Chapter Sixty-three: A Night to Remember

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey Hyejoo-unnie! What happened? Why are you in a hospital?” Soeun blurted out, worried about her sister.

“Relax, its nothing major. I got into a fistfight with Sooyoung-appa.” Hyejoo told her as Sooyoung threw her a rolled up table napkin.

“WHAT?! I thought you two were doing okay?!” Soeun asked, aghast at what she was hearing.

“Yeah. Just a friendly bout, wanted to see if I could defend Chaewon if needed.” Hyejoo explained.

Soeun let out a breath of relief. Sana, Tzuyu and Soojin were looking at her eager to learn what was happening. She further inquired about the event from Hyejoo who was currently engaged in a throwing match with Sooyoung. Eventually, Yerim got back her phone from Hyejoo for fear it would be thrown next. Taking over, Yerim calmly explained the situation to Soeun while Chaewon tried to diffuse the two.

“Well according to the doctor, both of them got a mild concussion and out from the impact. They already got x-rays and it showed nothing broken or damaged. The doctor insisted on them staying a day or two for observation. Jinsol-appa came by earlier and it was pretty much okay, she understood the situation.” Yerim calmly narrated to a waiting Soeun over at Osaka.

Soeun was relieved that nothing amiss was found on the both of them. Thanking Yerim, she hanged up the call and went to narrate what had happened to Hyejoo to the waiting trio beside her.

“Well, Hyejoo and Chaewon’s dad got into a boxing match. It ended with them knocking each other out and they ended up in a hospital downtown. For some reason, the doctor put them in the same room and now they’re having one of their petty fights.” Soeun explained, summarizing what Yerim and Hyejoo had told her.

“That’s… quite a lively interaction between the two.” Tzuyu said, at a loss for words. Sana and Soojin was struck dumbfounded by the news.

“Yeah, turns out that Sooyoung-appa was unnie’s former boss. She owned the fishing vessels that Hyejoo served in way back. That’s why they have this kind of bond.” Soeun further added, hoping to illuminate even a tinge of sense into why her sister and Sooyoung had this kind of bond.

After a few more sticks of dango, the group had decided to go up and roam around Osaka once more. The couple wanted to shop for gifts for their friends and sisters and so they browsed a map for the nearest mall.

“We’ll go to a mall you don’t own okay Soeun-ah?” Soojin jokingly said as she got into their car.

Back at Seoul, Sooyoung had finally drifted off to sleep after being scolded by Chaewon. She sat in between the two as Hyejoo ate a burger. Yerim had gone down to meet with Yeojin who bought food for them, so it was just the three of them.

“Oh…that rascal snores?” Hyejoo asked as she heard Sooyoung’s soft snoring.

“Cut it out, I’ve just stopped the both of you from fighting minutes ago.” Chaewon said with a chuckle.

Hyejoo softly laughed along with her as well. Chaewon suddenly remembered something. She asked if Hyejoo had any plans for continuing her education.

“Yeah, I’m looking into that. Dad says there’s this compliance exam thing that’ll pass me through secondary if I score good enough. It’ll allow me to go to college if that happens.” Hyejoo softly said.

Chaewon smiled as she heard Hyejoo talk about her plans for her own education. It means a lot to her that finally Hyejoo was looking out for herself once more. She spent most of her life caring for Soeun and now its her turn to be cared for.

“Yeah. I could tutor you if you want.” Hyejoo instantly accepted her girlfriend’s offer.

At this moment, Sooyoung drifted awake as Yeojin knocked on the door. Chaewon got up to answer the door but not before drawing the curtains to separate the two knuckleheads, as she put it.

Oh where was Heejin when I needed her most, Chaewon thought to herself as she twisted the doorknob to let Yeojin and Yerim in.

“Oh! So this is your girlfriend  Yerim-ah?” Sooyoung asked as they went inside.

“Yes, Sooyoung-appa. This is Im Yeojin.” Yerim said as she introduced her lover. Truth be told, they were still in the getting to know each other stage but her parents and sisters kept referring Yeojin as her lover. Not that Yerim was averse to the idea, she adored Yeojin and her cute personality.

“Take care of Yerim-unnie. Soeun-ah will get mad if you hurt her.” Hyejoo jokingly said.

“Ah yes I will Hyejoo-unnie. Soeun-ah could easily pick me up and throw me away.” Yeojin joked.

“She could throw any one of us easily.” Hyejoo agreed.

“Yeah right, was Soeun-ah trained by you?” Sooyoung said, jokingly scoffing at Hyejoo. She didn’t really mean any of it. She just wanted to piss Hyejoo off.

“Yeah! I did and she’s good!” Hyejoo countered, screaming over the curtain.

“Says the kid who got knocked out.” Sooyoung shot back.

“You got knocked out too ya hag!” Hyejoo retorted as she flung a roll of tissue paper over the curtain, hitting Sooyoung’s head.

Oh dear, here we go again. Chaewon thought to herself as she moved to dispers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter