Chapter Twenty-two: Back Home

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three days had passed since Soeun was confined at the hospital. The exams and test results regarding her injuries had turned out well. She had healed fairly well thanks to the intervention of Jiyoon’s friends. Soeun’s head had healed pretty well and she was going to be discharged today. The bruises on her arm and legs were still bandaged and healing, but it can be done at the comfort of her home. Through all this, Soojin and Hyejoo had never left her side. Their kids were there whenever they can, as well as Chaewon, Jimin, Heejin, and Jiyoon.

“Well, glad to be finally going home.” Soeun said, rising from her hospital bed. Her IV drip was detached a couple of hours earlier, she got off the bed heading to the bathroom to change out of her hospital gown. Soojin rose to assist her.

Soojin accompanied her up until the bathroom door, leaving the door slightly ajar so she could come in if Soeun fell or something.

“No peeking jagiya…” Soeun said giggling as she shrugged out of her hospital gown and into a comfy set of trackpants and a loose fitting shirt. Soojin laughed and pretended to cover her eyes as she faced the wall.

Soeun then got out and sat on the bed waiting for Hyejoo and the kids to come. Jihyo said that they’d accompany her to the house after their morning classes. Soojin excused herself to run down to the hospital cashier to pay the bills.

“Oh ma’am, Miss Park Soeun’s bill has been fully paid.” The cashier had informed her upon inquiring.

Soojin thanked the cashier and went back to the elevator bays. She was confused, maybe Hyejoo had paid Soeun’s bills and forgot to tell them or maybe in the sheer stress of the past day’s events she had forgotten that she had actually paid the bills. Shrugging the questions off, Soojin took the elevator back up to Soeun’s floor.

“Hey kiddo, thanks for settling the bill. I’ll get you back on that.” Hyejoo told Soojin as she entered the room.

“Huh? No unnie, I was going to pay earlier but they said it was already paid.” Soojin said, confused.

The pair after a short discussion had concluded that it Soojin probably forgot she actually paid the bills. Jihyo and Hyewon arrived shortly after with milkshakes and burgers for everyone. Leaving, Soojin wrapped her arm around Soeun’s shoulder, gently assisting her as she walked. Hyejoo and the kids stayed behind to pack up their stuff. They’d follow soon after.

“Thanks mommy.” Soeun said, flirting with Soojin.

“Yah, Ssong-ah there’s kids here.” Hyejoo reminded Soeun of Hyewon and Jihyo.

As the elevator doors slid open, Soojin had came upon a familiar sight.

“Oh Soojin-ah! Hi there!” Jung-eun greeted, startled by who was on the other side of the elevator.

“Jung-eun ssi hello, good morning.” Soojin greeted.

“I take it she’s the lucky girl?” Jung-eun said with a smile, indicating at the bandaged Soeun.

“Yes, indeed she is. She’s Park Soeun.” Soojin answered with a radiant smile.

“Ah, beautiful lady. Hello Soeun-ah.” Jung-eun said, extending her hand towards Soeun who took it and shook the hand gently but firmly.

The two had parted ways, Soeun and the gang going home while Jung-eun went to Dr. Kahei’s clinic.

“Who’s that? Asked a bewildered Soeun.

“She’s Jung-eun ssi, she kept me company the night you were admitted here. Her daughter attends regular treatment at one of the clinics in the hospital.” Soojin explained.

It was still three minutes before ten o’clock in the morning, they had sat at the main lobby’s waiting area. Hyejoo and the kids had arrived shortly after. Like clockwork, Soojin’s black Mercedes rounded to hospital curb and smoothly stopped near its doors, behind it was Chaewon’s black Tesla. Chan-mi and Min-yeong got out and got Soeun’s luggage, placing it neatly inside the Mercedes’ trunk. Chaewon came out of the car and gave Soeun and Soojin a hug. She was happy that Soeun was finally out of the hospital. Hyejoo and the kids got on Chaewon’s Tesla while the cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter