thrown by her kids.

“Very well done miss Park!” One of the judges complimented her presentation.

The judges were amazed at how well made the presentation was for a freshman student. It incorporates the needed technicalities and business concepts needed while appealing to a wide target market that would surely rake in profits. Four of the five judges gave a perfect ten. The last judge, a seething firebrand, gave Soeun a 9.5. Nevertheless, she was over the clouds.

Bowing deeply, she received her score card from the head judge. After that, she got her computer and went out the audio-visual room, passing by the incoming presenter.

Soojin was sitting outside, twiddling her thumbs in excitement. Seeing Soeun, she almost ran to her.

“How did it go?!” Soojin said, clearly excited as she gripped Soeun’s hands.

“I got a 9.9!” Soeun exclaimed handing Soojin her score card.

The couple hugged and jumped around in glee, celebrating their achievement. Soeun even surpassed Soojin’s score of 9.7. It was the highest score before Soeun presented.

A woman from the Dean’s office had approached Soeun, gently tapping on her shoulder she asked if she was indeed Park Soeun. Soeun nodded and said that she was.

“Please see Dean Kim later at twelve noon, thank you.” The woman cheerily relayed her boss’s message and carried on her way, going back to the way she came.

“Oooh baby! It might be an award or something!” Soojin whispered as they watched the woman round the corner.

Maybe it was an award, Soeun thought as they walked to the Liberal Studies building where Jihyo and Hyewon were having their term paper defense. Luckily, visitors were allowed inside the presentation proper. They could support their kids.

Over at Yongin, Hyejoo and Hyunjin was listening to Jinsol sing while Jungeun played the piano. Hyunjin was nibbling at yet another stick of garlic bread as she looked in awe at her parents.

“Eomma and appa are amazing.” Hyejoo said as she watched.

“Yep! Appa would always sing me to sleep whenever I had nightmares…back then.”

Knowing what the last words meant to the both of them, Hyejoo gently gripped Hyunjin’s knee.

“Its over now unnie. I’m back. Soon Sophie will be too.” Hyejoo assured her eldest sister.

Hyejoo learned from Jinsol that she was the youngest among the triplets. She was surprised at this as she was used to being Soeun’s unnie. The eldest one in the house. Now, she was adjusting to calling Hyunjin and Yerim unnie.

“Ah yes, baby do you wanna see your old room?” Jungeun said remembering the offer she made last night. The trip

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter