Chapter Seven: First Day

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojin woke up and eagerly got out of her bed. There was a spring in the lady’s step as she went to the bathroom and took a morning shower. Dressing in a white cardigan with a black blouse underneath and white slacks with high heels. A final check of her things were made. She then snapped a photo and sent to Soeun along with a good morning message.

Exiting her room, she found Zoa walking down the hall. Catching up, she greeted her good morning.  Zoa replied in Korean, earning a raised eyebrow from Soojin. The girl’s Korean had improved quite a bit. Luckily, her cousin was quite smart and could learn at a faster rate if she committed to whatever she was studying.

Min-yeong met them both at the staircases’ landing and led them to the dining room where their breakfast was ready and served. Zoa enrolled in a literature degree program. This means that they would be studying prominent pieces of literature from all over the world. Books had greatly interested her since she was young. In fact, the moment they arrived, Zoa went immediately to Soojin’s library. According to one of the butlers. She had stayed there until the wee hours of the morning, barely managing to get herself to her room which was luckily just next door.

Once they were done eating, the two then went with Min-yeong towards their Mercedes. Some of the household staff waited for them near the front door to wish them good luck. They found the big, black sedan waiting just below the front steps to the house. Once inside, the car revved to life heading towards the University.

Soojin and Zoa split ways near the entrance. The liberal arts college was located on the other side of the University. Wishing her cousin good luck, they went on their own way. Soojin walked down the covered walkway and after a few minutes she reached the building where the College of Business Sciences was located. It was a big gray building stretching across the vicinity. A bronze statue of the College’s founder was placed on the yard in front of the building’s entrance. Inside, Soojin found her first classroom for the day. Going inside, she found a few students were already inside. Taking a chair near the back, she took off her bag and checked her phone for messages. She found a message from her mother wishing her a good day and good luck. Another message also soon popped up as she was typing up a reply for her mother. It was Soeun. The message contained a photo: a photo of her looking down on her phone as she sat inside the room. Instantly, Soojin looked up.

Soeun was standing in the doorway with a subtle smile on her face. She was wearing her usual olive drab jacket and a bag was slung over her shoulder.

“You look pretty.” Soeun complemented as she sat beside Soojin. This made her blush as she thanked her.

Meanwhile, on the other end of SNU Zoa was walking through her college. She was looking for her first room for the day. As she walked, she checked the room’s number plates hoping to find the one that matches the room number of her first class. Eventually, she found the room on the second floor.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter