Chapter Fifty-five: The Wolf and Her Moon

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soeun awoke beside Hyejoo who was softly snoring. Hyunjin was beside her whose mouth was wide open as she dozed off with an eye mask on. Silently laughing at her unnies, Soeun rose up and saw Yerim peacefully asleep. At least one unnie was sleeping normally. Getting up, she went to the bathroom of their bedroom to prepare for the day.

Their rooms were joined while they were at Los Angeles the previous week. Jungeun had left Dae-woo to oversee the renovations made by the construction company. Jinsol wanted safety without compromising the aesthetics of the girls’ room, which is why she had the superstructure reinforced. Thus after the renovation was done, she had brought in a team of French interior designers to decorate the room. Now, the girls shared one large room big enough for the four of them and their pets. Neugdae was no longer Hyunjin’s service dog but now her full-time pet. He still looked out for Hyunjin nonetheless.

Brushing her teeth, Soeun thought about what will happen today as she rinsed . Gargling mouthwash, Soeun recalled last night’s events. She understands Jinsol’s side and why she has so many precautions. It scared her to think that her parents might be angry at her, but luckily it wasn’t the case but it was just Jungeun and Hyejoo playing a practical joke. She learned from Hyejoo later that night why Yerim and Hyunjin weren’t in on the joke. It was because both were asleep for the majority of the night having been exhausted from the journey. Hyunjin also told her that she wouldn’t make a good prankster because her face would give away the joke before it even happened.

Yerim woke up half a minute later to find Soeun coming out of their walk-in closet, dressed for school. Greeting her unnie as she went to the bathroom, Soeun sat on the couch and opened up her phone. She sent Soojin her daily ritual of greeting her a good morning and checked her bag for her stuff. Making sure they were all there, she snapped a quick selfie for Soojin and went down the dining room for breakfast.

Jinsol was eating waffles when Soeun came down.

“Oh hey baby, good morning!” Jinsol said, walking to Soeun to give her a hug. Jinsol had a soft smart for her excessively tall daughter. Pulling a seat for her, Soeun inquired where was Jungeun.

“Well I told your mom that she’d sleep on the couch following their prank on you. So the two gremlins rode their motorbikes till morning. Jungeun luckily remembered to bring along outriders for their security.” Jinsol explained. No wonder Hyejoo was still sleeping, usually she wakes up before Soeun does.

Soeun ate a hearty breakfast with Jinsol. Daddy Jinsol also reminded her that her driving test was coming up soon and wished her luck, teasing her that she could finally drive Soojin around without worrying about random police stopovers.

“Oh how my daughter’s girlfriend will be awed by her driving skills!” Jinsol dreamily said as she teased Soeun who was laughing at her.

“My darling Soeun who drives me crazy in love is now driving me around! Oh how romantic!” Jinsol said in a theatrical voice before the both of them laughed their heads off.

“But seriously baby. Good luck. I’ll let you drive by yourself but remember-”

“Always bring security. Got it dad.” Soeun said, hugging her as she got another waffle. Yerim joined them moments later. As usual she was busy on her phone. Jinsol decided to ask her who was she talking to, giving in to the curiosity she had going on since last week.

“A friend dad.” Yerim said smiling. Jinsol let it drop, she’d find out sooner or later.

After breakfast, they had went to school. Yerim rode with Soeun in her Maybach. This time, they would drop by Soojin’s house before going to SNU. They had plenty of time left. Jimin already has the other three covered as she always passes by Jihyo’s house.

Hyejoo woke up a couple of hours later to see Hyunjin saving her videos and photos onto her computer. Seeing her little sister awake, Hyunjin gave a wave and greeted her a good morning.

“Morning aeong.” Hyejoo said, ruffling Hyunjin’s hair as she went to the bathroom. Aeong was a sound that she often makes lately. The Korean onomatopoeia of the sounds cats make.

Hyejoo brushed her teeth and took a shower. Changing into a casual work clothes, she went and got their dogs to feed them their breakfast downstairs. Jungeun found Hyejoo watching the pups eat as she got out of the music room.

“Hey mom. Wow dad was serious about you sleeping at the couch?” Hyejoo asked, surprised when she saw Jungeun emerge from the archway still wearing her leather bike jacket.

“Yeah, if you’re dad says something, It happens.” Jungeun said as she got out a few leftover waffles in the fridge. She was too tired to cook anything and the cooks were already on their break. Deciding not to interrupt their rest, she silently munched on slightly cold strawberry waffles.

Hyejoo joined her in eating, making a couple cups of tea for them.

“Oh hey, you’re already awake.” Jinsol said as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter