Chapter Twenty-seven: The Engima

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heejin woke up at around eight in the morning. Getting up, she found that she was alone at the apartment Chaewon shares with her. She had probably already gone to school. It was still early and her classes start at around ten, but Heejin remembered that Hyewon and Jihyo has classes at around nine. Heejin was glad because Chaewon met Soojin and Soeun, thanks to them she finally has friends that she can be comfortable with. Back then, Chaewon would just spend her time alone whenever Heejin has classes. During their high-school years Chaewon had always belonged to the advanced program while Heejin was relegated to the regular program. Through those years, Chaewon had always been alone whenever she wasn’t around. Most people are intimidated by her and thus resort to avoiding her. Soojin and her friends are different however, love Chaewon’s company and they constantly invite her to go out. Just last night, Chaewon went home late from Namsan Tower. It was the first time Chaewon had actually celebrated her exams. Heejin had also noted that Chaewon had went home with a new bag and a radiant smile on her lips.

The apartment originally belonged to Heejin. Since she came from Gyeonggi Province, so she had rented an apartment here while she worked for aunt Kahei and prepared for the medical board exams. Chaewon then moved here when Jimin started globetrotting because she was mostly alone at Yongin. Sooyoung was mostly at her weapons labs and testing facilities while Jiwoo was roaming the world as well doing philanthropic activities.

Chaewon opted to be with Heejin as their estate at Yongin had a lonely aura, its now habited by a full cadre of staff members keeping the house in shape. Since Chaewon had moved, she’d split the rent and she takes charge of the groceries. This allowed Heejin to save up more on her salary, putting her medical school bills on the fast track. She came from an upper-middle class family but medical school is still an expensive endeavor. Chaewon originally offered to pay for her school but she turned it down, her best friend had already done so much for her. The frugality her best friend lives by is something that Heejin admires greatly.

Walking to the kitchen, she found homemade pizza on the table with a pot of green tea beside it. Smiling, Heejin sat down and ate. Chaewon was this grumpy genius whose patience was thinner than hair, but she cares for those around her.

After eating, Heejin took a shower and changed into her medical scrubs. It was morning duty with her aunt Kahei in her clinic. She was looking forward to this morning’s session because her aunt had told her it was a special client. The daughter of Korean Air’s CEO. Heejin was looking forward to meeting the patient and learning from her aunt.

What Heejin lacks in sheer intellectual prowess, she more than makes up for it with her determination. Unlike Chaewon, Heejin was an average learner; slow even. It takes a while for her to completely absorb the things she’s working on. But she never gives up no matter how hard or long it takes her.

Giving the house a once over, she locked the windows and went out the door. As she walked towards the elevator she recalled seeing a Polaroid of Chaewon and Hyejoo tucked in one of Chaewon’s notebooks.

Exiting the elevator she left the apartment building and waited for a taxi on the streets. Hailing one, she got aboard and gave the hospital’s address.

Meanwhile inside Jungeun’s estate, she and Hyunjin were getting ready to leave for the hospital. Neugdae was already standing by Hyunjin’s wheelchair, however she wasn’t ready to go. She kept on insisting that she bring Daemon, her British Shorthair cat.

Hyunjin stared pleadingly at Jungeun while cradling her cat, her eyes sparkling. She couldn’t really resist Hyunjin and so she agreed, letting Daemon come with them.

As Jungeun guided the wheelchair to the elevator, she felt sorry for Neugdae. The husky would have a hard time with Daemon’s bickers. Luckily, the husky was a tolerant one who followed the hierarchy to the absolute letter or else Daemon would probably be his snack years ago.

Jinsol was waiting for them at the ground floor. Handing Hyunjin her lunch box with bread that Yerim and she had made. Hugging Hyunjin tightly, she went with them to the waiting Rolls Royce outside. The luxury car was custom fitted with a special lift that allowed Hyunjin to get on the car without leaving her wheelchair. The left passenger seat was also removed to allow her wheelchair to slide neatly in. Jungeun sat beside Hyunjin on the other side. Before they got on, Jinsol kissed both of them and closed Hyunjin’s door for her. Seeing them off, Jinsol waited for the Royce to disappear before going back inside. Jinsol had a meeting with her executives at Lotte this morning, changing into her bespoke Dolce & Gabbana three piece suit. Hefting her briefcase, she went out once more towards their outdoor garage. Opening it with a remote and boarding the blue Lamborghini Centenario. The hypercar only had a hundred made models to celebrate the brand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter