Chapter Thirty-nine: Reconciliation

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tonight was something entirely new for Soeun. For sixteen years, she slept beside Hyejoo, wrapping her in a hug as they slumbered. Each of them had different rooms and Soeun found it hard to sleep. She couldn’t turn the lights off as she was deathly afraid of the darkness. Soeun tried to listen to music to lull herself to sleep, but she really missed Hyejoo. She wanted to go to her room.

Rising from her bed, Soeun had realized that her bed alone could fit three or four people her size and still had room to move around. Looking around, she had suddenly realized that her room alone was three quarters of their house. A spacious walk-in closet was placed on her left side, it was empty for the moment but they were going to fill it to the brim, Jinsol promised as she showed her and Hyejoo their new rooms. Soeun and Hyejoo decided not to use their old room to preserve the memory. Soeun had gotten the teddy bears and placed it inside her room. Her bags lay opened beside her bed, she was too tired to unpack.

Gently opening the door, she stuck her head out of the spacious hall. Soeun turned her room’s light off as she closed her door.

“It looks like a hotel here.” Soeun whispered to herself as she walked along the carpeted floor. Hyejoo’s room was directly in front of hers. Checking the knob, she was relieved to find the door was unlocked.

Soeun went inside and found Hyejoo sleeping. Silently creeping to her sister, Soeun draped her leg over Hyejoo and hugged her from behind. Finally in a familiar setting, Soeun drifted off to sleep in moments.

Jinsol woke up at around five in the morning, always an early riser, she wanted to get everything done as early as possible. She wanted to check on Soeun and Hyejoo, she had went to Soeun’s room first. Opening the door, she peered inside.

Jinsol’s heart almost stopped when she saw an empty bed as she flicked on the lights.

Has she run away? Her bags were still here so it was unlikely.

Kidnapped? Jinsol opened her phone and set the silent alarm off.

Hyejoo woke up to the dull thump of shoes outside. Rapid and fast, she was curious who was causing all that ruckus. She was even more surprised to find Soeun draping half her body over her as she softly snored. Brushing her hair, she saw a slight smile formed in her lips. Gently cupping her ears so her slumber wouldn’t be disturbed, Hyejoo waited for the marching to subside.

 The door was suddenly flung open by a suited man. He scanned the room to find a surprised Hyejoo and a slumbering Soeun on top of her. He spoke into an earpiece and Jinsol showed up in mere moments.

“Oh, I’m sorry dear. I thought Soeun was missing.” Jinsol apologized as she kissed Hyejoo’s forehead. She had understood Jinsol’s reaction.

“Apologies Hyejoo-ssi.” The suited man bowed and closed the door before him as he left.

“Oh she’s so cute.” Jinsol whispered as she admired Soeun’s sleeping form. Her youngest daughter was like a koala bear clinging onto a tree branch for support.

“She always sleeps like this.” Hyejoo said as she brushed her sister’s head.

The door was opened once more. Yerim and Hyunjin emerged from the door, the former had a worried expression on her face.

“Oh, little Sophie is here Yerim-ah.” Hyunjin said as she slightly lifted herself up to see Soeun sleeping on top of Hyejoo.

“Baby were you awoken?” Jinsol asked them.

“The guards said they were looking for little sister. I was scared because I thought she was missing again. I wanted to help so I went out.” Hyunjin said and Yerim concurred with a nod.

“Oh such angels, she’s fine babies. I overreacted when I saw her room empty.” Jinsol apologized to the two as well. Hyunjin wheeled towards Soeun and gently patted her hair.

“Little Sophie don’t be gone anymore okay? We’ll take care of you.” Hyunjin said as she caressed her sister’s head. She then went back to their room followed by Yerim.

Hyejoo went back to their house with Soeun the following day. They had to pack up their things for the move tommorow. Luckily, Soeun didn’t have school today so she could help Hyejoo pack. Hyejoo packed up their clothes while Soeun got her books and notebooks packed safely inside boxes.

“Well kid, its really happening.” Hyejoo said as she zipped up a suitcase.

“Yeah. This house has a lot of memories.” Soeun said, looking around their room.

“We’ll make more over there, with our sisters.” Hyejoo said rubbing her sister’s house.

“What are you gonna do with the house unnie?” Soeun asked. Hyejoo had worked hard to own this house she doesn’t want it to just abandon it.

“I’m thinking of giving it to Jihyo-ah. She’s a good girl and having her own place means she won’t have to pay rent anymore. Plus its a bit bigger so you guys could use the place for sleepovers.” Hyejoo answered the question, Jihyo and the gang did a lot for them. It was time to give back.

“I’d love that unnie.” Soeun said, taping up a couple of boxes closed.

Soojin meanwhile was going to Hyejoo’s old house. Haseul was with her, she wanted to make amends with her as well. Starting over with a pleasant relationship between

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter