C124-What is Going On

SWEET LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C124-What is Going On
 


At the Park mansion, the family was sitting together having tea.

Madam Park looked very gloomy; she had been like that for a few days. To her, it seemed that nothing had gone well recently, and everyone was against her. She had always believed that she was the one who controlled the whole situation, and everything would go her way.

However, some time ago, things had gradually exceeded her control.

“Hmmm.” Madam Park sighed heavily.

“Mom, why are you sighing?” Park Sungwoo inquired. Even though he had a lot of dissatisfaction with his mother, Park Sungwoo was used to being a filial son and couldn’t ignore Madam Park.

Madam Park took a look at her son and did not speak.

Seeing that his mother was not in the mood to talk to him, Park Sungwoo gave up trying to be nice and took out this phone to make a call.

The phone rang for a long time, but no one answered. Park Sungwoo scrunched his brows and complained, “What is with Mr. Choi today? Why isn’t he answering my calls?”

Hearing Mr. Choi name being mentioned, the absent-minded Baek Insoo suddenly perked up. She knew what Mr. Choi was doing that day, so she smiled and said to Park Sungwoo, “Maybe he’s busy with something. Sungwoo, what are you looking for Mr. Choi for?”

Park Sungwoo stared at the phone and said, “I want to talk to him about Dara marriage. I am planning to give some stock from the company to Dara, and I want Mr. Choi to draft an agreement.”

Park Sungwoo really relied on Mr. Choi. Every time he wanted to do something, he would always ask Mr. Choi opinion and even let Mr. Choi do things for him.

“Huh!” Madam Park snorted. “Why are you giving stocks to that damn girl? Isn’t she very rich? Is she even going to care about stocks from the Park Family?”

Judging from his mother’s strange tone, Park Sungwoo knew that the old lady was still angry about the 50-million-dollars from before. Park Sungwoo sighed quietly, and then patiently explained, “After all, Dara is my only daughter, and she is going to get married. I have to give her something from the Park Family. When I get old in the future, isn’t everything of the Park Family going to be Dara anyway?”

Thinking about that possibility made Madam Park very uncomfortable. In the end, everything of the Park Family would belong to Sandara Park.

Madam Park couldn’t help but glance at Baek Insoo belly. “If you could have kept that baby back then, this would be much better!”

No one was expecting Madam Park to bring up the miscarried baby from six years ago. The mood in the room suddenly became heavy.

Madam Park looked really sad. Regardless of how much she had loved Jessica Jung, in the bottom of her heart, she still wanted a grandson. If only Sandara Park was a boy, even though her mother Cho Yeojong eloped with someone else, Madam Park would not be too hard on her if she were a boy.

Baek Insoo put her hands on her belly subconsciously.

That was right. If she could have kept that baby everything would be better. Everything belonging to the Park Family would be hers and the baby’s instead.

She didn’t have to worry about that anymore. By the end of that day, Sandara Park would completely disappear. Then, she would have no more obstacles in the Park Family!

“Mom, don’t bring up things from the past.” Thinking about the child from six years ago, Park Sungwoo  heart still ached. That was his son, how could he not be sad?

 
That was the past. Plus, Sandara Park had paid a high price for it, being ostracized by the Park Family for so long. Finally, the family was back together. What was the point of bringing it up again?

Madam Park felt weepy and stood up to leave when the servant came to report that Kwon Jiyong  right-hand man Dong Youngbae was there.

Youngbae came without any warning nor reminder for reasons unknown.

“Director Park, sorry for the sudden visit, I hope I didn’t interrupt anything?” Youngbae followed after the Park family’s maids, his expression was courteous.

Park Sungwoo stood to welcome Dong Youngbae, shaking his head at his words. “Not at all. I wonder, what are you here for?” Park Sungwoo pointed at the sofa. “Let’s sit and talk. What would you like to drink? I’ll ask them to get you something.”

Youngbae shook his hands frantically, “No need to bother you, Mr. Park. It’s my boss, he would like to invite you and your wife to a meeting.”

“And me?” Baek Insoo was a little surprised. She and Sandara Park had a complicated relationship, and Kwon Jiyong was aware of it. Why would he ever initiate a meeting with her?

Hearing that Kwon Jiyong would like to meet him, Park Sungwoo was more than glad to accept. “Is there something he needs to urgently meet us for?”

Dong Youngbae smiled politely, “You will know when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter