Chapter Thirteen: Kids

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Zoa had finished dressing up and was heading out the door. Before she went downstairs, she dropped by to check on Soojin in her room. She was painting something, Zoa couldn’t see as the easel was facing away from her and Soojin was facing the door. Min-yeong was standing by Soojin’s side, ready to assist if need be.

“Going somewhere?” Soojin inquired upon looking up and seeing Zoa all dressed up.

Usually, her cousin just stays in her room or in the family library absorbed in reading the plethora of books, so seeing her out and about usually means she was off to somewhere.

“I’m going to Jihan’s.”

“Ohh, want me to come with you?” Soojin offered.

“Nah, I’m good. I’ll take a cab, so I can explore the city as well.” Zoa countered.

She then asked if Soojin wanted anything. Upon Soojin saying that she’s okay, she then excused herself and went downstairs. The booked cab was already a few minutes away. She waited downstairs in the family’s grand hall.

Zoa herself came from a wealthy family, but Soojin’s wealth is on a vastly different level. As she had admired the bespoke furniture and the intricate carvings inlaid on the walls. What she could see however is that the house’s security was a bit lax by a notch. It was understandable since they were in a safe neighborhood. Zoa grew up with having a cadre of bodyguards from South Korean SEAL Teams follow her everywhere. She could remember those days in their boarding school where she and Soojin were always tailed by a plainclothed bodyguard from a safe distance. The absence of heavy, close-in security was a welcome change for her.

The app notified her that the cab was already at the gate, waiting for her. Standing up, she went out the front door and passed by Chan-mi, Soojin’s driver. Greeting him a pleasant day, she went on towards the gate and onto the cab waiting for her.

While heading to their destination, Zoa’s mother called and said that they would be home in a couple of weeks. She told her not to worry and to take their time as she’s safe with Soojin in their house. Thankfully, the Signiel blunder did not reach her parents and they were clueless about it.

She and Jihan had been messaging back and forth recently. They loved to talk about their favorite works and all the intricacies behind it. Growing up, Zoa had read a lot of classical works and was well-versed in Shakespeare, Voltaire and other great authors. This greatly interested Jihan who’d ask a lot about the works of those authors. Zoa indulged her as much as she wants, enjoying the company Jihan brings with her.

Zoa felt for the phone charm she had in her pocket. She asked Soojin to make it for her last night, barging into her room.

“Soojin-unnie!” Zoa called as she opened the door to Soojin’s bedroom.

The girl was in the middle of a video call with Soeun, laying on her stomach. Startled, she asked Zoa what was it, thinking it was an emergency. She laid on Soojin’s back and said hello to an equally startled Soeun.

“Appa!” Zoa greeted Soeun who returned the greeting.

“Yo kid! Wassup!” Soeun replied in decent english.

“Appa?! Yah Hyewon-ah what’s going on?” Soojin recovered from Zoa’s tackle.

Zoa explained to Soeun’s girl that Soeun was now a father figure to both them and Jihan.

“Well, at least we got kids now honey.” Soeun said with a grin.

“Oh? Honey? Am I still your princess Ssong?”

“You’re my queen.”

Zoa nearly knocked herself out from the affection these two are showering themselves with. She had continued on bugging Soojin until their conversation was over, rolling around Soojin’s spacious bed.

“What do you want Zoa?” Soojin asked after their call was over.

Zoa simply took out a small container with parts for a phone charm in it. She asked Soojin to put it together as she wants to give it to Jihan soon. Soojin then went to work and put the charm together in no time. It was a pair of charms and Soojin understood what Zoa wanted. After that, Zoa retreated back into the library. She had only come out earlier when she went out of the house.

She was snapped out of her reminiscing when the cab grounded to a halt in front of Jihan’s apartment. Walking into the complex, she remembered that Jihan once mentioned that she lived on the third floor, but she forgot which room it was. So she went up and walked up the stairs. Scanning the various doors, she was relieved to find nameplates beside each of the doors. So Zoa went and scanned each nameplate looking for the Jihan’s name, and so she walked.

Until she found the nameplate that bears the name Han Jihyo. Excited, she raised her hand to knock on the door.

She was about to knock when the door opened by itself amd Zoa came face to face with a bewildered Jihan.

“Eh? Hyewon-ah?”

“Jihan-ah! Uhm…”

Zoa was flustered at the unexpected encounter.

“Have I caught you on the way out?”

“Oh I don’t mind, do you wanna go back in?” Jihan offered Zoa.

She agreed and Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter