Chapter Sixty-six: Meet The Daughter

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kahei looked at Soojin endearingly. Breaking away from the hug, she brushed Soojin’s hair affectionately.

“Vivi eomma, come visit the house later okay? I’ll have the staff prepare dinner.” Soojin said as they held hands. Vivi was surprised at this, but she was sort of expecting it. She knew Haseul and Soojin went to the Jung Estate when their daughters’ relationship was formally recognized by their respective families.

“Sure thing Soojin-ah. What time would be appropriate?” Vivi asked. Soojin then told her to come by at around eight in the evening. Vivi assured her that she would be there by eight tonight. They then walked to the couch, Soojin needed to be at school in an hour or so. Vivi told Soojin to wait for her to get ready so they could leave together. Nodding, Soojin watched Vivi go inside her room and then Soojin looked at the various certificates hanging on the wall.

Academic certificates covered almost an entire segment of wallspace. There were no photos of herself or family on the walls. In fact, the only thing hanging that wasn’t a framed certificate was the 52” LED TV. Seeing this sort of reminded Soojin of her mother’s office. Similarly decorated with her mother’s academic achievements and ornate paintings. However, the only thing that stood out was the framed photo of her and Haseul leaning daintily on her grand desk. The photo was taken after one of Soojin’s horse riding lessons hence, she was decked in riding gear when the photo was shot.

Vivi came out a few minutes later dressed in her usual turtleneck and lab coat outfit that she always wore to the hospital. Soojin stood up and walked with her to the elevators.

“Did you come by car dear?” Vivi asked as they stood at the elevator bay, waiting for the car to come.

“Yes eomma. I drove by myself.” Soojin answered, she clung to Vivi’s arm which made the doctor’s heart flutter.

Vivi could still not get used to someone calling her mother. But considering her relationship with Haseul and their growing bond with Soojin, she had to learn.

“I see… I’ll just follow your car to make sure you get to school safely okay?” Vivi told a surprised Soojin.

“Eomma its okay. You’ll be late for work.” Soojin told Vivi.

“Oh… I don’t mind. Its just for a few minutes.” Vivi told Soojin as they walked into the elevator car.

“After all, a parent is supposed to make sure their child is safe right?” Vivi added as she looked at Soojin.

Soojin gave another hug to her new mother as they rode the elevator all the way to the underground parking. They got in their respective vehicles and Vivi signalled for Soojin to go on ahead. Soojin did so and she started her Maybach and slowly peeled out of the parking space, rubber squealing against the smooth concrete. Vivi followed Soojin in her BMW when her new daughter got a good distance from her.

Smoothly gliding out of her parking space, Vivi then moved out of her slot. Closing the gap with Soojin, she maintained a convoy-like gait so other cars wouldn’t get in the middle of them. Vivi watched Soojin as she drived, following her closely.

For a moment, Vivi thought of Haseul. Was she protective of Soojin? Vivi smiled as she recalled Soojin’s personal staff, she had answered her own question by herself. Dear me, love has got you asking too many obvious questions, Vivi thought to herself as she followed the Maybach’s tail lights.

Meanwhile over at SNU, Soeun was leaning on the side of her Maybach. Soojin wasn’t here yet, however she had called earlier telling her that she would be late for a few minutes. Soeun decided to wait for Soojin to come. Eventually, Jihyo and Hyewon arrived along with Jaehee.

“Appa? Where’s eomma?” Jihyo asked as she got off Jimin’s Jeep. Soeun gave a wave to Jimin who waved back as she drove off. Soeun answered that Soojin was still on the way to school as she had been somewhere important. Jihyo decided to wait together with Soeun, the other two agreed and joined the wait.

Moments later, Chaewon arrived in her jet black Tesla. She was struck curious by the small congregation amassed by her friends. Getting out of the car, she asked what was going on.

“Soojin eomma isn’t here yet.” Jihyo answered for the group. Chaewon nodded and indeed there was a missing automobile in their spot. Joining the group, she leant on the back of Soeun’s car.

About half an hour later, another identical Maybach pulled into the University’s parking lot. Noticeably, it was tailed by a BMW. Chaewon recognized the vehicle to be the one that aunt Vivi drove. The one given by Haseul during one of the hospital’s stockholder meetings. The group noticed that the vehicle’s blinkers flashed thrice before it turned the corner towards Samsung Medical.

Soojin popped out of the vehicle as soon as the engine switched off. Soeun came by and gave Soojin a hug while walking her to the group of friends waiting for her. Jihyo and Hyewon rushed to give her a hug, apparently missing the both of them so much.

“We missed you eomma!” Jihyo said as she wrapped her arms around Soojin who hugged back.

“Chaewon unnie took care of us.” The tall Hyewon said as she regaled Soojin with tales of their mini escapades during their vacation in Japan. Soojin was amazed to learn that Chaewon had treated the three of them to the movies and had shown Jaehee aro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter