Chapter Seventy-five: I Called For A Plumber

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The following day was a regular one. Soeun had school and Jungeun and Jinsol had work to do, overseeing some important dealings happening with their respective companies. They were going to finish their work and perhaps spend some time in the office since the kids won’t be at home until later tonight. Hyejoo has work at Rosy and would probably visit Chaewon over at her home in Yongin. She had gone home for the moment to spend some time with her parents and Jimin. Before each went to their places for the day, they all had breakfast together. The family had a radiant start to their morning filled with stories, banter, and Hyunjin’s 4d jokes as they ate their meal.

After that, Hyunjin went off to visit Hyunjin at her apartment, she didn’t have work today so they were free to spend time together. She also mentioned about wanting to go to some new attraction at downtown Seoul. Yerim, after dropping of Hyunjin went to Yeojin’s place, she loved spending time with Soojin’s techie cousin, despite her barely understanding Yeojin when she speaks her technological mumbo jumbo she loves to listen and try to understand Yeojin’s hobbies.

Over at Gangnam, Soojin and Hyewon was surprised to find Haseul cooking at the kitchen together with Kahei. The couple appear to have a good time as they joked and chatted while they did their own task in cooking. Seeing her mother made Soojin look at her watch and she was surprised that she was still casually dressed at eight in the morning.

“Eomma? You don’t have work today?” Soojin asked as she sat at the table, beside Hyewon.

“Yeah… I don’t anymore. I…stepped down the other day.” Haseul said.

Soojin hearing this was utterly speechless, her companies meant everything to her mother. Hearing her step down shook her to the core. She asked her mother why did she do that and the answer she heard further shocked her. Haseul still owned the company, but her role in the leadership has taken to more of a backseat position rather than being at the helm, as she used to do back then.

“I want to have a normal family Soojinnie.” Haseul said as she flipped the pancake she was cooking.

Haseul then further explained her realizations as she got married for the second time. She had fully realized how she had left Soojin alone to raise herself, her many shortcomings that caused Soojin to have a different upbringing from her friends and classmates. She told Soojin that this time, she wanted to be a mother to her, even if it was already too late.

“Eomma…it’s never too late.” Soojin said teary-eyed as she got up to hug her mother. Vivi took over the cooking so the pair could have a moment together.

Hyewon watched on with teary eyes as well. She remembered how little Soojin would say that she’s such a lucky person when her parents visit her at their boarding school back then. Now, Soojin was finally on her way to having a family of her own, a real one. They finished cooking and the mother and daughter pair had a tender moment as they ate breakfast. Soojin and Hyewon both had school and they were in a bit of a rush. Kahei would drive them to school after they finished eating.

“What will you do now eomma?” Soojin asked as she dabbed her lips clean of the maple syrup.

“Clean the house perhaps? While your dad is at work. Knitting maybe?” Haseul said with a glinting smile as she walked with her family to the front driveway. She watched her daughter and Hyewon get into Kahei’s BMW, waving goodbye as they went on their way. Only when the gate closed did Haseul go back inside her mansion.

“Well…there is that series I’ve been wanting to watch.” Haseul mused to herself as she went into the recreation room, stopping by the kitchen for some snacks.

Back at Hyejoo’s old home, Jihyo was struggling to keep things under control. Apparently, the pipe burst at the bathroom and water was pouring out of the broken hose like crazy. In the panic, Jaehee called Jimin instead of a plumbing service. While they waited for Jimin to arrive, Jaehee was running back and forth emptying bucket after bucket of water.

“Jihyo-ah! Here here!” Jaehee said as she returned from her latest ferry to the kitchen sink to dump the water.

Jihyo got the bucket and went to prop it under the burst hose to contain the flow. They tried to use electrical tape but the sheer pressure blew the tape of the incision. After a few minutes, they heard a truck pull over in front of the house. Relieved, Jihyo thought it was the plumber.

“She’s here!” Jaehee exclaimed as she ran out to meet the new arrival.

“She?” Jihyo said in puzzlement as she watched the bucket slowly fill up.

“Jiminnie! Its over here!” Jaehee said as Jihyo looked up, seeing Jimin emerge in the doorway.

Jaehee called Jimin? Jihyo thought in astonishment as she stood up, giving Jimin the space she needed to work. She bent down to check the damaged pipe. Rising, she ran out of the bathroom and onto the side of the house where the utility box was. Opening the stainless steel panel, Jimin looked for the water valve and shut it off. It, as expected, stopped water all around the house. She then jogged back to the bathroom to inform Jihyo of what has been done.

“Oh thank you Jimin-ah.” Jihyo thanked her friend profusely as she sat down on the floor, she had been splashed wet by the burst hose earlier and Jaehee handed her a towel so she can dry off.

“The water flow has been stopped for now. We need to change the hose so it won’t happen again.” Jimin said explaining to Jaehee what needs to be done.

This girl can do anything, Jaehee thought to herself as she listened to Jimin talk. She can hardly understand what she was talking about with regards to plumbing, pipes, and all that stuff. But she understood that she needed to have the hose replaced.

“Jimin-ah please have a break, here.” Jihyo said as she emerged from the kitchen, handing Jimin a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter