Chapter Five: Classmates?! Is This Fate?

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The past weeks have been pure bliss for Soeun. She and Soojin have been steadily talking on their phones. Soeun sweetly recalls the moments Soojin asked her if they could talk on the phone. She could remember how her heart raced when she saw Soojin’s name on her phone. Picking up the call, she could remember how her voice shooked when she first said hello and how she swooned over Soojin’s soft and melodic voice. The pair would talk on at length for periods of time in the morning. She even talked to Guruem on loudspeak with the furry family member barking excitedly at the sound of her voice. Olivia talked to her as well when she had no errands to run.

Today was a special day, Soojin was going to enroll in university. Preparing a simple yet attractive blouse and slacks outfit, Soojin was ready for the day. Hugging the Soeun’s bundle of clothes for luck, she set off downstairs with her things in hand.

Soojin saw that her assistant along with two bodyguards were waiting for her outside. Greeting them a pleasant day. She inquired where her mother was and she learnt that she was due to return from Switzerland later tonight. Sighing in disappointment she motioned them to follow. They collectively exited the mansion and boarded her jet black Mercedes-Benz sedan. The trip to the university was uneventful, traffic was sparse as it was still early, the rush hour hadn’t set in yet.

Meanwhile across Seoul, a newly awakened Soeun was rushing inside their house. She had to be ready before Olivia comes back from the restaurant. Her sister had told her to stay at home so she could wake up early. Soeun, despite being worried agreed. She would always have a tinge of worry whenever Olivia sets off alone on anything, especially those mysterious errands back then that she wouldn’t talk about.

Soeun chose a white button-up shirt paired with loose fitting jeans. Olivia told her last night to dress up in a semi-formal manner and not like a loan shark shaking down a local business. Her unnie also told her to smile at the interviewer and drop the menacing scowl. Checking her bag once more, making sure all pertinent papers were all inside, she went out and sat on the couch to wait for Olivia.

Hyejoo arrived six o’clock with bags of ingredients in her hands. Soeun helped Olivia put it away and after that she went with her to the bus stop.

“Unnie, its okay you should go and rest.” Soeun assured her sister, worried.

“Its okay. I can rest later. Besides, I can’t go with you over there least I can do is send you off here.” Hyejoo said, leaning on the pole to rest.

Seeing this, Soeun hugged her unnie. She had done so much for her ever since they were kids. She promised years ago that she would make Hyejoo proud. Soeun decided to take up business administration, she wanted to manage the restaurant and grow it into a bigger restaurant chain. Once that was done, she’d make Hyejoo rest whether she liked it or not.

The bus arrived and Soeun kissed her unnie goodbye as she ran up the steps. Once seated, she waved to her by the windows. Once she was out of sight, she looked ahead and braced for the future. She wondered what course Soojin would take, she mentioned the other day she also got accepted into SNU.

Soojin got out of the car as it completely halted in the school’s parking lot. Walking up the steps, she went on ahead and looked for the business college. While walking, she drifted thoughts towards Soeun and what course would she take.

Soeun ran up the stairs almost twenty minutes later. The traffic at Seoul’s heavy streets caused a slight delay in transit. It resulted her in being late to the train station and had to wait a couple of minutes. Luckily when she arrived on campus, the enrollees were still few. Checking the campus map, she found the map and off she went towards the university’s school of business.

Upon arriving in the college, Soojin found the admissions office. She successfully confirmed her appointment with the Dean for an interview. Going back to the waiting area, she paced back and forth. Only her personal assistant was with her as it was against University policy to have armed private security on premises beyond the parking area and general lobby.

Soojin saw a poster and decided to read it as it piqued her interest. It was about an academic organization within the college. While she was reading, she felt someone behind her Soojin swiftly turned around. What she saw made her even more surprised.

Standing in front of her with a wide grin was Soeun! She was wearing a white button up and black jeans. Soeun had a warm smile on her face. She looked beautiful. Almost immediately, Soojin wrapped her arms around Ssong.

“I missed you Ssong!” Soojin said as she wrapped the girl in a tight hug.

“I missed you too princess.” Soeun said as she also hugged Soojin and rubbed her back.

They went on to chat about things until Soeun remembered to check in with the admissions officer. Soojin went with her and her assistant was in tow, dumbfounded by how fast the events unfolded.

“I’m glad you didn’t call me a thief

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter