C9: Your Daughter’s Surname is Hwang!

SWEET LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


C9: Your Daughter’s Surname is Hwang!


 

It was the eightieth birthday of Madam Park. Park Sungwoo made a huge party out of it, inviting friends, business partners, upper-class socialites, as well as famous singers, and film stars. The gesture earned huge face for the old lady who always cared about what other people thought.

Madam Park walked down the stairs slowly in the arms of Park Hanbyul and Jessica Jung. Her wrinkly face was glowing with pride, taking in all the good wishes from the guests.

Posing as the female head of a powerful, Baek Insoo stood by Park Sungwoo side, looking refined and graceful as they welcomed the guests.

Baek Insoo was just as vain as Madam Park. She loved occasions where she got to show off her distinguished status. She was especially pleased to see her daughter Park Hanbyul, who had become a beauty, standing next to Madam Park and being admired by everyone.

Park Hanbyul was in her twenties, an age old enough to consider marriage. Even though she was not the biological child of Park Sungwoo, she had always been treated well by him. Madam Park had also acknowledged her as her granddaughter, sealing her status as the only Miss left in the Park Family.

The extravagant birthday celebration that year was Baek Insoo idea. She wanted to woo her mother-in-law, and at the same time use the opportunity show off her own daughter Park Hanbyul

Many young men at the dinner party were from distinguished families. Unions between the wealthy always followed the same model. Cinderella marrying prince charming would never happen in the real world, because matching between family backgrounds was what everyone really cared about.

Of course, it was Baek Insoo hope and dream that Park Hanbyul could marry into an even more powerful family than the Park. That way, not only Hanbyul was set for life, Insoo own status in the Park Family would be elevated.

Baek Insoo was quite pleased with her plan. When she saw the young woman on the other side of Madam Park, Jessica Jung, a tint of disappointment crossed over her face.

Being a huge movie star, Jessica Jung aurora was so huge that it covered Park Hanbyul completely. Jessica had the support of the Jung Family, which was much wealthier than the Park Family and had close connection with the Kwon Family. That was why Madam Park particularly loved her. Leaning on the power of the Jung Family, Park Sujin was often smug around the house and belittled her sister-in-law Baek Insoo.

Fortunately, Jessica and Kwon Jiyong were always expected to get married. Even though there was no formal engagement, there was a mutual understanding between the families. No other family dared to have any thoughts about Jessica Jung, the de facto daughter-in-law of the Kwon Family.

As a result, her daughter Park Hanbyul became the center of attention at the party.

Baek Insoo couldn’t help but feel regretful about Kwon Jiyong. Such a fine man – oh she wished Hanbyul could marry him!

“Thank you all for coming to my birthday celebration. Please enjoy yourself and forgive us of any inattentiveness!” With a big smile on her face, Madam Park felt extremely content in a room full of wealthy and powerful socialites.

Baek Insoo was a decent daughter-in-law, catering to her mother-in-law in such a way.


 
There were two pretty young ladies by her side. Park Hanbyu turned out extremely attractive, while Jessica Jung was a big movie star enjoying national fame. It brought such pride to the old lady.

At that moment, the housekeeper, Ms. Jang, walked over with a smile, “Madam Park, someone is outside with presents!”

Several men in pressed suits walked in carefully carrying a box. They opened it in front of ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter