C100 - She Came to Check on Him

SWEET LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


C100 - She Came to Check on Him

 
Sandara Park looked at the time and it was already eight o’clock in the evening. Kwon Jiyong had not contacted her all day.

The woman frowned and decided to call him on the phone.

“Hello?” The call was connected, but what came out was a woman’s sweet voice.

Hearing the woman’s voice come through the line, Sandara Park first reaction was to assume that it was Kwon Jiyong head secretary Chaerin, but it didn’t seem like her voice either. Chaerin voice was like a cloud made out of iron, gentle and yet hardened by life. It was definitely not this sickly-sweet cotton candy voice.

“Who are you?” Sandara questioned.

The next few moments were just a mess of sounds, as though someone was snatching the phone from the woman. She shouted out of displeasure, before Dong Youngbae voice came through.

“Miss… Miss Park.” Youngbae voice was trembling as though he was worried that Sandara Park would be angry. He quickly continued, “Boss is in his meetings, his phone is not with him.”

Even though the call was picked up by a woman, his boss was not with the woman. “Miss Park, please don’t think too much of the situation.”, Youngbae  thought.

“He’s in his meeting? For the whole day?” Sandara Park  prodded. “Does he not want to live anymore?”

Just how much did he not care about his own body? The doctor clearly instructed him to rest, but the moment he was discharged he went to have a whole day of meetings!

It wasn’t hard to hear that Sandara Park was angry over the phone, but he was not too sure whether Sandara was angry over the fact that his boss had a full day of meetings, or that the woman had picked up his boss’ phone.

Dong Youngbae had prepared a whole arsenal of explanations, but it seemed like they were all unneeded. Miss Park didn’t even give it too much thought.

Miss Park, what a mystical woman…

“The few days that Boss had been hospitalized, some things happened in the corporation. They all require the boss’s own intervention, so he’s a bit busier.”

For so many years, Kwon Jiyong had always governed over the corporation with an iron fist, securing his position as the CEO of the company. He had kept the decision making power in the hands of Kwon Jeongmin side of the family. Because of that, Kwon Jiyong had become the most powerful, feared, and the person that many people wanted to dispose of in order to prevent future worries.

The assassination attempt could have very well been from the members of the Kwon family.

Even though nothing fatal had happened to Kwon Jiyong , there are some people that had taken action and had become restless during his absence. Kwon Jeongmin had washed his hands off the happenings of the company, so there were many things he was unable to accomplish, no matter how much he wanted to.

The moment Kwon Jiyong was discharged, he went to settling the source of the unrest in the corporation.

Even though Youngbae didn’t state it outright, Sandara Park  knew that the bigger the family, the bigger the conflicts and scheming. Being an assassination target was not the scariest thing, being assassinated by your own family members was.

Kwon Jiyong methods had become more and more cruel over the years, and it was most likely a product of being in such a dangerous and uncaring family.

Ending the call, Sandara Park wanted to go to the condo directly, but had instead changed the direction that the car was going, heading towards the biggest landmark in the entire city — King's  Tower.
 
The King's Tower had strict security. Knowing that Kwon Jiyong was in a meeting, she called Dong Youngbae  instead.

Knowing that Sandara Park had already reached their office lobby, he was definitely surprised, wondering whether Miss Park had come to do a spot check on his boss because she was uneasy about the fact that a woman had picked up the call earlier.

When Youngbae had rushed to the lobby in a flurry, he was even more taken aback by the fact that Sandara Park stood there with her hands full of food.

Dong Youngbae immediately rushed to Sandara Park  side, taking some of the bags from her. He brought her to Kwon Jiyong personal elevator, straight to his office on the top floor.

“Miss Park, the boss is still in a meeting with some of the shareholders in his office.” Before entering the room, Youngbae reminded Sandara  about the presence of the other people in the room kindly.

The moment Sandara Park entered the room, she saw Kwon Jiyong seated in the biggest chair in the middle of the room. He was surrounded by a bunch of middle-aged men. He was looking tired in the middle of the huge office.

 Kwon Jiyong didn’t look too good. He had not fully recovered, so high-intensity work like that was taking a toll on his body. Even if he was strong, it would cause some damage if he kept up like that.

It was not certain whether the few so-called board members did it on purpose. They knew that Kwon Jiyong  had just left the hospital, but they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter