Chapter Twenty-four: Hell Week

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jihyo-ah hey.” Soojin said as she and Soeun neared her apartment. Jihyo was standing outside waiting for them. The clique had agreed to a sleepover at Jihyo’s apartment so they could all review and help each other out in preparing for the exams.

“Thank you for having us over.” Soeun said which Jihyo graciously told them that it wasn’t a problem and their presence was more than welcome.

Jihyo prepared her living room for their study sleepover. The table was neatly set so that it could accommodate all of them for the review session.

The tension in Jihan’s apartment was palpable. Even Jihan and Soeun were both hunched over, poring over their notes. Their first major exams int the form of their midterms was fast approaching. The clique was really feeling the pressure. They were all doing well in class but the peer pressure really got to them and they badly wanted to make their first exams a good one.

Soojin tutored Soeun as best she could like last time. Soeun got on quickly and could pick up concepts fast. She just wanted to make sure she got everything down well. Jihyo on the other hand was patiently teaching Hyewon Korean grammar as the latter had difficulty in coping with their Korean Literature classes.

There was a sudden knock on the door and Jihyo got up to answer it. It was Chaewon who had come to help. She had her book bag on her and a plastic bag with soda and chips. Once inside, she sat down near the center and helped Soeun and Soojin with their mathematics. After that, she then went over Jihyo and Hyewon, checking if they needed any assistance.

They were satisfied with their progress and decided to take a break, it was still five past noon. Jihyo took the chips Chaewon bought and opened them onto several bowls so they could eat easier. Bringing them back on a tray, they had sat beside each other and munched down on the chips. Jihyo opened her small TV to an entertainment channel to lighten up the vibe.

“Jihyo-ah. How’s your family?” Soojin asked.

“Eomma and appa are fine. I tell them stories about you guys. They were happy that I found good friends to keep me company here in Seoul. They hope to meet all of you guys soon.” Jihyo shared earnestly.

“Wow, that’s very nice to hear. Why not? Let’s all go to Sejong for our semestral break.” Soojin suggested which was met by a chorus of agreement from the others.

“Oh, you’d like to meet Jaehee! My best friend since childhood. She’s an incoming student in the next term.” Jihan added.

The others had agreed that visiting Jihyo’s hometown will be a good idea to unwind after their first term. They were all looking forward to the plan. They had ample transportation for 121 kilometer journey to the agricultural city.

They had then went on to revi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter