Chapter Eighty-two: Looming Danger

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haseul was still at her company’s headquarters. They were conferring in the executive conference room. She was sifting through the papers and listening to the chatter of her executives. They were talking about the possible improvements and new plans that their companies might take upon her approval. Haseul still owned the conglomerate after all.

A couple of days ago, Haseul had her construction company send their engineers to Waegwan Abbey for preliminary inspection and planning. They were going to give the orphanage a makeover. Jinsol had approached her about this idea immediately after she had gone home from the orphanage. Of course, Haseul agreed before her friend could even finish her proposal. She had just signed the authorization papers that would enable the team of engineers and architects to begin work with a lofty 5 billion Won budget. No expense would be spared in the restoration of the orphanage that was once home to both Soeun and Hyejoo.

“Jo sajang-nim, if I may say, you’ve become more glowing these past days!” One of Haseul’s female executives commented with a smile.

Indeed, the business magnate had become glowing the past days. When she had stepped down from active leadership, she had more time to herself. Haseul was now able to wake up at nine in the morning, a deed which was so incorrigible to her at one point in her life, always waking at six in the morning to begin her day. She was also able to take more time into her personal care which made her bloom even more. Not to mention the care she receives from Vivi who never fails to make her feel loved and cared for. Almost every single day’s breakfast would be cooked by her and their personal chef. The laid back life truly suited her and benefited her health as well. She was now healthier and had a very pleasant outlook on life.

“Oh thank you, Kim-ssi. I’m being taken care of quite well these days.” Haseul giggled.

At that moment, one of her secretaries entered the room and placed an envelope on the table top in front of her. She told her that it was addressed directly to her. Thanking the young lady, Haseul held the envelope in her hands, slowly flipping it back and forth hoping to find details pertaining to the sender. However, all it said is her name and the company headquarters address. Pickup up her letter opener, she sliced the envelope open. Inside was a single sheet of paper. Seeing the white paper and the black ink peering out from the thin paper made a chill run down her spine. It was not like the other letters of correspondence that she receives. This was different, her instincts told her.

Before opening the folded sheet of paper, Haseul looked through the shielded windows. The conference room’s armored window shields were lowered and it was rated to stop high power bullets from penetrating. There might be another shooter waiting for her or something. The executives knew and understood the reason behind it was the failed assassination attempt of Haseul’s wife. They had also expressed their sympathies and will to cooperate should she need assistance earlier before the meeting started.

Taking a deep breath, she opened the paper. The letter read:

Haseul. How could you take our daughter away from us? Soojin… as my men have informed me as our child’s name, how is she doing? Now you married that doctor. How dare you! Those meddlesome friends of yours have ruined everything! They deserved to lose their children and it was such a shame that the loss wasn’t permanent! But I might make some corrections to that…who knows? I will be seeing whichever one of you soon. Best regards…

The letter trailed off without a signature yet Haseul knew who it was. Honestly speaking, she hoped he was dead already. Reading these words had made Haseul want to curl up and scream in frustration. A seemingly cold grip tightened around her heart as she felt as if she was being frozen from the feet up. One of the guards noticed this and asked if she was okay.

“I’m alright. Tha-thank you. Call Lt. Colonel Shin and Jinsol… Sooyoung as well please notify them of a possible break in the case.” Haseul told the guard as she got her phone from her bag. Dialing Soojin, she asked how she was doing.

“I’m okay mom. Chaewon-ah went down to the kitchen for some nachos and snacks. I’m with her and Jimin-ah, we’re watching some web dramas.” Soojin told her mother and she heard an audible sigh of relief. Soojin asked if she was okay and Haseul replied that everything was okay and told her to take care. They had exchanged a few more details before hanging up, telling each other that they love one another before doing so.

“Sajang-nim, if it’s a concern regarding your family, please do go and attend to it. We got the businesses down pat madam.” The eldest and most trusted executive, President Baek gently told Haseul.

Thanking the man and excusing herself, she went out of the conference room early and headed straight to the elevators. She had her secretary pick up her bag in her office which was a few rooms away, Haseul and her guards went to the elevator bay to wait. Retrieving the bag, she had also locked the office using the access card Haseul gave her, she rejoined the entourage a few moments later. They immediately went into the elevator car and pressed the button for the basement garage. The guards were placed on high alert after they were informed of the letter’s message. Four guards had their weapons out as they scanned the parking lot for any unfamiliar individuals or vehicles. Finding none, Haseul was immediately rushed inside her vehicle and they all sped off making a beeline towards Gangnam.

“Jinsol-ah? Jungie? Can we meet? It’s urgent.” Haseul said as she was called Jungeun. She being driven home at an obviously urgent pace. She had also called Vivi but she told her that she still had three more patients to look at today. Haseul wished her well and to be careful at all times. Knowing how much Vivi loved her work made talking her out of it a futile effort.

The couple had agreed and told Haseul that they would be at Gangnam in a couple of minutes. They planned  to make

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter