Chapter Sixty-two: Fight Night and Jealousy

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soeun wakes up early in the morning, finding Soojin wasn’t in her arms. Instantly jolting awake, Soeun gets up to look for her. She was worried where Soojin had gone to.

Soojin comes just in time to shush her back to bed with a tray of food she had gotten, courtesy of Sana and her hotel cooks. Last night’s pizza was an absolute treat, their host was indeed a talented cook.

“Shh…back to bed daddy.” Soojin cooed as she gestured Soeun to go back to bed. Puzzled, she obeyed and sat back on the bed.

Soojin placed the tray beside her. She would serve Soeun this time, as a way to make it up for last night. Getting a plate of chicken teriyaki, Soojin slowly cut the food into bite sized pieces and offered some to Soeun. She took the piece Soojin offered and ate it, puzzled at what was happening.

“Let me make it up to you daddy.” Soojin gently told her upon seeing Soeun’s puzzled expression. She wanted to make it up to her by taking care of her. Soeun always cared for her back then, now its her turn to do the same to her.

Soojin successfully finished feeding Soeun and it was her turn to eat. Soeun got the plate and chopsticks and did the same for her. Soojin resisted, telling her that it was okay and to rest some more.

“I’ll take care of you Soojinnie. No matter what.” Soeun told her which made Soojin let go of the plate and chopsticks. Soeun then did the same as what had Soojin did earlier. Cutting the chicken up into pieces and serving it up to Soojin after dipping it in sauce.

The couple had finished preparing for their day ahead. Showering in turns and changing into matching outfits, Soojin and Soeun went to the elevator. They had wanted to drop by Sana and Tzuyu’s suite for a change. They hadn’t had the opportunity to drop by the couple’s suite. Soojin also wanted to thank them for their helpful intervention last night.

Soojin had slept soundly last night as Soeun had rubbed her back assuring her that she would never leave or cheat on her. Holding her close, Soeun peppered her with reassuring kisses that had helped Soojin sleep.

This was their first major disagreement as a couple and Soeun had vowed to keep it as few as possible. Losing Soojin was one of the things she feared the most, seconded only by her irate fear of darkness.

Arriving at the suite, Soeun knocks on the door. Sana’s sing-song voice was heard a few seconds later, asking who was it.

“Its Soojin and Soeun!” Soojin said. Sana replied telling them to come in. The couple heard the door locks disengage and gently pushed the door open.

Inside, Sana was sitting on the couch going over a few papers arrayed over the coffee table. Tzuyu was pouring tea into two cups. Seeing the two, she offered them tea if they wanted. Agreeing, she got up and got two more cups for them.

“Oh ho! I see you guys are doing okay now. Fixed it?” Sana asked, looking up from her paperwork.

“Yeah, thank you. The both of you for helping us. Truly.” Soojin said bowing deeply to the couple.

“Oh its alright darling. But next time, ask what’s happening first okay? You and Tzuyu are quite the same.” Sana said giggling as she recalled her first disagreement with her.

Tzuyu arrived just in time to shush Sana up. Handing the couple their cups, she had sat down beside Sana. She had then inquired about what the couple plans to do today. Soojin had no idea what to do today except to lounge around and rest when Sana had suddenly an idea.

“The Temple to the God of Happiness!” Sana exclaimed excitedly. She remembered the Ikuta Temple at the city center. The Shrine was known to give good luck and happiness to couples that visit there.

“Oh yeah! That’s a good idea Sana-chan!” Tzuyu said as she sipped tea, approving of her idea.

Sana then finished her paperwork shortly after while Tzuyu chatted with the two, keeping them entertained.

“Have you ever been to Jeju Soojin-chan?” Tzuyu asked.

“No, not yet Tzuyu-chan.” Soojin replied.

She had never been to Jeju even though her mother owns a couple of resorts over there. Tzuyu owns one as well. Soojin made it a point to visit in the near future. The trio were still chatting when suddenly Soeun’s phone rang, picking it up she answered the call.

It was Hyejoo.

“Yo Soeun-ah! How’s Japan?” Hyejoo asked.

Soeun told her that they were doing okay and Japan has a lot of attractions worth visiting. Hearing Jinsol’s voice asking if they had met their hosts.

“Yes dad, they’re really friendly and nice.” Soeun replied, assuring Jinsol that they were in good hands. She believed that Japan was a safe country and that any threats to the family couldn’t get them so she withheld the security team following them so they could have privacy. Besides, no one but them knew about the flight a couple of days ago.

Hyejoo then bids her sister goodbye and to take care of herself.

“Oh yeah, Hyunjin-unnie’s asking if she’s gonna be an aunt soon.” Hyejoo imparted one last message before she hung up. Chuckling, Soeun put her phone back in her pocket as they waited for Sana to finish her work.

An hour later and the group was on the way to the temple. Sana regaled the two with tales about the temple as they traveled. She had also shared some fond memories that she had made over there during her high school years.

“I was actually supposed to drop by the Temple before going home after shopping with my friends one day. But midway our shopping trip, I was casted by a talent scout. Little did I know that would jumpstart my life and bring Chewy to me.” Sana shared as they drove to the temple. Soojin was amazed at how peculiar Sana’s casting story. Usually, she heard that most aspiring trainees apply and audition for the companies and not the other way around.

Tucked away in the city center stands the temple dedicated to the God of Happiness. Encapsulated in a lush park, the group took a twelve minute walk from the parking lot to the Temple’s gate. The serene atmosphere that the shrine gives off makes it very ideal for a breather, away from the hectic city.

The temple building itself is well kept and has lots to see. The complex has several buildings each with a definite purpose. Cherry blossom trees and two large statues at the entrance to greet you. As they passed by the statues, Soojin was amazed at how tranquil t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter