Chapter Seventy-two: Celebrations, Promises and a Brighter Tomorrow

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojin happily glanced around the banquet hall of the hotel. Her mother and Vivi was the center of attraction of the celebration being the newlyweds and all. Tzuyu really did a special job on Haseul’s make up. She looked like she belonged on Mount Olympus instead of being here in the mortal realm. The silver white wedding gown with the elegant designs and the sleek backless portion made her really stand out. Truly, she was something else entirely and pretty much everyone inside the room agrees.

Vivi looked loving towards her bride as her wineglass was being filled with champagne. Up until now she couldn’t believe she was finally married with someone like Haseul. With their wineglasses filled, the couple looped their arms as they drank from each other’s glasses.

“They look so good together.” Soeun couldn’t help but admire the scene. She was sitting with her family, beside Hyunjin.

“I hope you and Soojin soon share this moment as well.” Hyunjin said as she watched the couple, miraculously not nibbling on bread right now.

Soeun agreed deep inside. She also wanted to be the one wearing black and Soojin in a white wedding dress. She couldn’t see herself with another person except for Soojin. Looking over, she saw Soojin watching her parents intently with her hands cupped over . Soojin was probably over the horizon with the emotions she’s feeling right now.

Jinsol served as the emcee of the event. She was the most talkative after all. Jungeun was a more eloquent speaker but Jinsol knows how to really work a crowd. Probably because of her side gigs as a DJ during her college years. The group listened to Jinsol as she spoke, giving a message to the newly married couple.

“Cheers to my best friend. My very own Harvard-nim. Congratulations on finding new love. Love that will see you through your darkest days and be with you in the most colorful days. I know Vivi-ah will be with you during those days. To our good doctor! Please take care of our best friend. She deserves all the love and care you and Soojin could ever give her. Congratulations and best wishes to the both of you.” Jinsol said, ending the speech prematurely. She had planned to speak for a bit longer but she had to end earlier than expected as she began to choke up when her eyes landed on Haseul.

The guests applauded at the moving speech and Jungeun took Jinsol’s place. She also began to speak, sharing her message to the family and to the couple.

“Haseul. We’ve been friends since we were learning how to write. Out of everyone, I think I know you best. This is why I am saying right now that I know you will be happy from here on out. Vivi please take care of my Jane. She’s too fragile at times despite her trying to look like the proud lioness that she is. There will be days that she would be too grumpy to the world, a cup of her favorite macchiato usually solves that. If not, her favorite ice cream surely will. I hope and pray that you stay with her during her dark days. Haseul’s world is her Soojin. Despite her not always being around for her, please do know that Soojin was always in her mind wherever she was and whatever she is doing. Haseul has this mini-album of Soojin that she always looked at. How do I know this? Its because the edges of the photos are frayed from her fingers leafing through it. Love Soojin and love Haseul with all of your heart for me will you Vivi-ah?” Jungeun said as tears of joy slowly streaked down her cheek. Soojin herself was moved to tears hearing this. She had never known that her mother kept something like that.

As Jungeun walked down the podium, the hall was wrapped in a moment of silence as Jinsol composed herself. It was Soojin’s turn to talk but she herself was weeping in joy. To give her daughter a moment to compose herself, Vivi volunteered to speak to the guests.

“To be frankly honest with all of you. I came into your lives as a doctor with a mission to cure Jungeun’s eldest daughter. Hyunjin-ah. Through her my assistant found love. At first I was wary as it might be the reason of my niece’s expulsion from her internship. But these worries were soon dashed away. I thought, that was it. I would be your daughter’s psychiatrist. But then everything changed when you invited me to your gala where you introduced your complete family to the world Jinsol-ssi.” Vivi began as she looked around the crowd, gesturing to the person whenever she’d mention them accompanied by a smile.

“I am thankful for that party. Utterly thankful. I am not really a party person but for some unknown reason I was looking forward to going to that event. Back then I was wondering why, sure Hyunjin had grown dear to me. But little did I know that it would be a different reason why. Maybe it was indeed fate that drew me to that event.” Vivi said as she turned around to face her bride.

“There, I met the love of my life.” Vivi said as she lovingly gazed at her blushing bride.

“It was because of Ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter