Chapter Fifty-two: Froggy

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyejoo and Soeun explore the house with Soojin on video call. The interior was an expansive area filled with natural light through its glass walls letting sunlight in. Modern style furniture pieces adorn the interior of the house along with art sculptures that look weird to Hyejoo.

“Hey look at that.” Hyejoo said, diverting Soeun’s attention from Soojin. She turned to look at the art piece which looked like floating blobs suspended in the air.

“It looks like those lava lamp blobs.” Soeun said, approaching the sculpture.

Yerim and Hyunjin soon came in the house followed by Jinsol and Jungeun. The butler whose name is Stevens, hauled the briefcases up into their rooms. Hyunjin took out her phone and began taking photos of Soeun, as she promised Soojin she would. She then later waved hello to her as she passed by.

“Soojin unnie! Hi!” Hyunjin said as she went into the kitchen to look for snacks. Soeun conveyed the hello Soojin replied as her unnie went into the kitchen.

“How’s the house darlings?” Jinsol asked as she approached the two. Hyejoo had replied that it was beautiful, like the houses she sees on American TV series shows. Jinsol tells her that this house belongs to them as well and they should take a look around the expansive property.

“Soojin dear! Hi how are you? Yah Harvard-ssi! Lemme borrow your kid!” Jinsol said as she saw Haseul behind Soojin who was laughing her head off at Jinsol’s cajoling. She said that she doesn’t mind, its just Soojin wants to spend time with her, hugging Soojin from behind.

“Aww, ain’t you two sweet. Well have fun over there! We’ll hang out when we come back.” Jinsol said, winking into the camera. If Soeun had learned something from her dad, its that she always had something in mind whenever she winks at a person.

The call ends moments later with Soeun promising to call back later. She and Hyejoo then walk around the house leaving Jinsol conferring with Jungeun at the living room.

“Did it work?” Jungeun asked Jinsol as they both sat down on the couch. They were talking about Haseul and Kahei which they both set up during their party the other night.

“Yeah, my people tell me that Haseul had visited and gone out with our good doctor multiple times.” Jinsol confidently said.

“I’m glad. She deserves to be happy.” Jungeun said as she laid back on the couch.

“Who knows? Maybe Soojinnie will finally have a father figure this time.” Jinsol said as she laid down on Jungeun’s lap.

“I’m sorta glad she didn’t see the psycho.” Jinsol added as Jungeun her hair back and forth.

“Yeah. The psycho was harassing Haseul throughout that time. We had to bring her to our vacation house in Switzerland to get him to back off.” Jungeun agreed recalling that episode of their life where Haseul would receive threats almost every single day.

Jungeun by then had enough and discreetly flew Haseul to their house in Switzerland while Jinsol arranged for Haseul’s information to be censored and classified, phone numbers changed and even the Internet addresses from their service provider. That was when Haseul moved to Gangnam and had around the clock police surveillance. Soojin wasn’t born yet but Haseul was nearly due with her that time.

“Would you cheat on me baby?” Jinsol cooed as she snuggled closer to Jungeun.

“Of course not! I love you Jindori.” Jungeun said as she cupped Jinsol’s cheeks together.

The two cuddled for a while and Jinsol got up from the couch, stretching her back. Jungeun already knows what her wife wants when she does that gesture.

“Massage again?” Jungeun asked.

Jinsol nodded as she went up the stairs, up towards the master bedroom with Jungeun following suit.

Meanwhile downstairs, Hyejoo was looking into a room that had fully caught her interest. She and Soeun were roaming the property when they had come upon a room in the basement. Stevens was with them to assist at their request. Yerim and Hyunjin were at the second floor, unpacking their things.

Hyejoo and Soeun found themselves inside a room whose walls were filled with rifles and pistols of varying shapes and sizes. The amount of guns in here could serve to outfit a small army.

“Uh… Stevens? Are you sure we could get in here?” Soeun asked tentatively.

“Of course ma’am. The masters of the house are allowed to be anywhere they desire. However, I must seek permission from Madames Jinsol or Jungeun should you wish to try the firearms.” Stevens eloquently answered.

There were wooden rifles, metal-cast rifles and even some polymer-based rifles all hung neatly on the wall. A competition grade Colt 1911 with custom parts caught Soeun’s attention.

“Looks like a gun from Star Wars.” Soeun said to herself as she admired the sights and custom-smithed barrel and hair trigger assembly.

“Ah yes, that’s Madame Jungeun’s personal firearm. She used to compete in marksmanship contests back in the day.” Stevens briefed the young mistress of the house.

All Soeun could say was wow as she brushed a finger along the Colt’s slide assembly, entranced by the cold steel.

“I suppose there is no harm in lifting the unloaded firearm Madame Sophie. Let me check.” Stevens said as he retrieved the pistol with a gloved hand, racking the slide to make sure there were no bullets inside. Sliding out the magazine showed no rounds inside. Satisfied, he handed the pistol to an excited Sophie.

Hyunjin managed to snap a few continous shots of Soeun posing around with the empty gun as she waved around the gun doing several action movie inspired poses.

“Hi!” She greeted as she went into the room, tapping her cane a few times.

“Oh hey, its the paparazzi.” Hyejoo teased as she lifted an unloaded Mauser K98 rifle.

“Its for Soojinnie!” Hyunjin said as she overtly took more photos of Soeun, who pouted her lips blowing a kiss into the camera. Hyunjin made her redo the gesture, this time capturing it in video.

“Wanna go roam around Los Angeles?” Yerim asked, stepping into the room.

The trio agreed and they all went out of the armory after putting the weapons into its proper mounts again. Stevens excused himself and went ahead to prepare the vehicles for travel.

Soeun saw a chambermaid and asked where her parents were. The maid replied that they were in their room and they wished not to be disturbed. Understanding, she left a message with the maid telling them that they went out to see the sights.

The state car stopped in front of the driveway and Stevens got out of the car to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter