Chapter Three: In My Golden Cage

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “Eomma?! What are you doing here?!” Soojin said aghast. 

“You snuck out from your own staff yesterday. Did you honestly think I won’t find you? My dear Soojin, you are in Seoul of all places. I came to take you back home.” Haseul calmly explained. 

While all of this was happening, Soeun stood behind Soojin stunned. The two continued to argue as the two sisters observed. Two of the females stood behind Soojin’s mother, nervous and slightly shaking. She surmised that these two girls were part of Soojin’s staff and that they felt responsible for her escape. 

“I don’t want to go home mom.” Soojin defiantly said, fists clenched. 

“Sweetie, you don’t belong here.” Haseul said with an air of superiority about her. 

“How can you say that? These people have treated me well! They were true to me despite not knowing who I am! All those people in your world eomma are good to me because of who I am!” Soojin fired back, tears almost at the verge of falling. 

Soeun tentatively placed her hand on Soojin’s back, gently rubbing it. Haseul inched forward Soojin who instinctively took a step back. 

“Eomma… I don’t want to go home.” 

“You have no choice in the matter child, either come with me or your new friends will face sever consequences.” Haseul grimly warned her only child. 

“They didn’t do anything wrong mom!” 

“True, but anything is possible my child.” She replied with a smirk. 

Soojin lowered her head. She couldn’t allow any harm to befall her friends. Thinking hard, she knew she had little to no say in the manner. 

“Fine. I’ll go.” She said through clenched teeth. 

The decision struck Soeun in the gut. Visibly distressed, her sister glanced at her with a worried look in her eye. The decision Soojin made elicited a triumphant smile from her mother.  

“All right. Let’s get you back home honey, where you belong.” Haseul said as she moved past Soojin, laying a hand on her shoulder. She left the house, apparently going back to the silver Royce parked outside. Her entourage followed her out of the house, leaving the three alone.  

Soojin turned around and faced Soeun. An apologetic look was displayed on the damsel’s face. 

“Hey, princess its okay. Gotta do what eomma says huh?” Soeun said, gently tapping Soojin’s shoulder. 

“Yeah, besides we’ll be alright. We’ve gotten through worse.” Olivia said, sneaking behind Soojin. 

“I’m sorry I got you into this…” Soojin said, numerous voice cracks audible from her voice. 

“No regrets princess, it was fun while it lasted. Us sisters doing something good for a change.” Soeun answered reassuringly. There was a cryptic hint at her last statement. 

At this point, Soojin pulled the two siblings in for a hug. One that they reciprocated. 

“Princess… if anyone gives you trouble. Give me a ring, I’ll come running like last time okay?”Soeun said with a wink. She then rushed inside finding a scrap of paper and a pen. She scribbled her number on the paper and handed it into Soojin’s hand. 

“Yeah, we mean it kid. Whenever you need a hand we got you. I’d give you my number but uhh…I don’t have one.” Hyejoo said with a chuckle before she tiptoed to pat Soojin’s head. 

The trio bid a tearful goodbye and Soojin went out, back to her mother and her waiting entourage. She recognized one of her assistants standing by the car. One of their bodyguards opened the back door for her and she sat with her mother. A bodyguard sat in the front seat. Once they were buckled up, the remaining staff boarded the black truck and off they went. 

“How’d you find me?” Soojin asked, looking outside the window. 

“Your card Soo, your location can be tracked whenever you use it.” Haseul replied flatly. 

Soojin remained quiet for the rest of the way. How could she forget about it? Yeojin warned her about that weeks ago. She felt so dumb for making such a simple mistake. All throughout the transit back home, Soojin remained sullen and defeated. Moving from the austere bungalow and apartment neighborhoods, the convoy soon arrived in the Gangnam area. Soon enough, the simple environment soon reverted to the posh and upscale views that Soojin grew up seeing. High walls, Victorian mansions, high-rise suites, luxury cars and everything high society has to offer. At this point, she lowered her head and looked down her lap. Feeling the slip of paper in her hand, a glimmer of hope lit in her. She may be apart from Soeun but she can still talk to her. She kept it hidden in her hand, fearful it might be taken away.  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter