Chapter Thirty: Hyunjin

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been about a week since Hyunjin became Dr. Kahei’s patient. Heejin and Hyunjin have steadily becoming friends and they were slowly beginning to open up to each other. Hyunjin had looked forward even more to her sessions with Dr. Kahei for Heejin would always be there, chatting with her and playing games alongside her.

“Eomma, can I bring Hyunjin-unnie to the doctor today?” Yerim asked Jungeun as they ate breakfast.

It took Yerim a week to convince her parents to let her take Hyunjin to the doctor. They didn’t want her to just ditch her schoolwork. Yerim was a third year psychology student at SNU. She had took the course as a means to help her sister’s ailment and in a bid to understand trauma and its effects more. A quick study, Yerim only had school and home as her destinations. She only cared about Hyunjin and wanted to minimize time away from her as much as possible. Luckily, this week’s schoolwork was slow and she just might be given the opportunity.

“No school today?” Jinsol asked.

“No appa. I did all my work ahead of schedule as well to free up my schedule.” Yerim happily reported.

“Sweetie, let Yerim-ah take her. We could use the time to rest.” Jungeun chimed in, hoping to convince Jinsol to let Yerim take her unnie.

“Well, its alright I suppose.” Jinsol said finally caving in.

Yerim squealed in excitement as she gave her parents a hug. Even Hyunjin gently clapped her hands at the news. They were going to spend good time together.

The family had finished breakfast and Yerim got ready. They had went up to their room to get ready. Yerim dressed Hyunjin up nicely and had brushed her silky black hair. They wore matching blouses and pants for the trip. Before they left, Hyunjin gestured for Yerim to get her sketchpad. The latter obliged and jogged back inside the house for the pad before helping Hyunjin board their car. Their Royce left sandwiched by two Cadillacs providing rear and front security. In those vehicles were fully armed security personnel.

Jungeun and Jinsol saw them off from atop the mansion’s master bedroom balcony.

“Honey, are you okay?” Jinsol asked Jungeun after having observed that her body is a bit stiff.

“Yeah, my body just aches a bit. I’ve been working to hard.”

“Aww…my baby, come I’ll make you feel better.” Jinsol gently cooed Jungeun leading her back inside their bedroom. Her wife was in need of a massage and a relaxing day and Jinsol would give Jungeun exactly that.

Heejin crossed the road going to the hospital. It was quite early but she had already arrived carrying a small breakfast for her aunt and her secretary. She was looking forward to this day’s shift.

“Hi aunt! Good morning!” Heejin said entering the clinic with the bagels that Kahei asked her to pick up at the bakery across from the hospital.

“Oh you’re early today. Miss Kim is coming today.” Dr. Kahei said, briefly glancing up at Heejin.

“Maybe Miss Kim should come everyday so you’ll come early as well.” Kahei added with a chuckle as Heejin set the bag of bagels down on the table.

Heejin then went to the boiling pot of tea and poured a cup for the three of them and getting three saucers for the bagels. They had then had a small breakfast before the day started. As they finished, there was still an hour to spare before Hyunjin arrived, so Heejin put the plates and cups away and tidied up the place. It wasn’t her job but she didn’t mind. It was her aunt’s clinic after all.

About an hour later, Heejin saw Hyunjin come in. This time, she was accompanied by a girl about her age who looked a lot like her. This must be Hyunjin’s sister, Yerim. Both of them dressed simply but they both had an unmistakable aura of elegance about them.

“Hi! I’m Yerim, Hyunjin’s sister. I wanted to bring her here for this day’s session to meet you guys. I wanted to thank you for t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter