Chapter Sixty-five: Dating Haseul

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heejin finished eating her soup and got up to wash the bowl she and Soeun ate from. While walking to the kitchen, she heard the trio animatedly talk inside her aunt’s room. They had found the soup to be extremely delicious. Heejin was surprised though, her aunt usually made fried food and not soup or stew-based dishes.

Maybe they had a special occasion? Heejin thought to herself as she neared her aunt’s bedroom. Kahei never really cooked much and relied on her or food deliveries for food.

Briefly glancing into the room, she found Soojin in the middle of Haseul and her aunt. They were talking gleefully. Soojin looked very happy as she talked with Kahei. Heejin smiled at the sight and she went on her way, leaving the trio alone to their moment.

A family moment perhaps? She thought as she neared the sink.

Heejin went on to the sink and washed the bowls clean. As she dried the bowls, she felt her phone buzz in her pocket. Drying her hands, she got out her phone and checked.

It was a message from Chaewon.

“Heekie. What happened? I’m here at the movies with Hyejoo-ya, don’t wait up for me later okay?” Chaewon messaged Heejin with a photo of her and Hyejoo sitting in a movie theater. It was probably that short amount of time where the lights were on before the movie’s premiere.

Heejin typed back giving a brief summary of the night’s events and told her that she’d tell more later. Before clicking send, Heejin told Chaewon to ask how Hyunjin was doing. Heejin then sent the message and placed the washed bowls in the dish rack to dry.

Inside the room, Soojin was in a state of elation as she saw in her mother’s eyes as they talked. She had never seen her mother this happy before in all her life. Seeing her eyes twinkle with joy every time she mentions Vivi’s name.

Vivi turned out to be Kahei’s nickname as she had learned from Haseul.

“Mommy Vivi.” Soojin called Kahei as she inched nearer her mother’s girlfriend.

Vivi smiled at this and gave Soojin an affectionate hug as Haseul watched the two have their moment. She had never felt this relieved since she started seeing Vivi discreetly. As she watched her daughter talk with Vivi, she suddenly realized.

Was Soojin also as pressured as I was when she was hiding her relationship with Soeun? Haseul thought to herself as sat beside the two. She felt terrible knowing she put her daughter through something much worse than what she had been through.

“Eomma? Did aunt Vivi gave you that outfit you wore last time?” Soojin asked as she partly turned around to look at her mother.

“Yes she did. I slept over here and she gave me the outfit I initially borrowed from her.” Haseul explained.

Soojin nodded. Finally the pieces were falling in place. She knew the outfit her mother came home during that day was off. Haseul never wore anything that resembled casual fashion. For her meticulous mother, casual wear was a collared polo shirt and slacks with flats. Soojin never saw Haseul wear a hooded jacket save for that one time when she came home early in the morning.

“And your mother gave me a car in return.” Vivi said, shaking her head, causing the other two to laugh.

“Oh my. Hey mom! I found that from your personal secretary when we went to the hospital!” Soojin exclaimed as she remembered the day’s events. It was a few days before she and Soeun went to Japan and suspicions about her mother were arising in her thoughts as well as Heejin’s.

“Now you know where you got those sudden urges to spend on Soeun-ah.” Haseul said as she laughed, as classy as ever. Soojin’s mother rarely lost her elegance and composure.

Soojin blushed as she remembered those times she spoiled Soeun with gifts. The necklaces, jewelry and loads of food they used to order as they went on their secret dates during their vacant periods. She missed how the five of them ate together at the nearby McDonald’s branch. Remembering how Rosy was born after a month’s worth of construction and renovation. She had chipped in the expenses by paying for the construction materials. When the structure was completed, they were the ones who painted and decorated the interior of Rosy.

“Will mommy Vivi stay with us?” Soojin suddenly asked, causing the couple to pause and look at her.

“Dearie, sometime soon perhaps but its inappropriate for me and your mom to live together so soon.” Vivi explained to Soojin as she held her dainty little hand.

Soojin understood and nodded, telling Vivi that she’s excited to spend time with her soon.

“But why is it okay for me and Soeun-ah to own a property together?” Soojin asked, curious.

“Well love, its because you and Soeun-ah are under our collective guidance. Besides you two have been together for quite some time now.” Haseul explained further to her curious daughter.

“On the bright side, you could always drop by here or at my office sweetie. You’re always welcome.” Vivi added as they rose up. It was getting late and it was time to go home for now.

“Of course she, my dear Soojin will own the hospital soon after all.” Haseul added with a hearty chuckle.

Emerging out of the doorway, Heejin and Soeun stood up and approached the trio.

“Everything okay?” Soeun asked as Soojin rushed to her, wrapping her in a hug. Soojin mumbled in agreement as she snuggled in her lover’s arms causing to Vivi to pull Haseul into a hug of their own. This left Heejin alone and so she hugged herself in contentment.

“Aigoo… I wish Hyunjin was here.” Heejin said.

“Hyunjin-unnie was going to Yeojin-ah’s house along with Yerim-unnie.” Soeun told Hyunjin.

“Oh auntie! Does this mean Soojin and I will be cousins?” Heejin added after the idea popped up in her mind.

“Yeah hopefully... maybe?” Vivi answered with a smile.

Going down to the parking lot, Heejin got into Chaewon’s Tesla along with Soeun. Soojin decided to go with Haseul so Heejin wouldn’t have to drive to Gangnam and then to Yongin.

“Eomma, why did you hide you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter