C114 - Embarrassing Her

SWEET LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


C114 - Embarrassing Her


Not only was Madam Park surprised, so were Park Sungwoo and Baek Insoo. During the King's  Corporation anniversary dinner, even though they knew that Sandara Park knew Madam Kwon, they had never thought that even Kwon Jeongmin would approve of Sandara.

Unknowingly, Sandara Park had gotten into such close relationships with the Kwon family, so close that they couldn’t stand anyone saying anything negative about her.

A dark look passed over Baek Insoo eyes. Sandara Park  certainly was a high-level vixen; she was able to steal away the entire Kwon family’s hearts in such a short time. If she didn’t get rid of her, she would never have a good life again.

Madam Park chuckled awkwardly, “So it’s your hard work. I thought too much about it, thinking that it was our Sandara that was inconsiderate, sorry for the embarrassment.”

“Hngh!” Madam Kwon huffed. “The embarrassment is just secondary. If the two kids get married in the future, everyone will be family. I’m just curious, if you’re this harsh on the lass in public, then aren’t you treating her worse at home?”

Madam Kwon turned to Sandara Park, her expression one of pain, as though saying, “Poor child, since your grandmother doesn’t love you, then I will!”

What Madam Kwon did was like giving Madam Park a light slap on the face. She could feel the fiery burn on her cheeks.

“What are you saying? Dara is my granddaughter, why would I treat her badly?” Madam Park smiled stiffly, but she looked at Sandara Park threateningly.

Sandara Park could only smile, Madam Park was still threatening her.

“Granny, don’t worry.” Sandara smiled as she reassured Madam Kwon. “My grandma is just a little stricter, but not mean.”

Sandara Park said that because she didn’t want the awkward situation to continue on, not because she was afraid of Madam Park.

Madam Kwon huffed, as though she didn’t believe it at all. Her tone sarcastic and she said, “Lass, you’re just too kind. It’s alright, you’ll be a Kwon soon, and I’ll make sure you’ll be the most spoiled in our family!”

“Alright, I know you’ll spoil me.” Sandara Park and Madam Kwon shared an amiable smile, and the air in the private room cleared up and became more harmonious.

Park Sungwoo looked at the interaction in between Madam Kwon and Sandara Park in shock. The feeling in his heart was a little complicated. He was glad that his daughter got along amazingly with her future grandmother-in-law, but he was frustrated seeing how his own mother treated his own daughter. His mother was his daughter’s biological grandmother, but their relationship was leagues away from Madam Kwon and his daughter’s.

That was his failure as a son and as a father…

Madam Park lips twitched. Her face was bitter, but she did not say anything else.

Right then, the staff brought in the food. The food was extremely colorful and plentiful. There weren’t too many of them present, but the huge table was completely covered in food.

Kwon Jeongmin took the initiative to stand up and pour some alcohol for Park Sungwoo. Sungwoo jumped to his feet as fast as he could, both of his hands holding onto the cup. “Ah, how can I burden Director Kwon to pour my drink for me?”

Kwon Jeongmin eyes sharpened. “Future in-laws, is there something wrong about me pouring your drink for you? You raised a great daughter after all, and we are utterly grateful for you marrying your daughter into our family!”

Kwon Jeongmin words were more than Park Sungwoo could handle. Oddly, what he said had settled a huge ripple of guilt into Sungwoo heart. Sandara Park accomplishments were absolutely not because of his work as a father after all.

Kwon Jeongmin and Park Sungwii downed their drinks, and Kwon Jeongmin returned to his seat. “Come, we’re all family, don’t be shy. Let’s talk while we eat.”

Baek Insoo looked at Sandara Park cup that held water, teasing her. “Dara, on such a joyous day, how can you only drink water? Here, Auntie will pour some for you.”

The moment Baek Insoo hand touched Sandara Park  glass, the mouth of the glass was covered by Kwon Jiyong coldly commanding, “She’s not drinking today.”

Baek Insoo hand froze in mid-air and her face changed. Then she squeezed out a smile, “Don’t drink if she can’t.”

At that time, the waiter came up with a luxurious sashimi platter and placed on the table close to Sandara Park. Kwon Jiyong immediately ordered, “Put this further away.”

The waiter was confused and did not follow Kwon Jiyong  order.

The big boss’ face turned instantly, and his eyes became colder than the ice on the sashimi platter.

“Don’t you understand?” Kwon Jiyong asked coldly.

The server quickly made the connection and moved the sashimi platter in the direction of Baek Insoo .

The big boss’ face only started to relax when that platter was placed far enough from Sandara Park.

Everyone was puzzled by Kwon Jiyong strange behavior. Even Madam Kwon complained, “What is this about? Miss Park drinks and eats sushi, doesn’t she?”

Without a blank expression, Kwon Jiyong put a rib on Sandara Park plate and filled her bowl with some hot soup. “She can’t touch raw, cold, or spicy foods right now.”

Being all adults in the room, Kwon Jiyong words were immediately understood. Sandara Park must be on her period and couldn’t eat those things.

Sandara Park glimpsed at Kwon Jiyong, who looked very serious. Then she lowered her head and start eating the rib. Kwon Jiyong neurotic behavior made everyone aware that she was on her period.

Kwon Jeongmin coughed awkwardly as he raised his glass, “Come on, let’s drink, future in-law!”

Park Sungwoo watched everything unfold. Even though it was a little embarrassing, he actually was rather happy about his future son-in-law Kwon Jiyong. After being married to Baek Insoo for so many years, he never knew when Baek Insoo had her period, nor did he care to learn about the dos and don’ts during her period.

From that point alone, he could tell that Kwon Jiyong  really cared about his daughter.

Madam Kwon grinned and smiled at the loving couple, and then she looked at Madam Park in a deliberate provocation. She was trying to say that Miss Park was really treasured in the Kwon Family!

The meeting had refreshed Madam Park perception of Sandara Park. The girl she rejected as a sack of bad luck had become the treasure of the Kwon Family.

Such sense of disappointment hallowed the heart of Madam Park. What she was feeling more was uneasiness.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter