C98- No Words Came Out

SWEET LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C98- No Words Came Out

 

Lifting her spirit, Baek Insoo put on a gentle smile and walked over with tea and fruits.

“Dara is back! You really haven’t been back home for a long time; your father missed you,” Baek Insoo said as she put down the tea and fruits on the coffee table. “Here are the oranges and sweet apples that I bought and prepared today, have some,” Insoo spoke in a sweet voice. She was careful with her words. She said Park Sungwoo missed Sandara Park but didn’t mention Madam Park or herself.

If she added herself and Madam Park, it would be hypocritical and Sandara  would not believe it. It didn’t take a brain to figure out that neither of them would miss Sandara Park.

It was different to say that Park Sungwoo missed her daughter. That would not only let Park Sungwoo know that she was trying to help ease the relationship between him and his daughter, but also let Sandara Park feel that she was trying to please her.

Sure enough, once Baek Insoo said those words, Park Sungwoo tapped on her hand and said, “You sit down. Let the servants do this.”

“Let the servants do it,” how could that reflect Baem Insoo  virtuous grace?

Insoo was truly a woman adaptable to circumstances. If Hwang Hanbyul had half the fortitude of Baek Insoo, she wouldn’t be where she was.

“Dara, why didn’t Mr. Kwon come with you?” Park Sungwoo casually asked, though he was his future son-in-law, Sungwoo still couldn’t call him by his name very naturally. The difference in social status between the two people was too huge.

Hearing Kwon Jiyong name, Sandara Park smiled. “He’s very busy with work.”

Park Sungwoo nodded. A character like Kwon Jiyong was responsible for the whole Kwon Family and the King's Corp, how could he not be busy?

Sandara Park smile almost hurt Baek Insoo eyes. Her eyelids trembled as she put on a forced smile.

Soon after, Miss Jang rushed over. “Chairman, dinner is ready. Per your instructions, the dishes are all Miss Park favorites!”

Park Sungwoo smiled and walked Sandata Park toward the dining room. “Dara, come and take a look, see if you like these dishes.”

Sandara Park glanced at the dishes on the table. They were indeed the dishes she loved, but only before she was eight years old. People’s tastes changed. There was nothing on the table that she actually liked by then. It turned out that the only person who didn’t forget her preferences was Kwon Jiyong.

Thinking of the man who always had a cold face, Sandara Park heart warmed.

At the dinner table, Park Sungwoo would put food in Sandara bowl from time to time and complained that she was too thin and asked her to eat more.

Baek Insoo was very put off by the scene. Although Park Sungwoo also loved Hanbyul, he never put food in Hanbyul's bowl, nor did he mention that she was too thin and should eat more.
 
There was no denial that a stepdaughter would never measure up to a biological daughter. Sandara Park  was so unbearable back then, but Park Sungwoo could never be totally cruel with her. Hanbyul just made a little mistake and Sungwoo  ruthlessly kicked her out of the family.

Sandara glanced at Insoo before she fixed her gaze on Madam Park. From the look on her face, she was obviously impatient, but she still sat there quietly, as if something was brewing inside.

Sandara Park already knew the reason but still asked, “Grandma, you don’t look very well, are you feeling okay?”

The words seemed to poke the old lady’s heart and her lips started to move.

Baek Insoo lowered her eyes and took the lead. “Your grandma is worried about your aunt.”

“Of course…”

Sandara Park scoffed internally, but she didn’t bite the bait. She instead waited for the old lady to open up on her own.

Madam Park waited for a few moments but seeing that Sandara Park didn’t open to comfort her, she could only throw away her mask of pride. “Sandara, you should know what happened to your aunt. Your uncle says that she has gone crazy and has sent her to the mental hospital. I don’t believe it; how can your perfectly sane aunt suddenly go insane?” Madam Park got a little agitated mentioning that. “You should know too, that for all these years the Park family has grown because we had the Jung family’s support. Without your aunt, we wouldn’t be this successful now!”

The air settled into an awkward silence.

Sandara Park raised a brow. According to what Madam Park said, all the Park family was because of Park Sujin.

She finally understood where Park Sujin blind confidence in herself and arrogance came from now.

“Granny, you asked me to help Auntie, but how do you want me to help her?” Sandara Park asked gently.

Madam Park sighed to calm herself, explaining, “Go look for Kwon Jiyong, and beg the Kwon family. Ask them to put pressure on Jung Woosung and get him to bring your Aunt out from the mental hospital! It has to be done now, no more delays can be tolerated!”

Madam Park ordered Sandara around as though it was her right. She looked exactly like Park Sujin and  Jessica Jung. Both of them ordered her around like she was their maid too; as if she was made to fulfill every single one of their desires.

Park Sungwoo looked a little troubled, when Park Sujin  was first sent to the mental hospital by Jung Woosung, Sungwoo had approached Woosung  to try and negotiate the situation. Back then, Jung Woosung had already told him everything.

“Mom, putting aside the fact that the Jung family already broke ties with us the moment Dara and Mr. Kwon had got engaged, the things that Sis has done to Dara were already unacceptable to me.” Park Sungwoo eyes were filled with compassion and pain when he looked at Sandara Park. “Six years ago, because my sister’s acts of adultery were found out by Kim Jaejoong, she decided to sacrifice my Dara marriage and future. She wanted to marry Dara to that monster, Kim Jaejoong . Back then, I was an idiot too. I blindly trusted in Sis and thought that she genuinely wanted the best for Dara and the Park family. I actually agreed to the marriage in my moment of foolishness. Thank goodness that things have changed. If Dara would have really been married to Kim Jaejoong, what kind of torturous life would she have to lead then?”

Park Sungwoo words actually rendered Madam Park speechless, and unable to rebut. Park Sujin really was in the wrong in that situation and she had done something immoral. Even then, Madam Park was still biased toward

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter