Chapter Seventy-six: Aegi

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinsol had finished a hectic day at the office. The day was full of board meetings and paperworks to be read, sorted, and signed. With the day slowly drawing to a close, she reclined her chair, leaning into the plush leather executive chair and let out a long, deep breath. Gazing upwards onto the ceiling, Jinsol was thinking about various things running through her mind. Ja-Yoon drifted in and out of her thoughts and that led to her recalling those few moments she had with Soeun and Hyejoo when they were both young.

“Appa!” A barely walking Sophie called out to her as she toddled towards her as she came home from work. Hyejoo was trying to keep Sophie from falling over but they both fell when Sophie started to stumble backwards, Olivia hugged her so she would fall on her instead.

“Appa appa!” Sophie continued yelling as she got up and in a mix of crawling and walking, resumed walking towards Jinsol.

Laughing at this, Jinsol went to carry her and Olivia. They went to the dining room where Jungeun was about to go out look for the two girls. Relieved, she got Sophie from Jinsol and they each sat them on a dining chair. Sophie was a tall child and she easily reached the tabletop. Olivia on the other hand, needed to use a booster seat for her to see the tabletop.

Sophie was talking in semi-gibberish but Jinsol understood that she was asking how her day went. Chuckling, Jinsol told her that everything was alright and that they were going to have a new mall open soon.

“Oh and daddy bought something for you.” Jinsol said and at that, Dae-woo went into the dining room, having unloaded his boss’s things out of her Royce.

He was carrying a small box wrapped in a ribbon. Handing it to Jinsol, she in turn handed the box to Sophie. She, with her little hands opened the box. Inside was the doll Sophie had wanted so bad. She had seen the doll inside one of her malls when she and Jinsol went on a surprise inspection of the establishment. Unfortunately, the doll was bought by a customer and the store had none in stock. Jinsol not wanting to disappoint her beloved Sophie contacted the manufacturer to buy one for her youngest and the parcel arrived earlier today.

“Appa, gam….gam..gamhamida!” Sophie burbled out in thanks as she got the doll out of the box.

The doll was a cute little implement. Made with cloth instead of the plastic material most Barbie dolls are made of, it resembled a ragdoll more. Yet Sophie loved it dearly as she hugged and brushed its hair. Jinsol looked on lovingly as her youngest hugged her newest addition to her growing collection.

Jungeun then gently reminded Sophie to eat her food and she quickly complied. Finishing her vegetables quickly, she then got her ice cream. Jinsol was surprised at how fast Sophie ate. Maybe this was why she grew so much, she thought as she finished her Risotto.

The scene jumped to when she and Jungeun tucked their children to sleep. As she was tucking Sophie in, she kissed her on the cheek and gave her a hug.

“Thank you for today appa. You’re the best!” Sophie said as she laid back on her pillow, looking at Jinsol.

“I want to be like you soon papa.” Sophie said which truly carved its way into Jinsol’s heart.

Jinsol didn’t notice the tears that was streaming down on her cheeks as she looked up towards the chandelier. A knock on the oaken doors jolted her back into reality, quickly wiping her tears away, she got up and told them to come in via the intercom.

“Jung sajang-nim, these are the last papers for the day.” Jinsol’s personal secretary told her as she bowed deeply while placing the folder on the table.

Thanking the lady, Jinsol allowed her to be excused and waited for the doors to close before opening the folder. It was the papers that needed signing for the establishment of an overseas branch. She wanted to open a Lotte mall on Japan. Minatozaki-san was already in coordination with the efforts along with her wife. They would make sure that everything went smoothly during its preparations up until its operation.

After studying the papers, she signed them and placed them on the right side of the table. Her secretary knows that all folders placed on the right side is marked for archival and/or dissemination to the leadership.

Once all of this was done, Jinsol leaned back. Immersing herself in thought, she thought deep and hard. Once a decision was made, she called her secretary into the room, she wanted a word with her.

“Take the day off tomorrow. I’m not going into work. I have some things to attend to.” Jinsol told her.

The secretary left after thanking her. Jinsol fixed her desk before getting up and fixing herself. Getting her briefcase, she left her office. Her security chief was already waiting for her in the lobby and he got the briefcase from her. Moving into the express elevator, they were in the underground parking lot in a little over a minute. She took her Royce to work today as Hyejoo wanted to try her Lamborghini to see how it handles. The youngest triplet might also wanted to impress Chaewon.

Jungeun was signing papers and going over strategic business plans when she felt something in her gut. Knowing what it was, she had the documents not needing urgent attention shelved for a day and finished the open plans and documents before her.

Getting her phone, she texted Jinsol asking how she was doing before going back to work.

An hour later, Jungeun finished the open plans and was skimming over the contracts needing approval. She had approved and signed the company’s acquisition for seven Boeing 777 aircraft to augment their fleet in the European side of the world. Two planes would be cargo planes and the rest would go on the passenger fleet of the airline. It had been a goal for her to beat out the other premiere airlines in terms of size and service quality.

Checking the clock, she hadn’t realize she was already working overtime for two hours. The staff might have already went home, she thought. Finishing up on her papers, she neatly arranged them on her desk and gathered her things. She was surprised to find her secretary still there.

“Time out was two hours ago.” Jungeun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter