Chapter Fifty-three: Eomma's Suspicious

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaehee made last minute checks to her things, checking if they were all inside her bag. Jihyo was cooking breakfast out in the kitchen while Jaehee fumbled across the floor as she dropped her markers, scattering them on the floor. Jaehee was under the bedframe when Jihyo entered the room. The sight confounded her for a bit until she saw the markers rolling all across the floor. She must have dropped them, Jihyo thought.

“Uh, Jelly? Breakfast’s ready.” She informed Jaehee, leaving the door open to set the table.

After a few minutes, Jaehee finally found the marker under their bed. Crawling out from under the bed frame, she put the markers in her bag and went out to join Jihyo in eating.

“Excited Jelly?” Jihyo asked as she made orange juice.

Jaehee had bought a couple bags of the oranges that Jimin gave her awhile back to Seoul. She had given the rest to her parents back at Sejong. It was simply too many for her to eat by herself. They had finished their breakfast when they heard a knock on the door.

Who could that be? Jihyo thought to herself as she went to the door.

“Oh hi Jimin-ah!” Jihyo said as she opened the door, finding Jimin outside. Inviting her in, she gamely went in, seeing Jaehee sitting at the dining table, hastily fixing her hair.

“Good morning Jimin-ah!” Jaehee said, giving Jimin a hug. Kissing the top of her head, she gently lifted her up. Jihyo found herself missing Hyewon-ah, oh well they’re classmates anyways. Jimin joined the two for breakfast and afterwards drove them to school.

“What course will you be taking honey?” Jimin asked while they cruised through the streets in her Jeep.

“Interior Design! I like decorating stuff and I feel I could do a lot there.” Jaehee proudly said.

“Jimin-unnie, if you don’t mind. Why aren’t you taking college?” Jihyo asked.

“Well… I feel like its not for me. I make a good living from my travel writing and blogging. Besides it gives Chaewon a break from being associated with me on-campus.” Jimin said, chuckling to herself.

They had pulled over near the main gate and spotted a familiar vehicle. It was Soojin’s Maybach and she was walking up the stairs. Jihyo called out to wait for them and they hurriedly got off, thanking Jimin for the ride.

“Oh wait! Almost forgot, here.” Jaehee said, running back towards Jimin. Standing on the step boards, she leaned in through Jimin’s open window, kissing her lover once in the cheek and another on the lips.

“Bye bye now baby!” Jaehee said, running back towards Soojin and Jihyo.

Jimin pulled away from the parking lot with a huge smile on her face.

Over at Los Angeles, the family was walking along Santa Monica taking photos and admiring the beautiful beach and sceneries. Hyunjin was eating a corn dog as she videographed her sisters walking along the baywalk with a GoPro camera mounted on a head harness. She wanted to have the day on video but her hands were full with the corn dog and her cane, luckily Jinsol had a head mount for a GoPro from her biker days.

Seeing Yerim was busy on her phone, she elbowed her younger sister.

“Psst… That Yeojin?” Yerim nodded to Hyunjin’s question. Hyunjin responded with a poke to Yerim’s hip. Hyunjin had then moved close towards Soeun, proceeding to take a close up shot of her as she munched on the corn dog.

“Say hi for Soojinnie.” Hyunjin requested. Soeun greeted Soojin hi, blowing a kiss to the camera. Hyunjin then moved toward Hyejoo.

“Hyejoo-ah, say hi for Chaewon-ah.” Hyunjin said. Hyejoo coolly greeted Chaewon and winked in the end.

Satisfied, Hyunjin went back to filming the beach, capturing the waves gently caress the sands of the beach. Jinsol watched the girls walk up and down the boardwalk, noticing the Yerim was busier than usual on her phone.

“Baby? Yerim’s quite busy on her phone.” Jinsol said, telling Jungeun to look at their kid.

“Hmm… maybe she’s talking with their friends? Soojin and their gang?” Jungeun suggested. Jinsol found that reasonable and let the matter rest, munching on a Snicker’s bar.

The family then went to Rodeo Drive to survey the various stores located along the three kilometer-long strip of high-end malls and clothing stores. Their parents followed them wherever they went, making sure that they were okay. Hyunjin was videotaping the entire time. This time, the camera was held in her free hand and the head mount smooshed indiscriminately in her clutch bag.

Entering a Dior store, Soeun found a purse that Soojin would probably love. Deciding to get the black leather purse for her as a gift, Soeun paid using her platinum card. The entire transaction was over in less than half a minute.

So that’s how its done. Soeun said as she tucked the card into her wallet. No coins, no change, just a receipt. She also got a pair of stilettos for herself, Jinsol jokingly commented that she’d tower over them if she wore those. Soeun honestly couldn’t believe she had spent over ten thousand US Dollars for a pair of shoes and a purse. It was something that she had to accept, considering her new status in life. Jinsol refused to buy them anything that isn’t considered high-end or exquisite by her standards. She understood why, but she still has difficulty in understanding that their budget for a month is now her budget for a pair of high heeled shoes.

Hyejoo bought a Louis-Vuitton briefcase. She’d use it to put pertinent business papers and other important documents. She also got a book tote bag for Chaewon. It’d be useful in the books she brings to school ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter