Chapter Eighty-seven: Captive

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojin was jostling and tumbling on a hard surface. A floor of a vehicle perhaps for Soojin could hear the roar of an engine. She was unfamiliar with the vehicle but judging from the sound, she thought it was a truck. Her mind was still hazy and she struggled to grapple with her thoughts and reorient herself to what was happening.

Then everything came rushing down on her. Everything that had happened in the past few hours came crashing down onto her. Overwhelming thoughts and memories.

She was kidnapped.

Min-yeong unnie is gone.

Soeun was probably in grave danger as well.

Recalling all of these sent Soojin screaming and kicking all around her. She was crying and screaming for help. One of her kicks made contact with something that felt human and Soojin heard a painful yelp. Moments later, two pairs of strong hands held her down as a zipping sound emanated, locking her legs and arms in place.

“What do you want from me? I have money! Please just let me go!” Soojin said, begging to be set free. If money was what these people wanted, she has lots of those.

“Quiet. Someone wants to see you.” One of the men gruffly told her.

Soojin’s mind was scrambling right now. If these people did not want money, she was in for big trouble. She knew that most motives that go past money involve revenge. If she does not escape, it might be the end for her. As she thought, another puzzling thought came to her.

Who wanted to talk to her? She doesn’t have enemies as far as she’s aware of.

But Soojin had one. Slowly realizing it, Soojin knew who wanted to see her.

Her father, Seon-jung.

It had to be him!

All of a sudden, the sack over her head was roughly taken off. The van’s interior light flooded into Soojin’s eyes and she took a moment to adjust. A few seconds later, Soojin saw a man wearing body armor sit in front of her. He had a wide, devious grin on her face. A face that was familiar to her.

“Seon-jung! What do you want from me?!” Soojin screamed into the man’s face which made him laugh.

“I’m not Seon-jung, lady. I’m Jung-su.” The man laughed.

Infuriated, Soojin demanded to know who he was and why was he doing this.

“I don’t know really. My brother may know. Ask him later.” Jung-su said with a maniacal laugh.

Soojin felt weak. There were two of them? She slumped in defeat at the sudden realization of how grave her situation is. Jung-su laughed some more, taunting Soojin that her mother never told her anything about her father. He even feigned being hurt that Soojin was unaware that she had an uncle.

“Vivi appa doesn’t have siblings. She’s an only child.” Soojin defiantly said.

Not recognizing the name, Jung-su raised his brow as he chuckled at Soojin.

“Vivi? Who the heck is that?” Jung-su said and one of his men whispered to him.

“Oh! Kahei, the doctor! Such a shame that her guards were too good. She’d have been like that old assistant of yours if they had acted just a second too late.” Jung-su said as he let out a maniacal laugh.

Soojin enraged, spat at Jung-su as she screamed at him, telling him that he had no right to talk about her Min-yeong. Two men held Soojin down to prevent her from lunging at Jung-su. At the moment, Soojin wanted to tear out Jung-su’s throat, by her teeth if she has to.

Rising from the van’s bench, Jung-su swung a fist at Soojin, landing squarely on her face, Soojin out. Crumbling into a heap, the unconscious lady was tied to the bench to restrain her for the remainder of the trip. They had also placed a blindfold over her eyes.

Scoffing, Jung-su pulled out his phone as he wiped his face clean.

“Hyung, I got her. No, just her, I had to kill everyone else. Oh, and hyung? Your kid’s a real tigress.” Jung-su said into the phone as he conversed with his twin brother, Seon-jung.

In a hidden location somewhere to the south, Seong-jung was looking out towards the window as he conversed with his twin brother. As he talked on the phone, his free hand had unconsciously gone up to the scar tissue marring his face. Hearing that Soojin was successfully acquired, he allowed a small smile to inch across his face despite the stinging pain it caused.

“Well, Haseul, look who’s laughing now.” Seon-jung said with a guttural chuckle.

The van had driven into a nondescript warehouse. Despite being nestled into the urban surroundings, no one could suspect that something sinister was unfolding inside the warehouse. The shutter doors rolled up, allowing the van to slide into the warehouse.

Soojin felt the tug of brakes and the silencing of the engine. A few seconds after that, the back doors were opened and a pair of hands tugged at her feet. Alarmed, Soojin began thrashing again, kicking and wagging her feet. Not long after, a rifle hit her square in the face, causing her to curl up in pain. The pacified state she was in made the captors easier to bring her inside their hideout. Soojin could see stars as she lay on the van’s floor, struggling to stay conscious.

Lifted into the air, Soojin tried to remember how many turns they had made, in which direction, and for how long they kept walking straight. This might come in handy if a chance to escape presents itself.

A set of doors opened, its steel hinges creating an unpleasant creaking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter