Chapter Eleven: Each Other's Muse

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soeun was on the peak of happiness. It had been a full week since their first date. She could still remember how Soojin’s kiss felt. By now, all of her insecurities are gone. Soojin still waits for her everyday outside their house and they go to school together. Soojin was quite affectionate with her especially when one of her admirers were near. She was sending a clear message to them. Lee Soojin belongs to Park Soeun.

Soeun was surprised when Soojin showed up yesterday evening. She went and asked Hyejoo for her permission if she could date her. Hyejoo was also surprised at this albeit at a pleasant manner.

“Hey kid, if the two of you are happy dating, I’m happy as well.” Hyejoo said, giving her consent to their relationship. She went on saying how admirable Soojin’s gesture was, considering to ask for Soeun’s family for permission.

Min-yeong and Chan-mi was with Soojin on that night and came bearing gifts including a nice dog bed for Guruem and a couple of toys. Guruem also never left Soojin’s arms the whole time she was there. The two had apparently missed each other so much.

Soeun was walking with Soojin towards the bus stop. There was a break in the strenuous stream of classwork lately and the new couple was happy to take advantage of the momentary pause. They were headed to the University for the club meeting with Jiyoon and the others. Soojin had opted that they commute once more like how they did on their first day together. She had missed walking along the streets with Soeun. The couple was bringing their own sketchpads with them, for Jiyoon’s mini-presentation for the new members.

“Remember the last time you’re sitting with me on a bus?” Soeun asked as she draped her arm protectively over Soojin’s shoulder.

“Yeah… I was wearing your clothes and totally oblivious about public transportation.” Soojin recalled with a giggle.

“Yep. You were a new friend then, now you’re my girlfriend.” Soeun said before kissing her girl’s hair.

The bus had stopped at the bus stop near the subway station. The girls stood up and got off the bus. Descending towards the cacophonous noise and the bustle of people rushing up and about, Soeun protectively placed Soojin in front of her.

“Place your hands over your pockets. There might be pickpockets here.” Soeun whispered and Soojin did so.

They passed by the turnstiles and Soeun beeped her card twice for Soojin to enter as well. Walking down another set of stairs, they eventually arrived at the platform where there was already a crowd was waiting for a train.

“What now?” Soojin curiously asked looking around the subway station.

“We wait for the train.” Soeun eventually pointed to the LED screen depicting the routes and their ETAs to the station.

“See that line that says Nakseongdae Station? That’s where SNU is, we take that train marked number two. The numbers on the far right tells us when the train is due. Its coming about eight minutes from now.” She further explained to her girl how public trains work.

Soojin looked at the panels with awe and the various LED boards depicting ads on the wall. The LED boards hanging above reminded her of the two instances where she flew on an airline. Only now it depicted places and stations around Seoul instead of airports around the world. One LED board caught her attention. It was an ad for a McDonald’s promotional meal.

“Ssong-ah, where’s that restaurant?” Soojin asked pointing to the board.

“Oh, that McDonald’s there’s a lot of branches around the country. We can stop by one after the meeting.” Soeun said upon seeing the ad.

Soojin’s gaze then drifted to a big machine with a glass panel on it. It reminded her of the refrigeration units on that convenience store she first went to. Dragging Soeun along once more, she discovered the machine dispenses canned tea.

“Ohhh I wanna try Ssong.” Soojin said while tugging along Soeun’s jacketed sleeve.

Chuckling at her girl, Soeun pulled out a 2000 won bill and fed it to the machine. She told Soojin to pick one while the machine spat out a couple of 100 won coins as change. Soojin ended up picking peach tea. The machine’s arm then took a can of it a placed it on the receptacle on the machine’s far left. The “receiving panel” slat slid open and she took out the can. Staring at it with curious eyes, she worked on the tab and flipped it open. Taking a sip from it, she offered it to Soeun who took one as well. Soojin cutely held the can with her two hands like a kid. Soeun held their sketchpads while Sooj

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter