Chapter Sixty-one: Rifts

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojin woke up to Soeun sitting beside her, preparing their breakfast. There was a push cart beside her and Soeun was gingerly putting each dish on a wooden breakfast tray. Surprising her with a gentle back hug, Soeun was startled to see that Soojin was awake already.

“I was hoping you’d wake up a bit later.” Soeun chuckled as she kissed Soojin’s forehead, her way of greeting her a good morning when they’re together.

The couple had began eating breakfast side by side. Sana had thoughtfully brought them breakfast earlier, luckily Soeun was awake and the two had a chance to talk.

“You really love her huh Soeun-chan?” Sana asked Soeun as they sat on the couch.

“I really do. Soojin-ah has always been kind to me especially during those days when it was just me and Hyejoo-unnie.” Soeun said as she explained how she had met Soojin and how they were recently reunited with her family.

“Wow, I had no idea Soeun-chan. You and your sister have been through a lot! I highly admire your sister for not giving up on you. I hope she’s taking life easy now, she really deserves it. As for you and Soojin-chan, you two seem like destined for each other! Not even Haseul-san’s wrath could deter you.” Sana said in awe after she heard how Soeun grew up. She hadn’t met Hyejoo but she already has her respect after learning what she had to go through to raise Soeun properly. Sana had also found the couple quite gutsy for going against Haseul’s wishes.

Soeun was curious as to how Sana met Tzuyu and how their story was. Sana happily shared a summary of how they met and fell in love with each other. Soeun listened intently.

“Well I was a singer back then, we had a pretty well-known group back then with a huge fandom. We’ve performed everywhere, Korea, Japan, America and Europe. It was quite the fever dream really, being at the top of your career and everything. I had fans both male and female and Tzuyu was among them. One of the most avid fans really. She would always be there at my fanmeets giving me all kinds of exquisite gifts. I found out through contacts that she’s the only child of a Taiwanese hotel magnate and I was surprised, I didn’t know I had fans of people in the social circle. Her efforts doubled up when she literally appeared outside our dorm room.” Sana shared before drinking tea that was offered by Soeun. Soojin was still sound asleep on their bed inside the master bedroom.

“After that she began seeing me in private, even going as far to rent the entire Jeju island for our getaways when we’re not promoting. She would always be with me when I’m not promoting or working. We would go to places late at night, heavily disguised so not many people would recognize us.”

“But you know what was the kicker? I thought that this was just perfectly normal and that she was just being friendly with me. I got the shock of my life when all of a sudden, Tzuyu-chan straight up confesses during our candlelight dinner at Dubai.” Sana said with a stifled laugh, so as not to wake the slumbering Soojin.

“Sana-chan, it was pretty obvious from the start. All the gifts, attention and affection Tzuyu-chan showers you with.” Soeun replied.

“Right?! All of our friends say that as well!” Sana replied lightly slapping her knee.

The conversation continued for a few more moments until Sana bid goodbye to Soeun, saying Tzuyu was waking up any moment now and she went to be with her. Soeun then pushed the breakfast cart into their room and thus Soojin woke up moments later.

The then had breakfast and prepared to venture out once more to Osaka to see the sights again. This time, Tzuyu was going to accompany them as Sana had matters to attend to regarding the hotel. As the trio went in Soeun’s SUV, the couple was curious as to what Tzuyu does for a living.

“Well currently I’m the executive vice president for operations. My father is still the CEO and the Chairman. I usually spend my time making surprise inspections at our hotels to make sure they are all up to par.” Tzuyu said, answering their question.

“You two are university students right?” Tzuyu asked back and was met by nods from the two.

“That’s good. But never think that a degree is equal to competence. Skill, experience and character weigh much more than that. Remember that well future CEOs.” Tzuyu said with a wink.

They headed to the Tempozan Ferris Wheel. The 112 meter tall structure gave a beautiful view over daytime Osaka. The ferris wheel was at Tempozan Harbor Village near Osaka’s coastline. This ferris wheel is one of the notably larger ones of its kind in Asia with a diameter spanning over a hundred meters.

“Look over there! Its really pretty!” Soojin said as she pointed out towards the skyline, the village houses were placed in neat little rows that was pleasing to the eye. The coastline also added a sapphire flair to the vista as azure sea water gently caress the beach.

“Oh yeah, she’s really pretty. Oh! Yeah the coastline’s pretty I mean!” Soeun jokingly said as she looked at Soojin before shifting her gaze out to where Soojin was pointing.

Tzuyu saw Soeun’s romantic tirade and stifled a laugh. She remembered Sana doing the same to her when they went to Paris for their honeymoon a couple of years back. They were riding the orange ferris wheel in one of the special transparent bottom cars so they could see an all-around view of Osaka Bay in a bubble like enclosure. After their ride in the ferris wheel, the group went to the Legoland Discovery Center where a plethora of real world attractions and biomes were replicated using Lego bricks.

Tzuyu then brought the couple to one of the tall towers that have become symbols for Osaka. Heading first to the newer tower, the Kobe Port Tower is found on the outskirts of the city near the main city harbor. Despite its distance from the city center, the tower still attracts hordes of visitors both local and foreign. The earthquake-proof structure stands at over a hundred meters tall. Soeun luckily remembered to bring Hyunjin’s GoPro and had filmed their trek up to the top of the tower. Capturing the view of the city as well as the Kobe Port area, they had an absolute good time looking at the sights. Sana’s hotel could be seen from one of the analog telescopes mounted along the sides of the observation deck.

Hungry, the went to the rotating restaurant above the tower. Soojin found it peculiar to see a different view every time she looked up. Nevertheless, it was an enjoyable experience.

Next, they had went to Tsutenkaku, the oldest Osaka tower. It was the tower located in the city center and it Osaka’s best known landmark. The resilient tower was rebuilt after its destruction during the second world war. As the trio stood at the top, Soeun was filming, capturing the beautiful view all around the city center. Dropping by the shrine of the God of Happiness, the trio gave a couple of coins in tribute as they wished for more happiness to come.

“Aieiru Park Soeun-ah!” Soojin said as the camera was pointing at her, blowing a kiss as she did so.

Going down from the tower, the group had decided to go back to the hotel for a breather. Tzuyu also wanted to check in on Sana, who was probably done with her meeting by now. Heading back to the hotel, Tzuyu excused herself momentarily as she went to Sana’s office. The couple went up to their suite to relax.

“Towers really look cool huh, especially from above.” Soeun said as she sat down on the couch beside Soojin.

“Yeah, they really are neat. Espec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter