Chapter Fifty-one: Strange Visits

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Be careful over there okay?” Soojin admonished Soeun as she fixed her coat’s collar. Soeun assured her that they would be careful over there and promised to call whenever she can.

She was at Gimpo International with Soeun and her family. Soojin wanted to see her girl off at her first international flight, well the first properly documented flight that is. Jinsol had gotten them the appropriate visa and passports each. Their bank accounts were already being prepared by one of her financial advisers. They needed a specific pattern that would get them invited to the American Express Centurion Card Program. So the two would finally have their own black cards along with their elder sisters.

They were at the private terminal while waiting for the family jet to finish its preparations. Jungeun would not be flying as Jinsol grounded her from going near airplane controls due to their impromptu overseas snack time the other day. Instead, one of the airline’s pilots would be flying them to their destination today.

“Sweetie are you sure you don’t want to come with us? I could phone Jo Harvard right now. She won’t decline, guaranteed.” Jinsol asked one more time.

“Its okay Jinsol-appa. Its a family trip, I want you guys to have time together.” Soojin said, politely declining.

“Oh darling that’s so sweet! But always remember, you’re family okay?” Jinsol replied, pinching Soojin’s cheeks. Such a sweet and polite lady, she thought as she gazed at her.

Jungeun was notified that their plane was ready and the car was outside ready to bring them to the hangar. The family bid Soojin goodbye before they left the terminal. Hyunjin was now walking steadily with the help of her cane.

“Bye bye Soojin-unnie! I’ll send you stolen photos of Sophie-ah.” Hyunjin said, whispering at the last part. Chuckling, Soojin gave her a pat on the back as she passed by her.

Soojin waited for the private jet carrying the family to take to the skies before she left the airport.

The family sat inside the cabin with the couple sitting beside each other and the kids sitting on the lounge chairs, beside each other. Hyejoo sat down, leafing through her passport. Jinsol had decided to let the two use their news names instead of their birth names. She had made the appropriate changes to their documents and thus their passports bore the name Hyejoo and Soeun instead of Olivia and Sophie. The two let their family and friends call them by their original names if they so choose. Soojin for instance, calls Soeun as Sophie when she has a request.

“Never thought I’d get one of these.” Soeun said absentmindedly as she leafed through the passport and placed it back in her purse. Her wallet also held an American Express Platinum Card and a few thousand dollars. The key to her Maybach was also inside the purse, forgetting to take it out.

“Oh sweetie, get used to it. Nothing but the best for my angels.” Jungeun said, looking up from a magazine. Soeun chuckled as she realized she had voiced her thoughts aloud.

“I’ll have to contact my advisers for your black cards okay dears? Should take about a couple of weeks.” Jinsol said.

“Oh appa, its alright. Honestly I don’t even know what to buy with my card.” Hyejoo said. Indeed she had no idea what to do with it. She figured she’d make a donation to charities, a couple of donations at least. Buy Chaewon a couple of stuffed animals. That sorta thing.

“Sweetie, Yerim and Hyunjin have black cards. I don’t want my two younger daughters to have anything else. Okay?” Jinsol said winking. Truly this woman always gets her way no matter what.

Hyunjin was peeking out of the windows looking at the clouds while Yerim caught up with her crocheting. She had made crochet beanies for the four of them. They were all having a good time.

Back at Korea, Soojin was sitting in her car as it waited at a red light with her hand on the vacant seat to her right. This was where Soeun used to sit back then. She smiled to herself as she recalled the times where they’d come to SNU in her car. Now, they arrive in matching vehicles.

My sugar mommy days are over, Soojin thought to herself chuckling as she got out from the car. They had stopped by a cafe to get her mother’s favorite pretzels. This was one of the cafes where she and Soeun fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter