Chapter Ten: First Date

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soeun’s heart skipped a bit. What Soojin said played in her mind for several times.

A date?

She was asking to go out on a date. What will she say?

Before Soeun knew, it was there. A huge rush of happiness and adrenaline, that sensation as if she was flying and the giddiness was overcoming her own self.

“Ssong-ah?” Soojin cooed.

She then turned slightly to look at her, who was already leaning on her shoulder.

“Hmm?”

“Wanna. Go. On. A. Date. Mmm jagiya?” Soojin repeated once more, with a giggle in the end.

Jagiya?! Did… Did she call me honey? Soeun asked herself. The bewilderment she feels doubled in intensity. Her staring at Soojin’s sparkling, bewitching eyes did not help at all.

Finally, Soeun managed a nod. This caused Soojin to smile that sweet smile of hers and give her a hug. Hugging back, Soeun smiled to herself. Is this finally it? Are they really what she thinks they are?

Finally parting from each other’s arms, they got up and walked around as they thought of where to go. They passed by some of the club booths and they could faintly hear Zoa’s voice from afar. As they were walking, Soeun slid her hand into Soojin’s. This caused Soojin to turn and look at her with a surprised expression. Soeun smiled at Soojin and held her hand tightly.

As they were walking they came upon one of their classmates. It was one of their guy classmates, one who was a known admirer of Soojin. He saw Soojin and waved at her, Soojin merely tilted her head giving the slightest acknowledgment. Soeun’s grip tightened on her girl.

“Soojin-ah, are you free today? I’d like to take you out on a date.” The guy asked Soojin. At this point, Soeun was glaring swords at the man. The guy was the child of a well-to-do lawyer and he was one of the most popular guys on campus.

“I’m already on a date, sorry. I don’t have time for others. I date exclusively.” Soojin flat out rejected the guy without even stopping in her stride. She didn’t even glance once at the guy as they passed.

Soeun was stunned at how cold Soojin was. If she was the guy, she’d be absolutely devastated by it. As they passed, she turned to look at him. He sadly walked away with his head held low. He looked absolutely devastated.

Soojin easily became popular among the student body. She was intelligent and gorgeous with a good personality to match. At that moment, Soeun felt she was the luckiest girl. But her insecurities were still there. Soojin had a lot of admirers. The other day another hot shot with a Ferrari offered to take Soojin home. The lad was ignored and shot down without mercy. Soeun really likes Soojin and she cares for her a lot. This made her scared.

Soeun grew up with only Olivia as her family. She loved her sister a lot. They came upon Guruem one day, the pooch was alone in the rain with no one to count on. Seeing the pupper’s condition, the sisters immediately took him in. She was used to giving all of her love to Hyejoo and Guruem. They were there for life. Soojin however, was a totally different topic. She was unsure whether Soojin, like Hyejoo and Guruem, would be there for life. Soeun didn’t want to lose anyone in her life, she had lost enough people.

Soeun was deep in thought when a guy pulled Soojin away from Soeun. This caused Soojin to scream out in shock. Ssong instantly shifted to a hostile mood. The commotion caused the other students to look towards their direction.

The guy was the most aggressive of Soojin’s admirers. Some would say he had an unhealthy obsession towards the dame. He was begging the girl to give him a chance. Soojin was absolutely revolted by the man’s actions. Soeun was yelling at the man to let Soojin go, but she was paid no heed.

This stunt lasted for nearly ten minutes and escalated to a when the man, seeing that his pleas had no effect on Soojin, began to drag the girl forcefully out of the campus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter